What To Watch For (Week 2)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by l Ristolainen l, Feb 12, 2017.

1. I Risto I

I Risto I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    risto55#0
    Ratings:
    +866 / 79 / -110
    Welcome to the 1st edition of What To Watch For!
    Each week 3 teams and 2 players will be highlighted
    The Content of this is both opinion and stat based
    :team301: Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins: Wilkes Barre Comeback
    The Wilkes Barre starting the season off 3-6 led by
    @Mees Top Cheese and @Hilly didn't have the start they were looking for. 8 of the 9 games this week were 1 goal games with the advantage to the opponents, Scranton going 3-5 in 1 goal games. With this team having plenty of talent on their roster expect a strong week 2 for them, a few players to look for are @SpruceMoose91 and @l Scopes x l20l. Scopes started off the season with a 1-4 record and 75.7% Save Percentage. Compared to last season scopes finished off the regular season with 28-9-2 record as well as winning a Calder Cup Scopes will be looking to get the wheels turning in week 2. SpruceMoose finished S25 with a 13-11-1 record with 55 points on a not so hot Bridgeport. Moose has had his fair share of good season going into week 2 expect Moose to have a strong comeback week.

pens week 2.PNG

:team516: Stockton Heat: Talent on the Rise
    Much like Wilkes Barre there is no lack of talent for the Stockton Heat roster. This team is led by arguably one of the best AHL managers
    @Nightmare xX as well as the well known @CSilveri and @Dieu Charlo. On paper this team is very strong and most people expected a strong start in week 1. The Heat finished 2-6-1 with 37 GA and 22 GF as many know Nightmare has his patent pending "trape" he made 16 trades from Thursday to Now sending a strong message to his players not to get complacent. Players to watch for in week 2 would for sure be the french duo of @Dieu Charlo and @St Jean x91. Both players started off the season 0-2-1 with a combined 8 points in 3 games. In S25 they both played in the NHL Charlo playing on the Florida Panthers finishing with 54 points in 26 games, and St Jean playing for New Jersey finishing with 48 points in 27 games. This duo will likely play together in their 3 games this week expect them to make a strong stand improving greatly in week 2.

heat week 2.PNG

:team350:
    Hershey Bears: Fluke or Trend?
    The Hershey Bears had a strong week finishing 5-3-1 exceeding some expectations with
    @l1l Gabella l9l getting 18 points G:12, A:6 and his line mate @I Eden l cashing in 12 points with G:1, A:11. Gabella getting 51 points last season with San Antonio is currently on pace to easily pass but can he keep this pace up going into week 2 and future weeks? The duo played the red hot Bridgeport defeating them with a convincing 7 to 0 some could argue this is a one time gig for this line, but going into week 2 look for them to prove some wrong. Management of the @Brassard x 16 and @Mike Shea 19 both finish the week 1-1-1 playing together for 2 of those games. Look for these two to possibly turn it on in week 2. The other side of the story is the possible fall of the Hershey Bears some having the opinion that week 1 is a 1 time thing.

bears week 2.PNG

2 Players to Watch For
    :team395: @Antonucci x 15: Another Strong Week
    Antonucci started off the season 3-0 in week 1 with 12 points and a +17. With 2 convincing wins verse San Jose (11 to 0) and a 7 to 1 win over Rockford expect Antonucci to have another solid week 2 and many more weeks to come. With this strong Chicago Wolves squad i could see Antonucci beating his current points record in 1 season of 35 in the AHL. Going into week 2 depending on availability he could be going up against some strong teams in the Hershey Bears who as previously mentioned had a strong week.

anton week 1.PNG

Bold Prediction: In his 3 games this week 2 of which will be wins of 4+ goals.

:team303:
    @SpringFord x 56: Decline in Week 2?
    Going into week 2 expect SpringFord to face off against some strong teams depending on availability. The Senators face off against expected strong teams Stockton, San Diego, and Bridgeport. SpringFord likely will face off against at least one of these teams this week I could see a possible decline in his points production going into week 2.

spring week 1.PNG

Bold Prediction: Finishes week 1-2 with 4 points

Thanks for reading more write-ups and shows to come from myself and the rest of the media team.

• Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. im just a squid

im just a squid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 25 / -27
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. CSilveri

CSilveri 6 classes+40hr work weeks..avails bouncy be warned

Discord:
    CSilveri#1576
    Ratings:
    +703 / 41 / -61
    Im well known since when:eek::eek:. Appreciate the time taken buddy!!

CSilveri
  4. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Gros Tabarnack

Gros Tabarnack LG Media Owner

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 408 / -519
    Risto is on fire yo