WHAT A FKN WEEK RANKINGS

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by J_Rose_19, May 20, 2016.

1. J_Rose_19

J_Rose_19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 5 / -16
    Ok, for those who have been doing write ups, I thank you. This is my first and will likely be my last.

I will be covering East and West. I have been writing professionally for nearly a decade, but since most of you are barely literate, I will try to keep this brief and easy to understand.

I don't know a lot of guys in this league, so @NH4JP will be helping me out.

For those of you who do not know me, I am a center for the Leafs (thanks @llx-Budz-xll)

Starting in the Eastern Conference:

TIER 1

1. Buffalo Sabres

Surprise! It's not Tampa Bay. Buffalo gets the nod here, so congrats to @Enjoy__The__Show for assembling people who aren't a bunch of thumbless assholes. Buffalo had the best week in the East, with the only loss coming against Columbus. Quality wins against the Habs and Leafs, as well as taking Tampa to pound town in the last game of the week, limiting them to 1 goal on 4 shots, though Tampa spent a lot of time on the PK. @XxJusT4TheShoWxX and @Kush-Demon_QC leading the way in scoring and a solid D corp, led @schroyer69, who also contributes on the offensive end with 7 goals already.

2. Tampa Bay Lightning
    No surprise here. This is probably still the best team in the East, but they hit a couple speed bumps in Week 3. With losses to Buffalo, Florida, Montreal and Toronto @v Sloshy must be shaking his head, despite that being four quality teams. I don't think the offense is in question here, but the defense and/or goaltending might need some attention. Remember, these guys are #xboxelite and @Devin l94l aka The GOAT. Look for them to rebound in week 4 and climb back atop the rankings. Hi @marino swag

3. Florida Panthers
    With only two losses this week, the Panthers enjoyed the 2nd best week in the East. @Mollet_29 is an excellent tendy and can keep his team in most games. @I-CrAzYLiiSh-I looks to be one of the better scoring forwards in the game, but this team gets steady production through most of the lineup. The two losses were to quality teams (Toronto and Carolina). I'm not sure what @KinglySnipz is doing on an NHL roster, but I'm not management, so not for me to decide. I played with him in the AHL last season and he was AHL average.

TIER 2

4. Carolina Hurricanes
    This squad doesn't exactly light up the score board, but they win and they play well together. @FrankyScott and @acefive have been playing together awhile. Tough losses to Detroit and the Islanders had me moving them down a bit more, but the record tells me otherwise. Picking up @I--Chief--I but losing @OhCanada27 will be interesting to see. This team could continue to sit atop a weaker division, but if the D doesn't solidify and/or the scoring doesn't pick up, they may find themselves making some moves. @x-Skinner-_53_- "is a beast."

5. Toronto Maple Leafs
    This team is loaded with offensive talent. @jay6219 is one of the better wingers. The problem the Leafs have is, some of these uber talented forwards aren't big on team defense. This could present a major problem for @llx-Budz-xll and he may have to shake things up if the team D doesn't tighten up. This isn't on the Dmen. The Leafs lead the East in GF and trail only The Fighting BJ's aka Edmonton in the league.

6. Montreal Canadiens
    People have told me, these guys aren't great, and I agree, but they are good. With quality wins against Tampa and Toronto, I thought about moving them as high as 4, but their defense is holding them back worse than Toronto. @MikexMassacre and @Famous_T_Nasty along with @Nick_x_98 make a very nice L1. Owner @theyaIIfloat is sporting a -11 and @Defman902 is already at -20. For shame. The Canandiens have enough offense to stay in the hunt, but will have to add some D if they want to make any postseason noise.

7. Washington Capitals
    @VEXEloQuence and @oxMeanMachine can score for sure. Somehow, some donkey named @Costatheboss- has managed an 0-3 record and -10 on a 17-9-1 team, so maybe he's not the answer to whatever the shit the question was. Owner @Untuchabl is a viable 2nd liner and he's been winning games, but even less than most of the team. He's not the problem. Maybe a few pieces on D here and they can climb to the top of this tier.

8. New Jersey Devils
    Pick #90 @Brettzky88 may be the steal of the draft. He's getting dubs and hanging points. @Coltcrazy has done a nice job with this team so far and on the virtual ice. This is a team with nice, top end talent, but not a whole lot of depth at any one position. They will need to add offensively and defensively if they want to climb, but being in the Metropolitan will help their playoff chances greatly.

9. Pittsburgh Penguins
    This may be the team at the top of this tier by season's end. They have some great forwards in @Tcx7 @Remi_613 and of course, my old buddy, @x Loops 19 x. Loops is a pretty GOATy player. @NeutralityEleven aka Plymmy is a terrific owner and if anyone can get this team climbing the rankings, it's him.

Tier 4

Everyone else. IDK, we'll see how all these trades play out...

On to the Western Conference

Tier 1

1. Dallas Stars
    Going 9-0 in any week is impressive. @Theos_l7l is doing the same shit he did in the AHL last season, no surprise. @l Guimond l58l aka Go_Marc is another elite forward, but this team is strong, top to bottom. It's hard to pick out the weak link, as I don't think there is one to be found. @x ShauN 88 x has put together a phenomenal that will challenge for the cup. I wouldn't say they are cup favorites yet, but they don't have a long way to go to get there. Shout out to @GonzoArmstrong for shoutboxing with me and @DJtml is one of the best in the biz.

2. Edmonton Oilers aka the fighting @BadPlayBJ 's
    "We're bad," - @NH4JP "got lucky." I, for one, am not buying that shit. This team is rock solid and possibly better than Dallas. The scoring depth, led by @NUKE Freeman is unreal. The Oilers lead the league in GF, but the GA isn't super impressive, despite a talented D group. The top contenders for the cup right, is still Tampa leading the way, with the Stars and Oilers gaining quickly.

