Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by swiper19, Jun 19, 2008.

1. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    You guys are way behind the curve this time...you want next-gen cars? Check these badboys out:

http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/06/24/transportation-tuesday-antro-solo-gets-150mpg/
    http://gas2.org/2008/06/23/mercedes-smart-to-sell-electric-cars-in-2010/

The new line of E-Hybrids or Plug-in Hybrids will be rolling out around mid 2010 through 2012. With this current gas crunch you'll be seeing more and more builders coming out.

And for you naysayers that say it will cost too much to re-charge the batteries...there's an endless power supply called the sun. Charge your car while it's parked at work or at home.

No Streaming Account
  2. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    I'll play $10 a gallon before I'm ever seen driving either of those. The first one is the ugliest thing I've ever seen and the second would have a accident fatality higher then a motorcycle. Not saying it does but if it doesn't, it looks like it should. :mrgreen:

drummerJ99
  3. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Its that type of backwards thinking that will lead to never making strides in improving the environment. When will people see automobiles for what they are? They're not status symbols or an extension of your attire...they're modes of transportation.

No Streaming Account
  4. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Yeah but who says they have to be ugly? So you don't pay any attention to looks when you buy your car, house or clothes?

The Prius, which I drive, helps the environment and it looks alot better then most of the futuristic cars. That and reports are it's suppose to get 90 miles to a gallon next year but of couse mine's also suppose to get 60 but it doesn't.

btw, what are families of 4 or more suppose to do? Drive 2 cars? The top link is a 3 seater and the bottom a 2. I don't expect huge SUV's to get 100mpg but I don't see the advantage to green cars when they are only 2 or 3 seaters.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
    drummerJ99