UFC 2009 Undisputed

Discussion in 'LG WWE League' started by JBagg2010, Apr 13, 2009.

1. JBagg2010

JBagg2010 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just curious if anyone was looking at picking this game up when it drops in May?

No Streaming Account
  2. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    if i see scores around 8/10 ill definitely be getting it. Im really hoping this game is going to live up to the things the developers were saying.

No Streaming Account
  3. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    Getting it on release day.

cup4bluesNHL
  4. JBagg2010

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am deffinately picking it up. I just hope it lives up to all the hype as well. But I had trouble finding details on the online specs of this game...

No Streaming Account
  5. JBagg2010

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that if the online play can hold up, that a little 1v1 league or like an Ultimate Fighter Championship like the show where you have 2 teams with a captain. I think that would be fun and interesting to start up.

No Streaming Account
  6. Gerbox 360

Gerbox 360 Gerbox is so 2009

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will definately get this.

I also think a league would be awesome.

I have some ideas I had wrtten down at home, I'm at work right now so I'll give a basic outline how I feel it could work later today when I get the time.

No Streaming Account
  7. JBagg2010

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That sounds amazing! Can't wait to see your ideas.

No Streaming Account
  8. BioHizzle

BioHizzle Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BioHizzle#4181
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would definitely be interested in getting into this league if it actually happens, i'm not sure if i'll get it release day or not, but I do know that I will get it within the first week or two...

No Streaming Account
  9. worm42x10

worm42x10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i will be getting this game. i think a league would be cool. it could be like the International Fight League they once had. there are 5 fights a night and the team who wins 3 out of 5 takes home the win. they also keep win/loss records of all 5 fights for a tie beaker. i think this could be cool. each team has 1 fighter in 5 different weight class. this could be a very cool team league game.

"Each of the 12 IFL teams for 2007 competes in three regular season events; the teams with the top four overall win-loss team records will advance to the semi-finals, which will be held on Thursday, Aug. 2 at Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, N.J. The 2007 IFL Finals will be held at The Forum in Los Angeles on Saturday, Sept. 15. Each of the nine regular season IFL events consists of four teams each with an athlete in five weight classes competing. The team that wins the best three of five match setup wins, similar to collegiate and high school wrestling meets. The coach of each team is a world-renown MMA champion, who has assembled his team (the athletes all train as a team together) in a specific city and training center.

The IFL also differs from other MMA organizations in that the bouts are held in an oversized five-rope boxing ring with three, four-minute rounds, each designed to create the most compelling in-arena experience. The IFL has also exceeded the state regulations for safety in the ring, by outlawing elbow strikes to the head. The rules also prohibit head butting, hair pulling, elbows to the head or face, and strikes to the spine, kidney, throat or back of the head. Fighters are not allowed to use abusive language in the fighting area or any form of unsportsmanlike conduct that causes injury to an opponent."

No Streaming Account
  10. Gerbox 360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking a 1v1 type thing myself, Team League just sounds so IFL, that I hadn't even thought of it. I am however open to change.

No Streaming Account
  11. JBagg2010

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A "team league" does kind of get away from UFC and more towards IFL. I was leaning towards a 1v1 league myself. But if majority wants a team based league, I would still be eager to participate.

No Streaming Account
  12. worm42x10

worm42x10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i am open to 1v1, the only reason i suggested that is because i play in the OTP hockey league and i have a lot of fun being part of a team. but 1v1 would be just as fun.

No Streaming Account
  13. JBagg2010

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Realistically if we had enough committed members to the league, I think that a singles ladder and a team league could co-exist. But I think Gerbox has a pretty good plan instore for us later tonight.

No Streaming Account
  14. beargamer86

beargamer86 bearsgamer86

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Id definetly be interested

No Streaming Account
  15. xShauN88

xShauN88 Stafflete

Ratings:
    +184 / 8 / -14
    im getting it

would be cool to have belts for each weight class and number 1 contenders.

Swiftsg
  16. realdeal

realdeal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting it myself n would join a league

No Streaming Account
  17. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Definetly getting this game on release day. Ive been waiting along time for this 1, the PS2 UFC (tap out and sudden impact), and the PRIDE game were my favorites for that system. Im betting the reveiws wont be amazing, but for fight fans it should be well worth the release price. Although i wasen't impressed with the gameplay video they released a couple months ago, im hoping they fixed the glaring problems and we will have the most realistic fight simulation ever. My biggest wish is a "Be a Pro" feature, very simular to NHL but without the juice.

Id definetely be interested in the IFC format, but even a 1 v 1 league, with an original UFC tournament to finish the season would be SicK.

No Streaming Account
  18. Composure

Composure Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just wanna wreck house with Thiago Alves.

No Streaming Account
  19. Gerbox 360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I think a lot of this is dependant on the number of people that would be available. I was thinking of how this game could be done on LG last week and by my way of thinking as it is a fighting game would be 1 on 1.

To start the league the easiest thing would be a tournament, or several tournaments over the different weight classes. From the reception it looks like several people would atleast give it a try.

This is just some things I was thinking and obviously everyones input would make this more possible. Basically start with tournaments. Based on those initial tournaments you would have a champion and an ability to seed the fighters in particular weight class for a Top 10.
    Once the intital stage of the tournament is over, the league would run in a semi sim way to how ufc is run. Have a commissioner to perform the matchmaking Joe Silva/ Dana White aspect and make the actual "cards".

Cards could be 10-12 fights and have about 2 a week. Maybe three days to find and complete your fight with your opponent. I would assume best 2 out of 3 as fights can sometimes be frustratingly short.

Users would pick one particular fighter at the beginning very much like the 1v1 leagues around here now. And continue along a LG career, as new fighters come into the fold and fight to become top contenders. You have the champion fighting the guys in the top of the top ten and those challengers competing amongst each other while the lower ranked fighters are looking for that big win that propels them up the card.

This is just some stuff I had jotted down, it's kinda all over the place because I was going to sit down and write out a proposal or something to Tris or Stagg but it got brought up today so that's my general idea.

No Streaming Account
  20. JBagg2010

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think thats a great start. To me, this way sounds like it would be more fun and efficient.

No Streaming Account