Withdrawal

Discussion in 'LG2KPark' started by Ragin Wahoo, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I'm going to have to withdraw from the nba league (orlando magic). To make a long story short, I won't have access to the game until the very end of January. This was very unforeseeable and I apologize, because I know you're having trouble finding guys to stick with their teams. Sorry for the inconvenience, and believe me when I say I wish I could keep playing, but its not really possible.....oh well that sucks. Sorry guys and good luck to you all.

No Streaming Account
  2. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    THE MAGIC PLAGUE CONTINUES.... and on a side note, I am not sure if this will affect your ability to stay with the tennis league or not but I would definietely talk to an admin.

No Streaming Account
  3. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah hopefully it doesn't since you never had the game, but I guess we will see. Who will the plague end with??? Hey it is being simmed like in real life lol, horrible team with bad luck :D

No Streaming Account
  4. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    why would this have anything to do with the tennis league? i am a committed, great competitor in that league....and im ranked #2 right now. it would make no sense for that to be affected...

No Streaming Account
  5. MixMasterMike

MixMasterMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well when you quit any leaguethat you're in, the rule is to have to quit every other league as well. I'm curious to see the ruling, because no offense to you at all, but if you're allowed to stay in other leagues after this, then I'm trading in ESPN for Inside Drive...

No Streaming Account
  6. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2249

We take our league commitments very seriously here, which is why this statement is put into every league announcement thread (and you see what can happen if people quit or don't play their games, it spreads like a virus... "why can he quit and I can't", etc etc). Letting even one member quit a league that he's made a commitment too, will set off a chain reaction and create discontent from the other members. Rules are rules.

Did you signup as an alternate without owning the game or something? A friends copy, a rental, buy it then sell it? What's the deal, we need further explaination. If that's the case, it truely disrespects what we're trying to do here, to just signup for a league (even a floundering one) and then back out when you don't want to play anymore or because you sold the game. We can not allow members to do this, otherwise leagues would crumble. You see how well the hockey league is doing, it's because everyone is committed and plays their games (usually the #1 problem with online sports leagues).

Very disappointing, especially coming from one of our better Top Spin players. :(

I suggest you make it a priority to get "access" to the game again ASAP.

No Streaming Account
  7. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This has EVERYTHING to do with the tennis league because if you drop or quit from any league here you are instantly banned from all leagues and all future leagues. If you weren't a 100% you would be able to play then why did you sign up. Quitting is probably one of the worst offenses you can commit at this site. At LeagueGaming we are trying to create fun leagues with insane competition and dedicated gamers. I hope this clears things up for you.

No Streaming Account
  8. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First, let me say I'm not trying to disrespect anyone here. I respect what the administrators have done with this league, which I have voiced to them many times myself (tennis leage).....You know, I always tell people not to take life so serious....well in this instance, as funny as it sounds, I feel like saying "don't take video games so serious." You guys are acting like a murdered someone. I didn't know this was such a tragic situation. It would be ridiculous to kick me out of the tennis league, considering I personally brought about 10 of the top players to the league myself. But they are your rules. I need to know NOW whether the only way to stay in the tennis league is buy buying the nba game AGAIN. Because I am not getting kicked out of the tennis league. So, Original MP, tell me if you're going to have "mercy," or if I have to buy the nba game again....

No Streaming Account
  9. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We take our games seriously, and our leagues. If we didn't, they'd be as bad as most of the other ones you find out there that are run by a bunch of 15yr olds (no offense teens). No, this isn't life or death, but we don't get paid to run this stuff and keep it in order, it's all organized in our free time, and we put countless hours in working behind the scenes to make sure all of our leagues run smoothly and to make them them the best possible. It's not up to MP if he's going to have "mercy" on you, he's just trying to enforce the rules that we've established here for all of our leagues, including this one. It's all about the golden rule man, you wouldn't want to be involved in a Top Spin league where people could come and go as they wished, never showed up for contests but still were allowed to signup for the next one, etc etc... and if that's the case, you should see the point here in the NBA league, the same applies.

If you were allowed to quit, but remain in the Top Spin league, we'd have a mutiny on our hands, it's that simple. These leagues have been around alot longer than you've been here, and many of our more senior members had to fight through long seasons in our other leagues, against their will because they were either losing badly, hated the game, etc etc...

No Streaming Account
  10. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i respect your reply xbox jon...mostly because it didnt have an angry tone to it and because you spoke rationally....i just made a post announcing my commitment here...peace

No Streaming Account
  11. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cool, thanks for seeing the big picture man, we don't want to lose you.

Thread closed.

No Streaming Account
  12. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is not a matter of MERCY as you put it, if people felt that they could just signup and quit individual leagues as they felt like then there would be no way of putting together the solid leagues that tend to run themselves and create the enjoyable environment for everyone.

As everyone knows I have recently purchased the game and I have some problems with simple jump shots, lay-ups, and even dunks but I know that is more of just learning the game cause very rarely do the experianced players have near as hard of a time making similar shots with players rated similar.

We are not really sure why you had the game signed up for a league and then got rid of the game before you ever really got started. If you are not someone who can have fun in a game for a league just because you have problems with the game and can not succeed the majority of the time than I really dont see how it can really be to enjoyable. I joined the hockey league in season 3 and got owned almost every game and strugled through the season, did I quit no, why I enjoyed knowing that there were a lot of people who outplayed me and that I can then learn from them. This season has still been rough but I have improved over time and can now at least provide a good battle with some of the better players. Same thing in the NFL I can't always win but provide great compitition to make for an enjoyable league and now I hope to be able to do the same in the NBA over time.

After time of finding the dedicated gamers that have the same kind of attitudes it will create a great league experiance much like the NHL currently has going.

So in a sense the rule is created to keep members together and commited to what they have agreed to. Main example was already shown in this thread that if one is allowed to quit without being removed from other leagues then another would want the same and have a domino effect just leaving the dedicated members of the league in an abondoned league for those who are not really serious. Just hang in through the season and don't sign backup for the next season if you still do not find the game fun or the league fun.

edit: I was writing what turned in to my very long post as Jon had replied and closed the topic, just PM me if there are any comments about what I said.

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.