The Striker Position

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by socalguy, Jul 12, 2004.

1. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Who do you guys believe is the best striker worldwide today in football? Being over in England and all, getting all the Wayne Rooney coverage due to his brilliance in the Euro 2004 tournament, and talks of him going to Real Madrid, talks of him going to Arsenal (now denied), and even talks of him going over to Manchester United. He is young, but definetly has a bright future, if he keeps all this up, unlike Michael Owen from the 1998 World Cup in France.

As for my best striker, I am going to go with Thierry Henry, he is that damn good. For those who don't know him, he is one of the strikers (other one being Dennis Bergkamp) for Arsenal, and also plays for the French National Team.

I have a gut feeling Skater is going to say Ruud Van Nistleroy, but while I was in England I watched a re-cap of the 2003-2004 season, and all of his goals were little 2 foot tap ins. He had 20 goals last season in the F.A. Premiership League, and at least 13 were no more than 4 foot tap in rebounds. Outside of the box, he is a little weak.

I am ready for all criticism from both Tris (Netherlands), and Skater (Manchester United).

No Streaming Account
  2. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I wasnt going to say Ruud....I was going to say Henry with Ruud coming in 2nd....The only problem with Henry is that he doesn't have as much talent to play with on his team as Ruud has at Man Utd....But Henry is the best striker in the world.

No Streaming Account
  3. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Surprising lol. But Nistelroy might not have as much talent, as soon he may be going somewhere. Man U are trying to buy Wayne Rooney who currently has a $120 USD Transfer Fee on his head. If they were to get him, Man U said they would drop Nistelroy, who would be picked up by Madrid. Then, they would drop Ronaldo, who would go to Barcelona.

They all discussed it, and if Rooney goes to Man U, that would happen lol, pretty interesting really.

No Streaming Account
  4. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Henry, as for reasons mentioned above, simply just an amazing striker.

No Streaming Account
  5. DPAnders

DPAnders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What position does Ronaldo play? Is it midfield or striker?

No Streaming Account
  6. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Brazilian Ronaldo or the Portugese Ronaldo?

If you are talking about the Brazilian one, Luiz Ronaldo, then yes, he is a striker. He is a very damn good one at that, but doesn't come close to challenging Thierry Henry for the best striker in the world. He just gets more spotlight as most Brazilians do.

The other Ronaldo, Cristiano Ronaldo, plays for Manchester United, he is a forward, but not usually in the striker position. He is honestly over-rated, gets way more coverage than he deserves. Mostly one of those guys that the girls absolutely love even though he is a tosser like.

No Streaming Account
  7. DPAnders

DPAnders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was talking about the Brazilian Ronaldo and I guess he is not very good. Lol. I just read most and don't watch very much soccer, since we don't get much here in the States. But I really like to watch good soccer, not the MLS bullshit. I watched that U.S-Poland game on ESPN 2 the other night. It was a good game. BUt as I said I don't see much European soccer, so I don't know much.

No Streaming Account
  8. bowdown

bowdown Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This past season it had to be Henry, hands down.

No Streaming Account
  9. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't talking about this past season of football, I am talking about in the world over the past few years. But either way, it still has to be Thierry Henry.

No Streaming Account
  10. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeh, he has had really nobody except for Bergkamp, Pires, and Ljungberg on offense to work with. I would have to say for the supporting cast that he has, Henry is the best striker in the world.

No Streaming Account
  11. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    International team he is loaded though, especially with Zidane backing him up, he is unstoppable. But there were rumors recently that he was headed to Real Madrid, him or Patrick Vieria, but Arsenal released a statement saying that they won't let go of either one of them so that they can become Madrid's new toy.

But then they would have to get rid of Ronaldo or Raul...I say Raul, but who cares, I don't route for Real Madrid.

No Streaming Account
  12. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeh, but Zidane is getting older now, but he is still really good. Henry will not end up in Real, there is no way that the Gunners will let go of the Premiership Player of the Year and also the Golden Boot winner.

No Streaming Account