Tier 2 (would be Tier 3 in East)

The West is top heavy, with a significant drop off from these two the rest of the pack.

3. Winnipeg Jets
    @eZDangles aka eZIsland is an elite dman and @snipefest1122 might even be better. This team's problem is offense. They don't have any. Of all the teams on the list today, this might be the worst forward group. The defense and goaltending has held the opposition to an absolutely fucking freakish 57 goals. This team will hang around the top of the West and they will challenge the best teams with their team defense, but unless they pick up a couple of scorers, I can't imagine them getting to the WCF.

4. Chicago Blackhawks
    This team can score a ton of goals and are respectable defensively. Honestly, past the Blackhawks, there is not another West team with the all around ability. @CCPiper is ALMOST worth what he got bid on in AHL, and for a forward, that is saying something. @Pacioretty__67 is real nice player too, in all zones, which is not all that common in wingers. This is a more complete team than the Jets, no doubt, just need to start racking up dubs. @ScoootZ seems like a solid owner and player.

5. Vancouver Canucks
    @Tis Woy Woy for 12.5m or whatever the fuck, I expected never to lose, but here we are. I'm not putting it on him though. The defense, led by Woy, has been above average, but not outstanding. The same can be said for the offense, as they lack top end scoring and scoring depth. @CUMMINSx7 is a talented winger, but he will need to make some moves to bring in some help up front if the Nucks want to climb this tier.

Tier 3

6. Calgary Flames
    Trading away @sam11stern aka same11stern has to hurt and @Mcloughlin93 was absolutely losing his shit. However, they got a great goalie in return in @KQ31 and she should help. Hopefully our Irish friend realized this is a virtual league and got his shit together and will continue to play. @Mesmerize-_- is a legend I guess, I had heard of him before switching to PS4, but he hasn't been performing up to the hype iwbh. @Gostisbehere53 is talented, but if there is still a bit of RunWithMe in him, he could be a bit of a headache. This will be an interesting team to watch after all the moves.

Tier 4

7. Nashville Predators
    Not a bad team, but definitely underwhelming. They have a bit of depth, but lack top end talent outside of @KingKonz- and @Leccese23 and I guess, @l Blitzkrieg l but he's not doing anything outstanding (yet).

8. Anaheim Ducks
    Another underwhelming team that is pretty much middle of the pack in everything. @Carmstrong95 and @Xx96_BiDoU_96xX are nice forwards, but outside of them, I'm unimpressed.

Tier 5

Everyone else except Arizona

Tier 300448382382030920909430

Arizona - I have never seen anything like this.

I hope you enjoyed this. I don't know many people yet, but looking forward to getting to know more of you. If I offended, IDGAF because it's a video game and you shouldn't be offended. Go cry your virtual tears elsewhere.

Thanks!
    JRose

• Like x 16
    • Informative x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Schwartz-74

Schwartz-74 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lil Uzi Vert#9513
    Ratings:
    +167 / 6 / -17
    i win

• Winner Winner x 1
    lil_ubi_vert
  3. J_Rose_19

Ratings:
    +133 / 5 / -16
    Forgot to mention the AJ Kings.

This team would slide into the bottom of Tier 2 of the West, but with @RageQuittin resurrecting what was really a poor team from the start, they have a chance at contending. It will be a matter of, if he can make the moves he wants to make. @xAyohh is unreal, as are a few other players on this squad.

No Streaming Account
  4. NeWFie-KaNaTa

NeWFie-KaNaTa Xwhat???

Ratings:
    +91 / 19 / -22
    #xboxelite haha loved it, do more!

NeWFie_KaNaTa
  5. Untuchabl

Untuchabl I tried to be nice.....now I'll do what I do best

Ratings:
    +568 / 31 / -91
    Nice job J. Nice to see lots of different people chipping in.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. sam11stern

sam11stern Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +277 / 102 / -71
    Good write up, but not enough about how great I am.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    10/10 write up, lil salty I didn't get a shoutout from my new shout box buddy tho

Pastahnak
  8. Oso-Sic

Oso-Sic RIP to Recki

Discord:
    Oso-Sic#4266
    Ratings:
    +601 / 6 / -39
    I have no idea why anyone would put Dallas ahead of us right now, but whatevs. Inside job from @NH4JP I assume.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    HoustonOso
  9. Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +582 / 45 / -95
    Apparently Nashville lacks top end talent outside of konz..

• Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  10. J_Rose_19

Ratings:
    +133 / 5 / -16
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103

LMAO

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  12. J_Rose_19

Ratings:
    +133 / 5 / -16
    That was all me. This was weekly rankings more than overall. I said you guys are probably the better team, Dallas had undefeated week.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Flapjack8796

Flapjack8796 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Flappy#0924
    Ratings:
    +669 / 8 / -20
    At least we moved up from being below Arizona like in all of the preseason power rankings

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    Flapjack8796
  14. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 7 / -16
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    eZDangles
  15. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Winnipeg acting like everyone out to get them lol. The preseason rankings went off of names on paper, sorry your team had hidden talent that nobody knew of. Now gg, get over it.

zChieef
  16. x Viper 94

x Viper 94 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 245 / -212
    I thought you loved me Rose

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    ohturbide
  17. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Short and sweet

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    Winnipeg has almost 20 1 goal games and has come out on top in alot of them. Sorry to say but unless they learn to score they're going to fall in the standings.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. xShauN88

xShauN88 Stafflete

Ratings:
    +184 / 8 / -14
    Weekly thread, not overall. And that gap is closing my friend.

See ya soon.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Swiftsg
  20. NUKE_Freeman

NUKE_Freeman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -7
    I did it boys. From secondary scoring to offensive leader. What a time to be alive.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account