Vote: Club or League

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tanny94, Jul 4, 2013.

?

Club or League

1. Club

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. League

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tanny94

Tanny94 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    Before we go anywhere with this just want to know want people preferred. Would they like to play in a club tournament, were everyone chooses their own life with 12 player roster, or league play, like a LG season. Would like to hear your inputs.

No Streaming Account
  2. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    LG CLUB tournament would be my choice.

Last time we had a Club Tourney it was alot of fun. Great way for people to get a feel for the site.

No Streaming Account
  3. KASTOR N POLLUX

KASTOR N POLLUX S16 JACK ADAMS WINNER

Discord:
    Kastor n Pollux (Storm Team Dad)#5430
    Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -5
    clubs will just recruit others to stack their teams, there is no way to monitor who was originally on a club before signup. just run it with league players and randomize the teams or do a quick draft. not everyone plays in a dedicated club, that's why some people sign up for leagues, to play in an organized environment

kastornpollux
  4. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    What KNP said.. and what the poll seems to be saying as well.

Maverik19
  5. l37l FOX l413l

l37l FOX l413l C - #63

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    League. When would it start?

No Streaming Account
  6. Staggzilla

Staggzilla Straight Cash Homie

Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -4
    Club is easy to do. we will still be taking pictures so we can see who is playing. However, wouldn't recruiting new players be a plus not a negative?

No Streaming Account
  7. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    I voted for club tourney.

Best of both worlds. You get the organization and stat tracking and all that, while still getting to play with people you actually want to play with.

If we have a club tournament here and it actually happens, top players will play and may stick around for future LGHL seasons, which will help LG toward its goal of overtaking LA as the #1 site. (I don't see it happening, personally.)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
    bearditv
  8. KASTOR N POLLUX

KASTOR N POLLUX S16 JACK ADAMS WINNER

Discord:
    Kastor n Pollux (Storm Team Dad)#5430
    Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -5
    recruiting new players in which you only got because you held a club tourney, who is to say they join with the mentality that the can always play with their friends in this league environment. and when they don't get drafted to their club mates teams, they just quit. in business, they always say it's cheaper to keep current customers than to go out and cater the new ones and risk losing the current ones. why throw out the guys in the cold that stuck it out here, even when their teams did terrible and such, or even the ones helpin chl teams out during their struggles goin into playoffs? I play in a dedicated club, so I am not being bias about it, but as always, I feel for the people who aren't as fortunate. sometimes what's easier, isn't always the right thing. just sayin...

kastornpollux
  9. Sw1nek1lls

Sw1nek1lls Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -1
    I think the league idea is more manageable, though the Club sounds good, but like KNP stated too hard to regulate. League is a good way. I like the idea of a random assignment, but its hard because possibilities of a super stacked team are at hand.

No Streaming Account
  10. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Kastor actually, "club" will take less tracking compared to a lot of set up work. "club" rosters would have to be submitted at sign up, it doesn't mean a club can just randomly add and subtract roster players. This would still be organized and be more of an opportunity for little groups to "buddy up" and hopefully get some community members together while also bringing in some neww faces for a taste of the site/league.

The league style would mean way more organizing and roster structure which would mostly take away from actually playing just getting it set up.

Also, the biggest thing to consider will be replacement players...this time of year don't expect late sign up to fill rosters when people don't show up. There may be a couple stragglers sign up late. Either way I think its going to be a tournament style kind of thing so we'll see.

So I think work wise you guys have things a little backwards but Tanny will be heading this up on which ever way he decides people want.

11. BROKEUDOWN

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    We could run a club tourney with the Club Challenge Feature, guaranteeing that at the very least the players are on the club within cool-down periods.

Since alot of players (including me), dont have dedicated clubs. Would open up the opportunity for players, like me, to fill in holes in clubs rosters. And give incentive for people to get clubs together. Its much more casual, and usually less labour intensive than a traditional league.

Stacked teams happen, a winners and losers bracket could be used so that every club gets at least 2 playoff rounds.

No Streaming Account
  12. Tanny94

Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    Well looks like majority of people are more interested in a league play. Gonna leave the poll up for a few more days though.

But for the time being, if you are interested in being an owner/gm, please pm me so we can get started on this soon.

No Streaming Account
  13. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    I'm not on a club at the moment, so the thought of being either excluded or combined with a bunch of people who don't have a club to take on 6s teams that have played together for weeks (if not longer) doesn't really sound all that enjoyable to me.

No Streaming Account
  14. BROKEUDOWN

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    International tourneys have a Bronze bracket...where all of the losers from the 1st round play for the 3rd place. So if your club isn't Elite, there will still be a road to the podium.

No Streaming Account
  15. icceman9

icceman9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    club tourney would be a big mistake

No Streaming Account
  16. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Sorry, no more bashing things just because others don't have the same opinion as yours...

I think the whole idea of "club" was that people from the league kind of form their own "group" to compete against other groups of people from the league. It wasn't about using actual random clubs from who knows where. We expected that some players would bring in guys that haven't played here to round out their "club" but obviously the main goal and guidelines would revolve around giving our community a place to play for the rest of the summer not just let random clubs come here and have their own little tournament while most of you sit around and watch.

17. Tanny94

Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    Okay, looks like we will be doing a league. Keep checking back for more information as we release it. Also, we need a few more people to volunteer to be owners so we can get this off as planned.

No Streaming Account