Westie's awful media post about S25

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by HBB Westie, Sep 10, 2020.

1. ImNotWestie

ImNotWestie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -2
    Well guys.. LGBA is back for Season 25, i don't think anyone is surprised, but I think we're more surprised that they're giving a shortened season another shot after the awful shambles which was the World Cup.

Unfortunately we had some sad resignations of some top talent, such as Rick and OG. (did anyone care about this one? like seriously, he dodged a GBR line and ruined dreams' chances of improving on a 1-1 night) We can always look at the upcoming players that have blossomed throughout Seasons 22, 23 and 24. 2K20 was a huge shift in the power of a point guard and center duo, leading to some blowouts that led to the heat's 2 championships and rick sealing out the world cup on a reverse sweep with his trusty sidekick Extreme.

Coming into 2K21, it seems 2K has nerfed the BP build (The slashing and shooting PG), leading to the main PG build seeming to be the short playshot, whether this means that running a taller big to set harder screens is going to be crucial to 3 hunt, or still driving and forcing the opposing center's drop to give up the midrange or lob, we will definitely see a larger spread in the skill set and talent this year. NO MORE 5OUT WITH SHORT PGS WITH HOPSTEPS!!!

However, with the shift of shooting to basically killing anyone trying to shoot 3 pointers with a sub 70 3pt rating, this might end up bringing a gameplan of one lock, and three offensive guards/wings, than 3 lockdowns and a PG+Center duo. Could this open up the off guard and forward positions to be more involved in the offense this time around than just being spotups? Time will only tell, especially as patch 1 is surely going to drop before week 1, potentially shifting how we can play the game as it is right now.

Now, we have a lot of returning talent, but not all of them stuck to their positions, some have taken a gamble at a new position in the hopes to build their skillset, their total value they can bring to a team, and to try something new, whereas others have stuck with their trusted position they've ran for several seasons, and know how to play it at an elite level. Let's get into some of the new changes at positions and what i'm only speculating to happen, as well as some notable players that have either returned or switched to a new position.

Point Guard

Point guards are the heart of the offense, everyone knows that, but especially with how strict 2k has been this year, a lot of people have either given up the hectic life of being a ball handler, but others have even jumped into the deep end, banking on their own abilities to bring something even better this time around.

It's not easy, and it's not as exciting as it seems when you're playing a top lock while being told by your team that you suck, but it's something every point guard has been through, and I'm expecting these guards to fill up the stats sheet, assists might be a bit lower if corner shooters are struggling to hit this year, but points are still going to be in the high 20s and even 30s for the most dominant of scoring guards, some pride themselves as "pass first", but you can't be a point guard without scoring either. Let's see more Pick and Roll offense this year, stretches are going to be difficult to work with if they're not hitting, maybe this leads to the new guards to struggle, or maybe it leads to people finding new offensive schemes, I can only expect it to be an exciting battle at the top.

Top Point Guards that have signed up as of 10/09/2020 in no particular order

@xVenom OF
    @Flems506
    @Dats xx
    @Hxndoutz
    @I Murked I (did i even have to put this man on the list?)

Some of the newer additions to the point guard list are looking very promising, and i'm looking forward to seeing some these guys go upwards of 6mil, maybe even more if their game is seeming unstoppable.

Shooting Guard/Short Lock

Shooting guards have been the staple for running your on-ball lock from, especially as you could have them fast enough to guard even the fastest of playmakers, but with the new changes to the build system, this area might become the more valuable area for a lockdown than the Small Forward position, especially since forwards have been significantly worsened from last year, since defense in their builds gives you less badges to work with to be a pest to the opposing PG.

SGs might be more offensive this year, with some teams even potentially running two PGs at the 1 and 2, to make the defense stretched out more, but we're only a week into the game, will there be even more lockdowns spotting up? Time will tell.

Top Shooting Guards/Locks that have signed up as of 10/09/2020 in no particular order

@Raynor
    @BWitt x 14 (EXCUSE ME? FORMER MVP PG MOVED BACK TO SG??)
    @Zero Choice
    @DanMan
    @HBB Rise

With no pure locks around this year due to their inability to space the floor well, I expect to see more offensive SGs, especially as hash shooting might be neccessary for a PNR to work effectively without more defenders helping over onto the PG.

