The S35 AHL "You're Poopeded" Awards

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by FrenchMoron, Apr 17, 2020.

1. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    The Season 35 AHL "You’re Poopeded" Awards

First off, gotta give a shoutout to @RGDeded for his hilarious thread which you should all go read and show some love to:

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums...e-inaugural-youre-poopeded-awards-s35.308668/

Now time for me to give this a try for the AHL Community.

Chances are some of you guys who win awards and got nominated are going to be a little butt hurt but just remember this is all for fun and every once in a while, don’t be a bitch and just laugh at yourself.

I will not be nominating myself or any of my fellow Checkers for this, but feel free to add your nominations in the replies and leave a like, follow or subscribe to the channel. So here we go:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BladesOnWaivers Memorial Trophy

As it was tradition in the past, our beloved BladesOnThree would get his usual pity bid before being waived at some point in the season. To commemorate such feat, here are our nominees for the season, who unlike @Gostisbehere53, at least had some kind of success at one point, but just like him, did not finish the season in the AHL.

@Gthumbz42o - Only a few seasons ago, this guy was winning 23 and 24 games in back to back season. This season, bidding hit him hard with a 6.25M contract. Guy spent more time on the trade block and on waivers than he did on the ice it, before making his way back to the CHL. With a 7-8-3 record and a @ChiSouthSiderr like -10, is anyone surprised to see this guy as a finalist for this award?

@Streetsmurf - The infamous CHL legend and part time biggie had quite the season. Not too often do you see a 7.5M player go on waivers. Even less so multiple times before lastly being claimed, not to play in the AHL, but to fill a roster spot on a bottom feeding NHL team. Maybe the inability to show up for game times had something to do with it? Or was it the lackluster 6-6-2 record? Nonetheless a truly deserving season to be a front runner for such an award.

@Helixtex - A bit of a curveball here as this guy, just like BladesOnThree, is a dual console guy who seems to have a knack for being put on waivers. Which he has on both consoles in the AHL, before also clearing waivers in the CHL and finishing his season on their TC. It's especially impressive to see the Ontario Reign waiving anyone as they have needed all the help they could get this season. Congrats on your nomination pal.

And the Winner of the BladesOnWaivers Memorial Trophy is - @Streetsmurf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Poopie Snoopie Award

The Poopie Snoopie Award is to be awarded to the GM who has showed resilience over a stretch of time but continues to own despite consistently seeing little to no success.

@jdj71 - One of the nicest person in the AHL community and great at what he does when it comes to getting 6 to show up for every game. Unfortunately, after a few attempts, it's another unsuccessful season for jdj. There's always next season I guess.

@C H U K S T R - Some might wonder why this guy makes the list as he has made playoffs in his last season as management and wasn't necessarily a bottom feeder this season. But, after sending us a heartfelt retirement message following Cleveland's French implosion his last time managing, Chuky did not learn from his mistakes and got another French loaded team, watching them go from a playoffs spot at the deadline to 18 points out when all is said and done.

@IM HEARTLESS323 - THE POOPIE SNOOPIE HIMSELF. Don't let his new tag fool you. He is still the same person who any person entering NHL bidding feared to end up having to deal with. This time though, he was back to his first love in the AHL. Unfortunately, he couldn't bring back his previous AHL success and continued the bottom feeding ways he perfected in the NHL.

And the Winner of the Poopie Snoopie Award is - Poopie Snoopie

The Friendly Opponent Award

This is to be awarded to the player who has showed up this season and seemed to be trying to help opponents hit new career highs more than winning virtual hockey games.

@MayorMcCheese39 - Being on the receiving end of as many as 3 games where the opposing team put up double digits is not an easy feat, all while winning his only game against @JC Enterprise . 1-14-1 with a -61, leading the league in mediocrity all while giving us a good laugh taking down Milwaukee. We respect you showing up regardless and helping your managers finish out the season without too many FF's.

@PykerFR - This guy only played 13 games this season, but he found a way to finish third to last in +/- going an impressive -56, winning only 1 game. Highlights of his season included a 15-5 L to CLE, an 8-1 L to GRG and a 10-4 L to SYR. Props on showing up to all 9 of his games post deadline though.

