winds

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour - PS4' started by ACES-R-WILD-, Sep 29, 2014.

1. ACES-R-WILD-

ACES-R-WILD- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    you keep hearing how everyone should play on same winds, even on the the pga tour the players dont play with same winds you can go out in the morning and they could be calm and the guys who tee off in the afternoon could be windy its the luck of the draw same as here, you never know when you log on what the winds are going to be, low winds doesnt mean you gonna shoot low if your putting badly that day, the same guys are in the top 15 almost every week because they are good players regardless of the winds

No Streaming Account
  2. HustlinOwl

HustlinOwl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    granted, but players shouldnt be allowed to back out and restart round at a later time for favorable conditions. Game should register round right then and settings/wind is set

No Streaming Account
  3. rickypro333

rickypro333 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I agree that the good players will be at the top either way but I have to agree with those that think we should all be playing with the same wind or at least close. Even if there was a range of 5 mph that we all played in it would be better that the system now. Most days there is not a range from 4 to 15.

No Streaming Account
  4. rickypro333

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I agree with this! It should lock the wind in even if you come back later. You should at least have to play one round. Kind of like the lottery!

No Streaming Account
  5. ACES-R-WILD-

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    lol i agree if you start your round with a 7 wind then sure it should be a 7 but it goes up during your round and sometimes it goes down, ive started out with a 5 and by the time i got to the fourth round it was a 9 to 10 oh well, but your right 15 mph winds in this game are tough!!! get off come back later lol

No Streaming Account
  6. nevadaballin

nevadaballin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    You can load the course separately outside the tour to check the wind conditions so locking the start wind really won't do much. The conditions will be the same in and outside of the tour.

Unlike real world events, we don't have actual tee times where we are stuck with what we get. This is just one of the lines between the real world and the video game world that hasn't been resolved yet It may never be resolved.

I can only say that people should try to get conditions that they are comfortable playing in. Why would anyone play in 15 mph winds if they don't have to? As it stands right now, if you don't have a pressing real life schedule where your free time is limited, you really don't have to play in high winds. Play smarter, not harder :)

No Streaming Account
  7. ACES-R-WILD-

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Exactly you see a 15 wind come back another time and play

No Streaming Account
  8. rickypro333

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My post above quoted the wrong post. I was actually agreeing with HustlinOwl. I didn't think about checking in a regular round first. Guess my idea won't work.

No Streaming Account
  9. nevadaballin

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Please note after I posted I started the first round in 8 mph winds. It's gone down to 6 by the 18th hole... i shot a -1. I suck on my own courses lol.

No Streaming Account
  10. blueorfe

blueorfe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    lol.
    Yeah, but you probably feel that you should do well as it is your course, but you still have to be on your game no matter what.

Regarding the wind, as long as it isn't ridiculous, i.e. over 12 mph, I don't mind going ahead and playing the tournament as long as the fairways on that course are pretty generous.
    If you are playing well that day you can shoot pretty good scores in any wind really. Conversely if your game isn't quite there and the wind is minimal, you can really struggle on any course, just missing fairways all the time and always burning edges and lipping out.

No Streaming Account
  11. nevadaballin

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

I was trying to do a review for a pocketscout course the other day. Loaded up the course and it was 25mph. I said screw it, this could be fun. Quit after the first hole to revisist later. There was nothing fun about 25mph wind lol.

No Streaming Account
  12. Disturbed932

Disturbed932 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Personally, I like high winds most of the time as it forces me to shot shape and play with loft. It makes me more focused on the shot.

For instance:

There is a front pin three paces on with bunker in front. I have 10mph crosswind but slightly hurting from the right. The actual yardage is 181 yards with 15 feet uphill elevation. So it plays about 186. I know the greens are on the firm side. I have to decide if I want to ride the wind with a 3 iron slightly lofted up, OR take 4 iron loft down with a fade to counter the crosswind for a more controlled shot.

Sometimes when I have 1-3mph winds I have to remind myself I don't have to shape a shot. I just have to hit it.

No Streaming Account
  13. nevadaballin

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

I'm also a shot shaper. Using the lofting grid is a lot more accurate than counting grid boxes on the greens or number of clicks and also for landing shots on the green to control the rollout.

Now if i can get my 12/6 swing with the analog stick more consistent I'll be ok... lol.

No Streaming Account
  14. blueorfe

blueorfe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'm a shot shaper too, but not always. It is mostly about feel with me, sometimes I will be shaping most shots, other times I'll just ride the wind. I don't use yardage sheets, you just get used to how much loft/de-loft, slice/fade you need, some days you feel it correctly, other days not so much.

As for the 12/6 swing, I here ya Nevada, I generally have a slight draw on most of my shots, so often play for it, I hardly ever hit a dead straight shot. Yesterday was probably my best ball striking day so far, so I scored well in pretty decent winds, today I could struggle, who knows?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account