Western Conference Quaterfinals Round 1 Playoff Preview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by GhostxBearx, May 2, 2021.

1. GhostxBearx

GhostxBearx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ghostbear1805#0
    Ratings:
    +592 / 137 / -217
    [​IMG]

Hey folks,

Back at it again with some media content just in time for the best time of the season -- PLAYOFFS!

Myself & @BryanAdoresLiz will provide you guys with some round by round content during this 4 week run. Looks like Bryan already posted the East (Go Monsters!)

[​IMG]

Thus, Here comes the west!

(*) = Division Rank

WESTERN CENTRAL

Here Below we have a picture of @JClaus33 speaking with @Astrrro-_7 after Milwaukee advanced last season.

[​IMG]

(4) :team395: [​IMG] vs (1) :team307: [​IMG]

SEASON SERIES MTB 3 - CHI 1

QUICK THOUGHTS:

When is the last time we haven’t seen the Moose in the playoffs? It’s starting to become a lock every season. @MikeyThomas17 is a household name in the AHL at this point. Last season with Palm Springs we saw them take the west division and this season he decided to switch divisions and put up even better numbers with the Moose and a regular season division championship in the Central. The wolves are not a team to overlook. Last season’s miserable meltdown is hanging in the current locker room as motivation for these wolves. They are hungry. Everybody counted them out weeks and they have nothing to lose being here. They are looking for the Sweet Victorious upset over the dangerous Moose. The last time Blades was in the Calder Playoffs, he went on a miracle 8 - 0 run and capped it off with a beautiful Calder Cup.

PLAYERS TO WATCH FOR:

In Milwaukee, they are firing on all cylinders. Every player on this team finished with a positive record and a positive plus minus. No holes in this team, top to bottom on paper this might be the only team that can take down the almighty Belleville, if they make it that far. @Cartzy-_- on his DP finished the season with 74 points leading the team. @jKennedy--18 led the boys in goals this season by potting 37. @lRonnyDobbsl and @Slapnutz_2 with 21 win seasons! Impressive! Can’t forgot about solid goal tending in @WutangCreamx0 . 32-8-5 with a .823 SV Percentage and a 2.06 GAA and 2 SOs to accompany it. This teams a complete team and look for these guys and @TheJDHD to lead this team into a deep playoff run.

For Chicago, they have my former GM @skyre5 who has been around LG for years and finished off s16 with a spectacular 73 points and 19 win season. @Blades led this team with 77 points and 45 goals. Can’t forget about @Astrrro-_7 (don’t worry we won’t talk about last season) who finished with 75 points and a 40 goal season. On defense, bringing in @DUPERMAN13 looks like it was a solid pickup for the wolves. Along with @Chrissnipes828 who has only lost 2 games since getting shipped to the wolves. The wolves have played goalie roulette this season with both of their playoff goalies going into round 1 sub 20 games. Should be interesting to see who emerges as the starter and can’t derail the Moose 1st round plans.

PREDICTION:

Manitoba looks scary on paper and on the ice. This is going to be a dog fight for sure, but I think Manitoba takes this one in 6. Manitoba is phenomenal in 1 goal games boasting a 30-7-8 record, while Chicago’s is 18-11-8. More than half of Manitoba’s games were 1 goal games and I wouldn‘t be surprised if all 6 were 1 goal games here in the playoffs. I’m excited to follow this series closely!

Manitoba wins series 4-2

[​IMG]

(3) :team390: [​IMG] vs (2) :team299: [​IMG]

SEASON SERIES 3-1 GRIFFINS

QUICK THOUGHTS:

The boys in Milwaukee are going to HATE me for this. Especially my boy @o S m i i t t y and @AngZ-x . I, personally, don’t think this series will be close. I think @PAHWLISH @AngZ-x @xZlurpy- win their 2 games in the first 6, but I don’t see Milwaukee with the depth to compete with Grand Rapids. I think the two top line games will be close and the other games will be blow outs. Let’s dive into each teams rosters and players to watch for!

PLAYERS TO WATCH FOR:

Milwaukee lost their management duo and our honestly better off for it. @jmm420 is a phenomenal manager but is not the same player we saw s13 with the admirals. They have one of the best first lines in the league with @PAHWLISH @AngZ-x and @xZlurpy- . Their defense is a soild d core with @BiNgO_649 and @Collintinov and @thekiller9879 . I honestly think the goal tending duo of @iEskimo- and @Cxnrad is better than just @Polar-1387 alone on GRG. If Milwaukee wants to make it out of the first round I wouldn’t be surprised to see Conrxd and iEskimo carry them. Can’t forget about @Woodrxff. If he plays like an NHL player on Milwaukee’s 2nd line. It could give GRG some trouble.

Fun Fact about this GRG team is every single forward put up at least 50 points this season! No send downs for GRG as Detroit is killing it in the NHL. @ChuckMTL- led this team with 89 points and a solid +55. @bigdaddino69 put up 49 goals to lead this team in putting the bread in the basket. Acquiring @MuRder514 after the fall of @ClutchDaddy91 and the Stockton heat was huge. Him with @Jeown is a top 3 d pair in the A for sure. Now the x factor in this series. Arguably the best goalie in the AHL, @Polar-1387. This guy must play with 3 controllers because he does not miss. This is going to be such an exciting series to watch!

PREDICTION:

This series is so tough, because I truly believe in gut that GRG either wins in 5 or 6, but if it goes to game 7 then Milwaukee can win this series. Also, the goaltending is SO GOOD! Conrad in the playoffs last season was unreal @BryanAdoresLiz can attest to that. I have to go with my gut here, and say GRG in 6, but I could be very wrong!

