Week 2 AHL Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by I Love ND, Feb 7, 2014.

1. PardonMyJake

PardonMyJake Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jake.44#0
    Ratings:
    +1,291 / 4 / -14
    How bout them trades?

No Streaming Account
  2. Audacity81

Audacity81 Official Dick Pick Provider of LG

Discord:
    audacity81#0
    Ratings:
    +2,430 / 157 / -263
    what team does that guy who is all upset play for?

No Streaming Account
  3. Doc Status

Doc Status dark stasis

Ratings:
    +504 / 8 / -4
    I feel like that doesn't really narrow it down.

No Streaming Account
  4. Banging Models

Banging Models Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +918 / 5 / -10
    PtP is a peasant, treat him as such.

No Streaming Account
  5. prime time pope

prime time pope Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -3
    I see we got to the feudal system this week in 5th grade social studies.

No Streaming Account
  6. nick1133

nick1133 nick1133

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Sooooo.......... an Asian guy,Jewish guy, and a Russian guy walk into a bar....................

No Streaming Account
  7. MAXiMiliAN VII

MAXiMiliAN VII aka MaxMANDiiNGO

Ratings:
    +390 / 0 / -0
    I've been removed as management before and I felt like shit over it; so I feel bad for anyone who is going through that. But at the same time I felt a sense of relief. No more chasing guys for their availability or PMs to check. No more worrying about people showing up, or worrying if a trade will work out or not. In hindsight that sense of relief serves as proof that I was not ready to be in management.

Being management is very challenging. You are responsible for a lot of things which often times will not go as planned. What's more? You will have a lot of pressures and expectations from Ownership, the League and your Players. It's not always easy to make it work or to find a balance.

Most people in management should know how hard it is. So why bother shitting on someone who got removed? Remember most people in this league never even attempt to shoulder any responsibility at all. If you are in management long enough there is a good chance you have been fired, or removed at some point or another. And those who haven't are usually either really talented or really smart.

My point is there is no shame in failing at it - so many do. But there is shame in failing at and subsequently starting a fucking flame war. Learn from your mistakes, and if you are really smart you will learn from other people's mistakes as well.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  8. StickNick555

StickNick555 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    I disagree with most of this - most management gets fired? That's inaccurate. Especially to say the longer you've been doing it the higher the chance, the good ones stick around.

Then to say its tough, sure I've done it multiple times, but I'm almost positive the person your sticking up for has been in management before so he knew damn well how hard it was.

I have respect for those that do management knowing how tough it is, but I'm not quite sure what point your making.

No Streaming Account
  9. StickNick555

StickNick555 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    And how bout them trades? Blazekings was a solid pick up.

No Streaming Account
  10. MAXiMiliAN VII

MAXiMiliAN VII aka MaxMANDiiNGO

Ratings:
    +390 / 0 / -0
    I think you missed almost every point I made so I will rephrase with less tl;dr

managemnt is rough if someone gets removed you don't need to shit on them. If you do get removed you don't need to start a flame war and make yourself look bad. And if you are in management you should be able to understand both sides of things and not lower yourself. Not to sound like an old fart but in my day all of you would be getting suspended for posting this kind of stuff. I don't know how the standards got lowered, but I am disappointed by it. In the old days when you flamed you had to be creative and genuinely insulting beyond poorly used profanity.

okay never mind is included some to;dr lol

No Streaming Account