World Juniors Semi-Finals (PSN) - ESP v. ROM

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming World Jr Championship (LGWJC PSN)' started by Chanation17, Sep 30, 2020.

?

Who advances to the Gold Medal Game?

1. #1 Spain

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. #7 Romania

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. xEgoNationx

xEgoNationx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    useless.space#0
    Ratings:
    +527 / 30 / -53
    32 teams started out, 4 remain! It has been a grind and an absolute blast, for me personally, in this years WJ compared to the last. An absolute hands down fantastic job by the bogs and the way they put this together. My recommendation, use this same format going forward. Created multiple games over 2 months and created chances for some of these guys who normally dont get looks, they end up getting some looks. With that said. Lets take a dive into each team and each series for the upcoming matchups.

#1 Seeded Spain

Regular season: 29-3-4 (62 points)
    Playoff Record: 8-2
    Round 1: beat #16 USA 4-1
    Round 2: beat #14 Belarus 4-1

Top Performers (offensively):

AssisDragon: 3-1 / 14 PTS / +/-: -1
    DragonSlayer: 4-0 / 12 PTS / +/-: 2
    Nicholas08chick: 4-0 / 11 PTS / +/-: 2

Top Performers (Defensively):

JuniorsMasacre: 3-1 / 5 PTS / +/-: 1
    mcanadians: 3-1 / 4 PTS / +/-: 1

Between the pipes:

I_HaveHighPing: 4-1 / .868 SA% / 2.75 GAA
    x1BallModzyx: 4-1 / .841 SA% / 4.34 GAA

Summary:

Through playoffs, Spain has led the charge with the best powerplay percentage at 37.5%, top 5 in penalty kill, top 5 in time on attack difference and top 5 in the faceoff circle. Its no mistake that there is a reason why Spain finished atop of the standings at the end of the season and the confidence is flowing with their consistent play throughout the season and has carried over into playoffs. They cannot, however, take Romania lightly. See below for Romania's numbers.

#7 Seeded Romania

Regular Season: 23-12-1 (47 PTS)
    Playoff Record: 8-0
    Round 1: Swept Czech Republic 4-0
    Round 2: Upset and swept #5 China 4-0

Top Performers (Offensively):

Stag_Arms-USA: 3-0 / 6 PTS / +/-: 3
    TK_Konecny_11: 2-0 / 5 PTS / +/-: 4
    Bigdale95: 2-0 / 7 PTS / +/-: 4

Top Performers (Defensively):

Captain--Luu: 4-0 / 4 PTS / +/-: 8
    wyleestyle: 3-0 / 4 PTS / +/-: 0

Between the pipes:

penguin_leaf: 4-0 / .918 SA% / 1.25 GAA
    DrShotBlock: 3-0 / .875 SA% / 2.98 GAA

Summary

Dont take these guys lightly, Romania boasted a line that went undefeated during the pool play segment and has carried that over to playoffs. They are top 5 in power play %, their penalty kill has successfully killed every penalty they have faced, 50% success rate in the circle and they have also countered on the PK by scoring 2 short handed goals in playoffs so far. They may be a #7 seed but I dont anticipate them rolling over and letting Spain walk over them. Should be a great series! Best of luck to both teams.

• Winner Winner x 2
    xEgoNationx