@TastyCakes2U - A defenseman on the historically bad Laval Rocket, Tasty went 2-14-0 rocking a solid -54. Gotta give him credit tho as he helped @xl Slurpee lx who stepped up when the original GM bailed on them. Only 3 FF's all season on a team who had only 15 points, hats off to you friend.

And the Winner of the Friendly Opponent Award is - @MayorMcCheese

The Adrien Broner Award

This is to be awarded to the member who talked a big game all season long, only to cool off at an impressive rate down the stretch.

@SmiTTy x 12 - I mean, on a statistical level, Smitty did alright. Then you dive deeper into it and he's played Laval twice, Springfield twice, Ontario, Stockton and Texas, his 19-8 record becomes a little less impressive. Also, anyone's who read his super biased and very delusional preseason post had a good laugh seeing this one of a kind character and his team take an abrupt fall after the deadline.

@Malchesky - God's gift to the NHL community himself. Recently he's been known as :wood:, I say that because anyone who's been around has seen him make fun of people in the shoutbox. After a couple solid seasons for the Hurricanes and a decent season for San Jose, what could possibly go wrong for Mal in his return to the AHL? Let's just say he burned more people in the shoutbox than he did in the o-zone this season going 9-16-0 in his comeback to the AHL.

@TITO SLUMGOD - There isn't quite another member of the AHL community like Tito. There isn't a day that goes by without Tito talking about himself in the SB, or he finds his way in your DM to tell you he's going to slap you that night. The self-proclaimed best center in the game finally took management, which one would think might mean his best season to date was to come. And so did he. Unfortunately, a 14-9-4 campaign without being able to reach 2 ppg is quite underwhelming as an obnoxious free contract.

And the Winner of the Adrien Broner Award is - @Malchesky

The Carole Baskin Trophy

The Carole Baskin Trophy is to be awarded to the player who was deemed to be the biggest bitch of the season.

@Nifty - Probably the best winger going into bidding. Was won by Providence. Everyone knew he wanted to be a Humerican. Somehow bitched his way out of Providence onto his beloved Rochester family. Probably only wanted to play with his pals, which made his team a one line team, eventually having them miss playoffs and seeing @Broomball16 's Bruins win the Eastern Atlantic.

@rollinj0071 - The MMA legend himself built the worst team in LGAHL history, got roasted for it in the Managers chat, threatened to use his internet savvy ways to take down all the cheaters in the AHL, only to bitch his way out the league after failing at everything he tried this season. 14 years of MMA just wasn't enough in the end...

@C4NADA - Corey might be a bitch, but he's also fucked more bitches than any of you losers. Deal with it.

And the Winner of the Carole Baskin Trophy is - @rollinj0071

The Jean Van de Velde Memorial Trophy

The Jean Van de Velde Memorial Trophy is to be awarded to the team who when it seemed like there was no way to fail, found a way to do so in epic fashion.

Rochester Humericans - Lead by a returning @I Nylander l and @Saucing Pucks coming down from the NHL. Getting Nyl's long time partner @Leniig who he's won Calders with, all while finding a way to get @Nifty for a ridiculous return. The confidence wasn't lacking in Rochester before the season started. Leniig for Eddie, Humericans for Calder, they just couldn't be beaten. Well, they will be watching the dance as they couldn't quite do enough to be a part of it.

Binghampton Devils - I mean you'd listen to @SmiTTy x 12 talk before the season started and why in the hell would a team even go through 82 games of virtual hockey when the Baby Devils had already won it all? They started off hot, but then decided it was time to fuck it all up and make quite a few trades that won't go down in history, going from battling it out for first in this stacked division, to hardly putting up a fight in the race for last spot in the playoffs. Let's just say father figure @RGDeded wasn't too impressed by his Baby Devils' epic meltdown.

Palm Springs Firebirds - It's the trade deadline and the Firebirds are a Top 5 team in the league. Their arrogance is 2nd to none as the PSN underdogs are proving everybody wrong. Their NHL team just gifted them 3 NHL players who had some kind of success up there and supposedly also have chemistry with current PSF members. Sudden Calder favorites right? Well here we are in Game 82, their faith in the hands of the ever so dangerous Ontario Reign. Can the Reign win in regulation and allow the Firebirds to squeak into the playoffs? Nope. They cannot. @TubbyTitss will give you 100 reasons as to why it happened, none of them being that he's just a below average player in the league. They'll probably keep bragging about their PSN Calder that means nothing here, but we've all enjoyed watching them burn slowly and get quieter as the end of the season approached.