Grand rapids wins series 4 - 2

[​IMG]

(4) :team515:[​IMG] vs (1) :team618: [​IMG]

SEASON SERIES TIED 2-2

QUICK THOUGHTS:

I think all of LG can agree with me on this one, it’s a no brainer, right? Not so fast. Bakersfield split the season series 2-2 with Tuscon. Let’s take a deeper dive into this fierce round 1 matchup in the weakest division in LG. [​IMG]

PLAYERS TO WATCH FOR:

Tucson is definitely the winner if this game were to be battled on paper. Tucson has the better overall roster. @dusty-l9l @Celltrace and @Teddy_NY24 have been playing together for 4 seasons now? This line is always a guaranteed 15+ win line and they perform at the AHL level. I think the silver lining in a Tuscon cup run would be their defense carrying them to a cup, which is 100% possible. Their defense is the bread and butter of this team. @Jaguarknight_ @Kingduckbuttah @cpenn4204 @NateJones-_- just to name a few. I’m curious to see how @FuccinKnights does in the playoffs after 100+ points and only 3 penalties all season! (Nice Job!)

For the Condors, Their defense is the weakest part of their team. They have a competitive 1st line and and an average 2nd and 3rd. @xMarucci-- is really the only true top player on this Bakerfield team. @Red_sox92 is a stud and no surprise he is averaging over 3 ppg in the AHL. In a full season (he got called up week 4) I’m sure he would have finished with just under 90 points. I’m not a fan of the goaltending situation in this series. I think I have to give the nod to Tuscon.

PREDICTION:

Sorry Condors, I think this is an easy sweep.

Tuscon wins series 4-0

[​IMG]

(3) :team517: [​IMG] vs (2) [​IMG]:team516:

SEASON SERIES ONTARIO 3 - 1

QUICK THOUGHTS:

I know the community is going to get toxic on me real quick, but these are my thoughts and opinions and if you don’t like them then too bad so sad. I think these are the 2 worst teams in the playoffs overall. This is by far the worst series and Texas should make the playoffs over these two teams (plus Bakersfield) Anyways, lets dive in!

PLAYERS TO WATCH FOR:

Ontario, @Lxrkin-71

No seriously, he can win the entire series CRAIGZY is that good. He was sent down from LAK just before the playoffs and he’s a top RW. I am not a fan of the @ZOMBOY191 @xLoyalty96 @RaVen_Phantom_ line. I don’t think they have the defense to compete. I think @xKoivu and @StroobieDoobie are top notch. I am not the biggest fan of @Domc0893 (cuz he’s from NY (go flyers)) Actually Dom is just a tad bit too offensive for me. I think the goal tending is sub par in @Pavsy73 and @AhL_Allstar-3 (sorry James I love you!) I think Larkin could steal this series for Ontario

Oh @SliestGibbon659 where do we even begin? You wanted to be a manager, right? Ha! Looking at this roster @Bxrgeron and @VKDGalchy27 stand out to me @LuhhhKey led the team in points but ultimately finished negative on the season (just like @xSilentTrauma ) I think @xWavyDavy and @BIGxZIZ are okay. @yobkcuf is a top player but I’m not sure if the interest level is there post @ClutchDaddy91 being banned. @MafioZx67 is going to have to carry this team on his back to make it to the next round.

PREDICTION:

Two teams both looking to punch their ticket to round 2 and lose to Tuscon ultimately! Honestly, I hope this series is back and forth and it goes to 7 games. I’ll be writing a review for next round too, I have no idea which team will be in it!

Ontario wins series 4-2

[​IMG]

Let's take a live look at @MattAdoresDanna after not making the playoffs

[​IMG]

Also, SO to all the managers who didn't make it cuz they got banned or didn't make playoffs Sorry @TheBobbyOrr4

[​IMG]

SEE YA'LL NEXT WEEK!

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    GhostBearTTV
  2. JAAMx93x

JAAMx93x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jmorrow474 Aka AhL_Allstar-3#8394
    Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -16
    SUB PAAAAAAR

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ahl_allstar_3
  3. clampse

clampse top ricer

Ratings:
    +121 / 12 / -39
    awesome write up, besides the "In Milwaukee, they are firing on all cylinders." haha. LETS GO MEESE

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. OUTLAW 3 x

OUTLAW 3 x who?

Discord:
    craigツ#6969
    Ratings:
    +79 / 1 / -5
    what if i told you they havent told me what my line is in the 3 weeks ive been here!

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    lxrkin71
  5. GhostxBearx

Discord:
    ghostbear1805#0
    Ratings:
    +592 / 137 / -217

This is what I get for typing at 1am after drinking all day!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    GhostBearTTV
  6. Wxldo62

Wxldo62 Cup Check

Ratings:
    +787 / 22 / -68
    Althewall > garbage can Dan

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. MattAdoresDanna

MattAdoresDanna Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -5
    When I saw summer season doesn’t start until like June 20th, I was so excited. I’ll take the 7 week break baybay.

MattAdoresDanna
  8. GhostxBearx

Discord:
    ghostbear1805#0
    Ratings:
    +592 / 137 / -217
    Bump

GhostBearTTV
  9. xHintz 96

xHintz 96 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cleanz4962#0
    Ratings:
    +50 / 31 / -54
    What if I told you I'm 2nd in points and first in goals in the playoffs and beat the road runners in game 7 made someone quit two times in this 7 game series but you don't like me love ya ghost lol and Dom and stroobie are playing outta there minds along with the rest of the team were heating up

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  10. Polar-1387

Polar-1387 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 2 / -13
    Good write up ghost just seeing it now.

No Streaming Account