Who's Hot, Who's Not

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Shad9w, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Shad9w

Shad9w Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Who's Hot, Who's Not
    (Shad9w's Thoughts)
    What Teams Are Hot? Pretenders or Contenders?

Phoenix :hphx:- These guys continue to show up consistency week in and week out. After an early week loss to St. Louis, the Coyotes finished the week with 2 strong wins against the Sens and Bruins.

Pretender or Contender? 7-1 this week says there is no doubt this team is a contender in the West and for the Cup.

Detroit :hdet: - The Wings made some moves last week that helped them keep pace in the West. After a 1 goal loss to Chicago, Detroit bounced back at the end of the week defeating Nashville, LA, and Boston by heavy margins.

Pretender or Contender? With the recent addition of Dubinsky to their roster, it is obvious that the Wings are looking to win it all. 7-1 week wasn't good enough to take 1st place in the West, but there is no doubt this team is a contender in the West and for the Cup.

Chicago :hchi: - The Hawks had a huge win against Detroit 5-4 in week 6 that set the tone for the rest of the week. Only a few points separate them from the top 2 teams in the West. Look for Chicago to stay hot in week 7.

Pretender or Contender? Ryo, XBOBZZ, and company present problems for teams every game. If you don't keep an eye on these guys, they will sting you every time. There is little doubt that in a playoff series, this is one team nobody wants to face. They are a contender in the West and for the Cup.

What Teams are Cold? Pretender or Contender?

LA :hla: - These guys really need some help. Going 1-7 this week just isn't going to get it done. There have been a couple close games here and there, but its time to start making a push because Nashville is on their heels.

Pretender or Contender? This team is not playing like a playoff contender right now. If they don't right the ship soon, they will be fishing come playoff time. Right now the Kings should take notes from the NHL counterpart because right now they are just a pretender.

Boston :hbos: - A brutal schedule made things really difficult for this team. Going 2-6 this week was rough, but luckily they are in the East. Too much talent over there not to succeed. Look for Boston to bounce back in week 7 and be much improved.

Pretender or Contender? Even after having a tough week, these guys are still contenders in the East. Boston is a solid team and will no doubt bounce back and show the rest of the league that this week was a fluke. They are a contender for the Cup, but any of the top 3 teams in the West would be favored in a series.

Ottawa :hott: - These guys had a rough time facing the 4 best teams in the West plus some of the better teams in the East. Still a solid team with as good of a chance as any to come out of the East. Look for Ottawa to bounce back in week 7.

Pretender or Contender? In the East, things aren't too bad. Ottawa is a contender in the East, but for the Cup they are just pretenders right now.

No Streaming Account
  2. Vaporize 17

Vaporize 17 Clamps Island

Discord:
    T1 Clamps#5322
    Ratings:
    +830 / 21 / -48
    nice post dagan!!!

Vaporize_17
  3. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    Greta post.. your a pretender in my book

Serpe_x_13x
  4. Meeble

Meeble Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good write up. I'm sure this is true for most teams but our biggest issue falls down to availability usually. Can't always get lines that you want.

For me, I'd say good on STL & Pitt for being much stronger teams to play against lately after some mgmt/personnel issues etc etc.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    No Streaming Account
  5. Shad9w

Shad9w Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    No doubt Meeble, availability is the greatest challenge for all teams. It's hard to put together solid lines unless everyone is willing to chip in and sometimes be unselfish.

No Streaming Account
  6. Shad9w

Shad9w Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    No doubt, Ill always be a pretender Serpe ;)

No Streaming Account
  7. Browness-

Browness- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Browness-#6166
    Ratings:
    +147 / 17 / -20
    Philly loses only one game last week and get no mention. Ouch Dagan

browness90
  8. Vaporize 17

Vaporize 17 Clamps Island

Discord:
    T1 Clamps#5322
    Ratings:
    +830 / 21 / -48
    lets not get sensitive here tiger

Vaporize_17
  9. dispiggy8donuts

dispiggy8donuts oink oink bitches

Discord:
    dispiggy8donuts#9244
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    yea wtf shadow..lol u didnt even mention all of the teams! you suck for a writer... :) and OWNER CANT WAIT TO beat you this week 2 times! u mad bro? lol do another write up and put all teams in it

No Streaming Account
  10. Shad9w

Shad9w Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    It is a Who's Hot and Who's not post,Not a Power Rankings. Broke handles the Power Ranking thread, so this is obviously a different type of post. Top 3 Hot Teams, Top 3 Cold.

Browness no doubt your team has been playing great, just didn't make my cut this week.

Piggy,don't make me throw a decent line at you this week. I'd hate to see what would happen if one of our top lines played you guys ;).

No Streaming Account
  11. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great write-up and I'm psyched that the only mention the blues get is beating a solid team. Not too hot, not too cold. If goldielocks was looking for a nice lukewarm cock to suck. The blues would be those cocks.

No Streaming Account
  12. VintageMC

VintageMC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If it's 'who's hot who's not", the team that went 9-1 should be mentioned. lol.

No Streaming Account
  13. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Just a note....@ the time of this thread and before week 7 started Philly was 9-1 for the last 10 games played which = hottest team. Details like that are why I'm always against any type of ranking or "team weighing" articles and prefer just creative writing about teams and their happenings.

But I always do appreciate the efforts that are put in by those who do them.

14. Shad9w

Shad9w Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    As I mentioned before, these are my personal thoughts. I was not writing this article based on the last 10 games, I was focusing on the past weeks 8 games. Detroit, Phoenix, Chicago, and Philly had a great week. I personally felt that the big three in the West were better. If I offended any teams by not giving them the "pat on the back" that they want, I apologize and will be sure to give out as many free hugs as I can. ;) Thanks!

No Streaming Account
  15. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Awesome work, i wish i would have got my Power rankings done...i Organized the the nest of wires in the Man-Cave, built a enclosure on the Deck for my Kid, and shot myself in the hand with a pressure washer.

here are my quick thoughts.

the Race in the East is crazy. The Bruins,Pens,Caps,Sens,Flyers are separated by 5 points, Flyers are not in a playoff spot but they can be 1st in the East in a couple days.

The New wings are much more stable than the original model. Presidents trophy is going to be hard to take from them.

I would be shocked if there is more than 1 West Playoff spot that isn't already spoken for. Kings-Preds-Blues all have a shot at that spot.

My pick for Underdog Biting Back this week is the Blues: They are going to be tough to keep in the basement.

No Streaming Account
  16. Shad9w

Shad9w Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Good stuff Broke. Covered all the teams. Hope everyone is happy now lol

No Streaming Account
  17. Cromags21

Cromags21 LGBA Commissioner

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    Nice Write up

No Streaming Account
  18. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    Nice article, fresh spin and well thought out. The race to the playoffs should be a good one, good luck to all teams.

No Streaming Account
  19. Nealerr

Nealerr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x Neal x 18 x#7178
    Ratings:
    +432 / 20 / -14
    Ottawas struggles are on me. I was shutdown at D for the first 3 times last week. I didnt even register a point, which has only happened last week. Once I start playing better, I believe our team will be better. Go Sens!

NealiteGaming
  20. Boglord

Boglord AHL Bound!

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    This isnt a singles league Neal, and there are more than just the 3 games a week that you played in, its a team effort to win or lose... though I admire your willingness to take the blame for your teams performance.

I hate to say this but spot on with LA. We are in a huge funk. Even when we score 6 goals we get beat like last night. It's beena rough week or two for us.

No Streaming Account