Small Forwards/Tall Lock

Small forwards were dubbed the "lock" position last year, due to how tall you could make locks and their usability even without putting offense into the build at all, but this time around, SG has taken that role, especially with the increased amount of 3pt shooting guards compared to slashing guards. I can vision this position being used more for cuts and being a faster corner spotup than the traditional lock that was used previously, but we have a long way to go, maybe there's a meta we haven't discovered yet.

Do I expect people to run short locks/guards at the SF position? Yes. It's been done before, and sometimes works well, but being shorter than your matchup is never a good thing if they're able to get into the lane, I'm excited for how people utilise this position, especially weeks 1 and 2 where we haven't got much experience with the new lineups.

Top Small Forwards/Locks that have signed up as of 10/09/2020 in no particular order

@Brandbai
    @TreeLyfeJay
    @Hoitsmesorry
    @DuCaS5968

(literally every signup for a primary position of SF..)

Only 4 current signups total for SF?? I guess we're going to either see short PFs working the SF position and being tweeners, or running short locks at the three to allow for more spacing. Anyhow, this is going to be a position many owners will be working hard to utilise well, and the best will make it work for them, rather than panicking over it.

Power Forwards

Power forwards have been considered a waste of a position last year, especially as with the short centers, come the need for faster and faster rotations, We might expect to see mostly spotups out of this position, but with the new overhauls to the inside game, the ability to mismatch easier and abuse it, and create more separation inside the post, there might be some offensive threats coming out of the 4 spot.

I don't expect to see this position light up the stats sheet if they're there to spotup, but the owners and players that are able to get this position figured out will see huge results, especially on defense where rebounding will be vital to make the defensive effort worth it.

Top Power Forwards that have signed up as of 10/09/2020 in no particular order

@O Yea i ISO
    @IxGOTxDAxTHRILL
    @TalTheMarvelous
    @jewbawkka
    @JMizz9

(every signup for PF.. again??)

Another position where signups are short, but i'm expecting good things from all five of these guys, PF is a position that can either really benefit you, or hinder you, and these guys are there to make your life easier, and provide the necessary size and length over regular SGs and SFs, I'm hopeful that they can be the deciding factor on the off ball defense, and allow for some serious spacing out of the corner on offense.

Center

The big man in the middle, the rim protector of the team, and most importantly, the heart of the defense. You cannot win games without a good point guard, but you also cannot win games without a good center. These guys sacrifice their own ball handling ability to be role players out of the 5 spot and are usually there to swat away any weak shots, grab down contested rebounds and be the deciding factor on whether you can put together a fast break opportunity, or do another run of a 14 second defensive set.

Whether we like it or not, this year seems to be another wave of short, lob catching, defensive centers, but time will tell whether they're the move in the halfcourt offense, taller bigs have the advantage inside the paint, but are a lot more of a liability on the perimeter and on the fastbreaks.

Top Centers that have signed up as of 10/09/2020 in no particular order

@TheRealProcess
    @SavagePatchh (NO MORE 5 OUT SAVAGE!!)
    @SpotJr25
    @SuBxForce (Moved from Lock, to PG, to Center? Is this gonna be a "try everything" type of year?)

I'm loving the signups on the center position, and we're still missing some active centers from last year that are still around, maybe we will see more of the top guys come back to fight for another season, but the list is already pretty stacked as it is.

Well.. I'm hoping that S25 is a much bigger success and starts us off with a great lead up until next-gen drops. We're all anxiously awaiting for 2K21's next-gen reveal, and the information regarding it, but this will for sure be a filler inbetween the generation jump

Let me know if you feel like my lists are off, i don't care about them, it'd just be funny to see your awful opinions.

Best of luck this season lads! May the best squad win, and can we have an age limit to get venom out of the league this time? He's fucking annoying to guard.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. I Witt I

I Witt I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lwittl#0
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -6
    Lol I put the wrong position

No Streaming Account
  3. justdonni3 2

justdonni3 2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -1
    Next gen I'll be back (terminator voice)

No Streaming Account
  4. Easy Macaroni

Easy Macaroni Alex

Discord:
    easymacaroni#0
    Ratings:
    +616 / 12 / -8
    EasyMacaroni
  5. ll Jig II

ll Jig II Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0