You make the call

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GrandmasterB, Apr 22, 2005.

1. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well i decided to ask the wife what she thought.. and she said that if there's food on the table and all the needs are met... Then she wouldnt have had a problem.. I think the problems comes with how much communication you put in to let her know what had happened and your plan to see it on ebay to get that ipod...

im definitely just assuming on this... but did she find out about the 400 dollars when she saw the ipod.?

Usually if i have overtime or something to that nature i let her know about it before it gets there and what i have plans for ... no plans usually turns that money into a purse or something else she wants... lol...

So far in the 6yrs, almost 7 in july, that ive been married there are no quick truths to rely on... The are women and they HAVE MOOD SWINGS..lol But to the most part let them know everything usually lets them know that you were concerned how they felt.. which seems to always be the most important thing..

No Streaming Account
  2. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    I sold the item on eBay about 2 weeks ago. I just ordered the iPod on Wednesday, and told her that night about the order and where the $ came from.

No Streaming Account
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Re: You make the cal

Ok my official comment,

I'm not married, so I'm going to take how financed are done from my friends and my own parents.

The way I see it, is you split up your bills evenly, IE mortgage, car, taxes,food,house costs ect. Now whatever is left over you can invest together how you see fit. Now everything that's left over that you make should be yours. Example of my parents, My dad would make 3x what my mother made, He would kick in more then enough for the "family" bills but also had money for his things like golf ect since he made a lot more.

I dunno, maybe i'm off, i just don't think it's 50-50 anymore lol

But i'm with you GMB, i would have bought myself something since i went the extra mile to earn it.

4. Conner McCloud

Conner McCloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You should ask her if she found $400 on the ground if she would go out and buy "the family" a nice surround sound system...or blow it on clothes.

I know the answer is different in many households, but I will say that if you both make equal pay...then it's all yours. If your wife is a homemaker (there's nothing wrong with that by the way) then you should share it.

In my household I would like to say that its all mine...but last year I won my office NCAA pool and recieved an award that had a nice check attached to it. It went into the bank and I never saw it again. :(

No Streaming Account
  5. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My wife's a homemaker, and basically has zero say on our expenses. I bring home the bacon, pay the bills, figure the budget... my wife has absolutely no clue on how much money our "nut" is each month.

If you have that kind of a situation, then the $400 should be your's. If you're wife is less dependent on you for all things, then you had better start sucking up.

Alot of it has to do with your relationship with your wife, and trust. I set limits on my wife's spending (I tell her to ask me first about anything over $500) but she doesn't do the same for me (since she trust's my judgement and knows that I won't buy something that we can't afford).

Case in point. I just quit my broker here in Tampa a few weeks ago, won't start with the new one until May, probably won't see any commissions until mid-June.

So what do I do? I picked up the latest Dell Axim X50v PDA, a 2GB SD card, and a bluetooth GPS receiver with Pocket PC mapping software earlier this week. She didn't say a peep. She knows I'd never spend money we don't have, and it was all kinda justified (I needed a new PDA, and moving to a new city, the GPS will come in nice... all work expenses of course, tax deductible. :wink: ).

No Streaming Account
  6. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So Jon, when does the little lady get her Stepford certificate? :D

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dude, I'm telling ya, sometimes I wonder if she's not a robot. She even mowed the lawn for me yesterday while I played with my new Pocket PC. 8) My brother insists that I just must be well hung, as his wife isn't quite as willing to go out of the way to please her man. :wink:

Seriously though, it's not a subservient type of thing though. It's really about trust, how the woman was raised (ie. was her Mom a homemaker for her entire life as well, or did she work outside of the home and was more independent, or perhaps from a broken family where she didn't have a Dad that was in the home early on to establish the head of household mentality) and what kind of relationship you established when you first start dating (we established our breadwinner/caretaker type roles very early on, and I never let her pay for anything, ever).

No Streaming Account
  8. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a bit of sour grapes to me. Surprise her and take her out for a nice dinner and all will be forgiven. And, if you play your cards right, you may get some :shock:

No Streaming Account
  9. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was just messing with you Jon. Yours in a truly blessed existence from what I can tell.

:shock: Dude, too much info. (And I doubt it)

lol, j/k man.

No Streaming Account
  10. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's the bottom line right there! :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  11. Pyrogerbil

Pyrogerbil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Easy for you to say. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  12. El Magnifico

El Magnifico Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LMAO - that's a disclaimer you can't miss!!!!

No Streaming Account
  13. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jon, will you marry me?:wink:

No Streaming Account
  14. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, a man servant isn't in the budget right now. :laugh: