Western Play-off Toughts

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Ballistik ICE, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Celly902

Celly902 #72 RD

Ratings:
    +167 / 7 / -10
    Western

Colorado vs Vegas

COL

Colorado President Trophy winners have forwards that know how to trap. they dobt have any top 25 scorers but if you allow them to get a lead they will show you how to close a game out. with an incredible 29 games won by a single goal lead.

The back end of this team is actually a smart/save group of guys. dont expect too many break aways and you could see a lot of save clearing plays. they will look for open passes but you wont see many forces. asside from DurkRiot who tends to look for that goal scoring breakout.

Two great goalies that can break down the cycle infront of them and make the big saves look easy

VGK

I played with this forward group in club during preseason. i seen a lot of names from "Versus" through out my years of being top 100 ("No Big Deal" as biznasty would say) and at that time before i played i was thinking theres no way this team will succeed at LG. but these guys were having so much fun in club games they were bound to have a play off season. If these guys are given the chance to take a series lead they might just take off buzzing and come out with the upset.

The Defensive side of things they are around Par. dont expect many big plays and look for them to just be positionally sound they are facing a tough group.

The Goalies ive honestly not heard much of before. I believe goalie bro is from smaller games 2s and 3s in EASHL. and that could be the case for both. either way its both their play off debuts and they are facing a cycling team so we will see how they can read whats in front of them.

COL in 4

Nashville vs Chicago

NSH

These guys dont stop playing Club. The chemistry is high and the skill isnt too far behind. they find ways to enter the zone and then catch the defenders faling out of position. the opposing team fwds are gonna have to help in the slot.

Last years rookie of the year just decided he wanted to step it up a notch in his sophmore year.. i thought he wasmy departner this year and i couldnt have been more excited.. but i guess my management couldnt keep him around. He went to nashville to play with his boys.. to fucking win with his boys. you pair him with T nicholls or remiasz and you have maybe one of the best defensive pairing in the league the way they use each other. they picked up a whole new third line of skilled players that seem to be fitting right in in Nashville

Both these goalies steal games. They are both patient as can be and confident in knowing where they need to be to make the next save.

Chi

Veteran team with high scoring talent and a backwards skating sejje.this team is gonna score goals and they all have been to the playoffs before. This might just be the series to watch.

The Defense follows right behind the forwards with the veterency. if theres defence that will be patient enough to stop nashville and keep the puck out from infront its these guys.

This is where i see the biggest difference in match ups. Roaringviper who is a proven top tendy is right up there maybe even above Nashville goaltending. but you look at the numbers the back up and you do wanna worry a bit. if "I AnD 0n1y" can find his groove expect a battle all the way to game 7.

NSH in 6

Anaheim vs Minnesota

ANA

Arguably the top fwd line in the league with their creativity. followed by a stong second line that can
    beat a lot of teams first lines. the third line is interesting.. its basically 3 guys that know how to win games but the execution just isnt consistant. its the type of guys you cant under estimate or you will get burned.

Not the strongest back 6 ive ever seen but they are all guys who again will win games if taken lightly they keep their turn overs to a bare minimal and are gonna let their fwds do their thing. not to say the dont have a couple shut down guys but the consistancy is the factor.

Two solid tendys that split games. expect them to use who ever is hot.. which sometimes may hurt you becase the defenders need to work with the goalie in the shots they like to see and having that slotted starting goalie through out the season allows you to build that chem with him instead of seeing a different goalie every second night.

MIN

At first glance you look at this forward group and expect big numbers. but these are guys that might not take summer season to serious expect them to step it up if they can get clean break outs out of their zone.

Looking at the defense on this team i can picture the break outs to not be the cleanest, fastest or smoothest thing during the game. a side from 2 maybe 3 defenders on this team i have seen struggle with it in club games and LG. and TypicalPlayer while being one of the stronger dmen on the team also likes to take the puck up ice often which may reduce his fwds goal output. he is a threat for the opposing team either way.

These guys have some big names in net who im sure they are hoping to see be big time performers in
    play offs. as they might just need it.

ANA in 5

Edmonton vs San Jose

EDM

Edmonton fwds control the game.. it seems they have the puck in your end the entire time. and break you down till you start chasing or taking penalties. and dont think they arent shooting the puck, as they lead the league in shot differential.

The Defensive pairing seem to be one agreesive guy paired with a more stay at home guy. ive found this to be the most successful strategy to impliment. the stay at home guy will slow down the opposing them while the aggressive dman is there to change the pace and turn it up going the other way quick. opposing team needs to beable to read the defensive dman while reacting to the agressiveness of his partner.

Playing goalie for this team must be boring as hell. but you need to find a way to stay engaged. playoffs they my see a little more balance in TOA and get more action. thekiller15000 needs to prove he belongs in the nhl and can get his numbers up to where they were in the AHL.

SJ

These guys are right below EDM in puck possesion stats and have actually created a few more power play attempts due to the pressure they put on opposing teams. this is gonna be a battle.

Great work by management putting this defensive squad together. 6 smart guys that know where to be and how to move the puck. they seperate players from the puck and clog the lanes. also every player has lit the lamp multiply times.

The numbers arent there for both these goalies but hardly is the action there either. Lets hope they are looking forward to the action of this series and arent caught sleeping.

EDM in 6

• Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Tolvanen l11l

Tolvanen l11l 78 Overall Fringe Starter

Ratings:
    +206 / 13 / -32
    Great write up. But playing Goalie for Edmonton is NOT boring as hell.

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account