Week 1 Breakdown

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by StamToast, Oct 18, 2019.

1. StamToast

StamToast Simple Rick

Discord:
    stamtoast#0
    Ratings:
    +1,035 / 9 / -13
    Week 1 is in the books and nobody on my team has quit yet..well not technically.
    Here's a quick breakdown:

The Toronto Maple Leafs are good. As we thought the Maple Leafs are very good team and they are the only team without a regulation loss! Congrats on Devin with the only player with 8 wins already on the season. This team has played 9 games and allowed 12 goals. Yes 12. Is this good goal tending or great structure and team defense? Could be both as Toronto looks to continue extending their point lead in the Atlantic as well as the Eastern conference.

That was the good, now for the bad.
    Nashville was able to play 9 games this week and get only 5 points. Going into the season I was skeptical of the roster and I dont think this was a fluke of a week. This team will more than likely continue to struggle unless they make some serious moves.

Next up, My Dallas Stars. Yikes. The Stars were able to win 3 games while scoring the lowest amount of goals of any team. Playing behind this team as a goalie has been interesting to say the least. The stagnant offense could be a problem, but could also get better if the team stays together long enough. A lot of teams blow up their roster after bad starts so we will see what happens. This team does have enough to improve on a 3 win week, but it will be tough to reach a playoff spot if this team struggles for another week.

Last team I will touch on is Boston. I am not sure what happened here as the Bruins only managed 6 pts. This team looks way better on paper than they performed on the virtual ice. You look at this roster and it is tough to see them having a week like this. They have played some close games, but they lost some games that they should not have. 8 - 2 against Tampa was a shocking game to me. They only managed 7 shots on goal while Cripser only allowed 8 goals on 18 shots. This team needs a good bounce back week from all 3 phases as they have under performed already.

FOOTBALL CORNER
    This will be where I give out my weekly awards

The Freddie Kitchens Award
    In over their head as a manager of a team. (PS this guy literally was a RB coach who was in charge of like 3 guys and now he runs a team)

Winner- PureRippin
    Where did it all go wrong? Hopefully he can get Baker Mayfield back to being good or he might have a team that will quit on him

The Matt Ryan Award
    Yikes. Can I get some help? Anybody? Hello?

Winner- o Smiitty
    0-6 with a 75.3% and 3.11 GAA. Any goalie that has lost 6 games without a win I would expect to have gross stats. These arent the best stats but YIKES he needs some help.

The Joe Flacco Award
    What the heck is going on. Pretty okay player with had a few good seasons and looks lost.

Winner- Woahmack
    Wooaaahhhmack. 0-3 -14. His team scored 1 goal in 3 games. Woahmack is a capable player , but this start to the season has been a yikes.

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Trick x9

Trick x9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 5 / -3
    THESE LEAFS

• Like x 1
    • Get Good x 1