Please Vote! Western Quarter Finals Breakdown & Prediction

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Gunnerskale__, Jan 3, 2023.

?

Who is taking this Conference? (Iowa szn!)

1. Manitoba (dudethisisez will carry again)

40.0%
  2. Calgary Danglers (I could see it happen unless Bobby gets in gonzos head)

20.0%
  3. Coachella Fireturds (If Brevon doesnt see more than 20+ shots a game)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Springfield Thunderturds (no.)

40.0%
  1. Gunnerskale__

Gunnerskale__ The Gunnerskale

Ratings:
    +522 / 16 / -213
    I am late on this, i had some personal shit to do so this had to be delayed

These are my breakdowns and predictions

(3) :team307: Manitoba Moose (46-22-4) vs (5) :team1099: Coachella Valley Firebirds (44-21-7)

Top forwards on each team:
    :team307: Top Forward: @CorrosiveJake (18-5-1 / 75pts / 44g / 31a)
    :team1099: Top Forward: @Straughan_ (18-4-2 / 83pts / 35g / 48a)

Top Defencemen on each team:
    :team307: Top Defenceman: @Mxnahan (18-4-1 / 26pts / 3g / 23a)
    :team1099: Top Defenceman: @Cokenetsxv (20-2-2 / 33pts / 1g / 32a)

Top Goalies on each team:
    :team307: Top Goalie: @MDConMan (26-7-2 / 0.823sv% / 2.58gaa / 3SO)
    :team1099: Top Goalie: @Brevon-- (22-12-5 / 0.836sv% / 2.51gaa / 7SO)

Thoughts:
    While they have played 2 games already and Manitoba is up 2-0, Straughans line has yet to play in this series. I think that throughout the season, everyone knew that Manitoba would be a very big contender when you look at the heavy hitters in their lineup and not to mention their depth on all lines. Coachella also has a great amount of depth, but i do not think they have enough to knock the moose out. Defence is an issue that none of these teams have a massive advantage on, but in terms of goaltending Manitoba has an advantage that is not even fair. @MDConMan has been solid all season for the Moose at $750k for a G who is sharing the spotlight with @dudethisishard who sits at 4-0 in this playoff run so far. Dude has won a calder before in which he won the playoff MVP award (that is a fact he won it). I would say that yeah Carbeen and Brevon are a good tandem to have, but i think only Carbeen has the playoff experience to sort of match up with dude in a way. Brevon has his first good season in the A, as he has been struggling in previous seasons as G. I would say this season is a first step for Brevon to get his name known, but i really cant see him outplaying dude or MD. In terms of Management and the better management group, @Smxrsh- takes the cake as he has more management experience in higher levels of LG than @MDicus96 who has been in the C since S15. (No offence its facts). Tonight, i am sure we will see the @Straughan_ line play the 2 games, but if Manitoba can win 1 game against that line tonight, it will be packed up in 5. I can see it maybe going to 7 and Coachella winning it, but at this point it is just so unlikely down the stretch.

Prediction: :team307: in 5 or 6

(2) :team516: Calgary Wranglers (48-21-3) vs (8) :team617: Springfield Thunderbirds (43-26-3) (west is stacked)

Top Forwards on each team:
    :team516: Top Forward: @three_eleven07 (20-3-0 / 66pts / 43g / 23a)
    :team617: Top Forward: @Scarpetti- (19-5-0 / 81pts / 41g / 40a)

Top Defencemen on each team:
    :team516: Top Defenceman: @Ryuu-Asura (20-3-0 / 24pts / 1g / 23a)
    :team617: Top Defenceman: @Scharnyy (19-5-0 / 31pts / 2g / 29a)

Top Goalies on each team:
    :team516: Top Goalie: @thrice01 (21-11-3 / 0.864sv% / 2.03gaa / 5SO)
    :team617: Top Goalie: @jacksdawgs (23-14-1 / 0.807sv% / 2.62gaa / 2SO)

Thoughts:
    To be honest, i am not sure who i think will win, but i voted for Springfield in 7 because i just did not know who would win this. Given that the Wranglers are up 2-0 but won both games by a score of 2-1, we can see that the games are pretty equal. I would say in terms of offence, Calgary has better depth hands down as statistically and also because i played them round 1 and got destroyed. It is possible that Springfield could win a few games and force it to 7 but they have to beat 2 really tough Wrangler lines. Defence is a bit balanced but i still give it to the Wranglers, although the Thunderbirds have great defencemen too. My only issue is the Goaltending, and Calgary honestly has a tandem that will be really tough to beat for future opponents if they win this (they probably will). Gonzo is a very smart owner and knows how to line match very well plus he has the firepower on all positions to probably go to the finals and he could even win the Calder if the Wranglers play that good. if i had to pick a team to go to the finals in the west, it is Calgary right now. But they still have to play the team in front of them even if its 2-0 they cannot afford to choke and show weakness. I am hoping that Calgary and Manitoba will face in the semis because that will be the matchup of the entire playoffs (imo). I am excited to see if Calgary can finish off the Thunderbirds, or if Springfield wants to upset the Wranglers as they did to the wild.

Prediction: :team516: in 5 or maybe 6

Okay, thats it. Sorry for the Dixthewoat timing but i had shit to do. If you agree, cool. if you dont, cool.

Also, i am thinking of applying for staff and wanna know if people think i could do it or just stay as this because the AHL needs someone.

If you think my media is shit, please contact Bobby or Dix because they seem to be in hibernation.
    DISCLAIMER: All of this is opinionated by a 17 year old kid who is in his final year of highschool so if you take this to heart (you shouldn't) then by all means don't read it.

I can confirm that next season i will be doing media all the time because nobody else wants to fuckin do it. Lastly, if anyone wants to chirp me or my media i would highly recommend that they do some media or something along the lines of that instead of being a toxic cancer 24/7, i am trying to give hat i can given the little time i have and also the lack of media that this season has seen.

So goodnight, if i fucked up your stats, sorry. (Its whatever just play)

Gunner

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  2. xCarbeen

xCarbeen S11 Mem Cup Champion

Discord:
    xcarbeen#0
    Ratings:
    +1,309 / 99 / -206
    Late media is better than no media, hope everything is well outside of LG Gunner!

• Winner Winner x 1
    carbeentv
  3. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    The griff line playing twice would have broken the "every needs 1 by game 4" rule.

• Like Like x 1
    Primetimme1