And the Winners of the Jean Van de Velde Memorial Trophy are - The Palm Springs Firebirds

The thekiller15000 Award

For a lack of reference when it comes to goalies who have done poorly in their careers in the AHL whether it is virtually or in the real world, this season we will commemorate the inaugural Winner of the Ron Low Trophy (NHL You're Poopeded Awards) by naming the AHL's recipient of the worst goalie of the season in his honor.

Couple of them got unlucky with the team they landed on, so not completely their fault, but the stats look rough regardless. (Minimum 27 GP)

@IM HEARTLESS323 - 12-31-4 / 244 GA / 0.735 SV% / 5.07 GAA

@TealCypress3011 - 14-18-2 / 143 GA / 0.748 SV% / 4.12 GAA

@JD l23l - 9-22-3 / 133 GA / 0.758 SV% / 3.81 GAA

And the Winner of the thekiller15000 Award is - @IM HEARTLESS323

The Wzia Trophy

The trophy is to be awarded to the manager(s) who came up from the CHL, but should really consider going back down.

@Saad Excuse & @bMaJuH - A 20-49-13 record, took them about 3 weeks to get their first win. I don't think they'll be surprised by this nomination. Seem like great lads tho.

@the alliane & @Jake GuentzeI - 26-48-8 record, an absolute pain in the ass to deal with. Just go back down, it'll be more enjoyable for all parties involved.

@FalsexHopex204 - YOU JUST GOT POOPIE SNOOPIE'D! Sucks for you, but you probably got the worst possible mentor in your AHL debut, I'd strongly recommend going back down for some fun internet hockey action for you, if you want to keep managing.

And the Winners of the Wzia Trophy are - We have a 3-way tie.

The GB521 Memorial Trophy

The trophy is to be awarded to the player who got massively overpaid and couldn't quite hold on to the weight that was put on their shoulders.

@Alpha x 77 - At just about 1/3 of his team's cap space, you expect a little bit more than a 12-13-2 campaign outta your star player. A little bit of inflation in his last season definitely didn't help out Sully, but in the end at 8M, the weight was just too much.

@Reidsss - Gotta cut Reiders some slack, he did play in some tough ones, but at 8.25M, one expects a record above .500. Luckily for him, he has a chance to redeem himself in the playoffs and make everyone forget about his worst LG season record wise.

@Streetsmurf - The Winner of the BladesOnWaivers Memorial is back for another nomination, as mentioned earlier, a 6-6-2 record at 7.5M is not quite what you expect, but he also did not try to carry the weight, missing at least 5 games and being shipped left and right throughout the season.

And the Winner of the GB521 Memorial Trophy is - @Alpha x 77

The Giilbz Award

This is to be awarded to the NHL player who spent the most time acting tough in the AHL shoutbox this season.

@JJr - After losing all credibility in the NHL, as if he ever had any, JJr shows up to the AHL shoutbox randomly to try and chirp people, only to be reminded he doesn't have any credibility down here either.

@Duncan Queeef - Deke never misses a chance to remind the people of his superiority by flashing his logo to AHL shitters.

@Giilbz - I don't think I've ever met a NHL player as proud of being better than AHL shitters as much as this guy, especially seeing him try to take on a team down here after management success in the NHL. We geeeeeeet it. Now put the sweat band down.

And the Winner of the Giilbz Award is - @Duncan Queeef

The Appendix Trophy

The Appendix Trophy is the opposite of the Hart, being arguably the least important organ in the human body this award will be given to the least important player on a team.

@l Freddy ll 's linemates - Freddy finished 3rd in goals AND points on his team. As a defenseman. At 9.75M. Nuff said.

@Daooust - Man played 1 game in the first 3 weeks, as the GM. Then he started playing and the team slowly slipped out of the playoff picture.

@PitcheRxSwaGx - I love my man's Jakob, but he's arguably the guy who's had the smallest impact on Syracuse's dominance this season. Stop lying to yourself, I know you hate to G.

And the Winner of the Appendix Award is - @PitcheRxSwaGx

The skyre5 Award

This is to be awarded to the player who is seen as both a scrubhunter and a MVP candidate by his peers.

@Johnkenne y01 - 115 points is a lot for 27 games played. Make playoffs? Nope. Scrubhunter or MVP?

@Black Paperclip - Another playoff hopeful who couldn't quite pull through for his team. 106 points in 28 games. Scrubhunter or MVP?

@Pearson x 70 - 90 points in 28 games. Only 10 games against playoffs teams. Still a lot of points on a team no one expected to do well. Scrubhunter or MVP?

And the Winner of the skyre5 Award is - @Johnkenne y01

I want to congratulate all of the winners. You all deserve it!

Hopefully everybody enjoyed my version of the Inaugural "You're Poopeded" Awards. Once again I got to give credit to @RGDeded on this one.

Feel free to mention any nominee that should have been up here or any awards/trophy that should be added on to the S36 edition.

Moron

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    • Like x 36
    • Winner x 26
    • Funny x 9
    • Troll x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Clutch l28l

Clutch l28l Washed Vet

Discord:
    Clutch#1521
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 118 / -116
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    the717clutch
  3. C0R3Y1992

C0R3Y1992 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    thetowelboy6#3677
    Ratings:
    +172 / 25 / -28
    this was really funny very creative

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    C0R3G4MING
  4. mikeychel

mikeychel Living legend

Discord:
    mikeychel#9499
    Ratings:
    +1,468 / 122 / -262
    Lmfao

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    ReallyGooodDad
  6. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. l Freddy ll

l Freddy ll 17

Discord:
    lfreddyll#0
    Ratings:
    +320 / 6 / -12
    I must know exactly how long this took, super creative and impressed French had a few laughs at some of the players , this is high tier media that we don’t get to see often thanks so much!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Started around 2:30am, in between rewatching all 4 of our ESHL games, a few Twitch streams kept me distracted at times, but all and all around 5 and a half hours of me tryna fix my sleep schedule by staying up until tonight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Bxccaneer

Bxccaneer I swear to drunk I'm not God

Discord:
    Bxccaneer#6996
    Ratings:
    +88 / 6 / -14
    This is the best write up I’ve ever read, kudos Moron

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    DeLosh
  10. C4NADA

C4NADA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    C4NADA#8873
    Ratings:
    +134 / 87 / -113
    • Like Like x 2
    c4nada
  11. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Love you too Corey :kiss:

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Wzia

Wzia SotD: Fighting by Yellowcard

Discord:
    wzia.#0
    Ratings:
    +2,078 / 137 / -204
    I’ve made it big boys. Proud of the award in my honor.

btw I still need to cash this in @FrenchMoron. Just let me know when you’re available.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Donnnnyyyy

Donnnnyyyy Meatball

Ratings:
    +133 / 16 / -16
    You missed an opportunity to ignore french morons media as he has disdain for your top 50 lists. Having said that media needs you both.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Saad Excuse

Saad Excuse Well-Known Member

Discord:
    saadexcuse#0
    Ratings:
    +233 / 23 / -38
    I was kinda aiming for being the new poopy. NHL here I come

• Like Like x 1
    saadexcuse
  15. l1l Sharp l0l

l1l Sharp l0l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +727 / 85 / -80
    • Like Like x 1
    Lsharpl
  16. Alpha x 77

Alpha x 77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    I’m trying to go back-to-back, who’s placing a 10 mil bid on me next season?

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  17. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    Lmao very funny, but @TheCoyDuck (Rage Rox) is easily the Gilbz award winner... Get's roasted constantly in the nhl chat but then comes down here to flex his muscle since he cancered his way onto a good team to flex even more.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    ChiSouthSiderr
  18. mikeychel

mikeychel Living legend

Discord:
    mikeychel#9499
    Ratings:
    +1,468 / 122 / -262
    Technically you thought you were a legitimate candidate for an NHL roster after bidding and in your mind your an NHLer visa ve you would also be a candidate for the Gilbz award

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    When did I say that?

ChiSouthSiderr