Your fondest memories at LG! (so far)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jujimum, Sep 29, 2006.

1. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been wanting to make this post for a while now. With LGv3 coming and LG having it's 200,000th post, I thought, what better time?

What I'm looking for are things like a truly classic league game you had, a favorite forum discussion, favorite person to play against, etc. Basically if it was memorable and happened as a result of being a member of LeagueGaming, let's see it! If there are several things, post 'em all 8)

No Streaming Account
  2. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some that I can think of:

1. NCAA '05 game against lilheavy. It was raining and the final score IN OVERTIME was 3-0. It was really intense.

2. The C-Biskits forum (Links Team). Absolutely the best time I've ever had in gaming. Made so many good gaming friends in there and if you ever posted in there, you had better make sure you watched your words because there was always someone there to make a comment.

3. Team Links. Just an overall great league and had so many great moments. Two vs. Two was an absolute blast and I can't believe how much sportsmanship was displayed in that league. Logging on an hour after your teammates started their game just to see the outcome was awesome. I'd be curious to see how many active LGers became members as a result of the Team Links League.

4. Learning graphics. When I came to the site I didn't even know what an animated .gif was. Through playing around, I was able to make my first animated avatar for our links team. That's what started my addiction with avatars and graphics :-& (I still suck, but have come a long way)

5. Two Team Links games come to mind. One where I chipped in a 17-footer to win the match for our team (goalie was my teammate and was amazed) and the other was when Shush and I had XboxJon and ? on the ropes in the final week of Season 1 (I think). It was either a playoff hole or the 18th and Shush and I were right next to the hole. XboxJon was practically in the water and roughly 20 feet away and 12 feet below the hole. He chipped it up and in to win the match :evil: It was a great shot, but a real heartbreaker.

No Streaming Account
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    boy thats a tough one
    I can't pick a single event, but i can think of a few high-lights

In the NHL league i always enjoyed matches vs Xboxjon. there was just something there between us, it started from the season 1 playoffs
    Also gurps has to be the finest player in any game ive ever played. He was years ahead of me in his game play, but over a year or so i managed to improve my game . We meet 3 times in the playoffs, he killed me the first time, then 2 years after that i played him in 2 other series, taking him 8-0

Team Links, every match was just an enjoyable match. Really miss those times

4. pearson

pearson LG's biggest Titans fan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well i havent been in any leagues but games agaist pink floyd and swiper and latdog have been fun but meeting the people that make LG what it is today has been great.

No Streaming Account
  5. Pinstripe Moose

Pinstripe Moose Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would definitely have to say team Links. I looked forward to the matches every week and got to meet some great guys in the process.

Another memory that sticks out is the the anticipation for the first baseball league. For days people were goign crazy about which league they'd have to play in (remember AAA league that I think lasted a week) and which team they were going to get.

No Streaming Account
  6. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    30+ innings of baseball in a single game vs. MGM (MVP 2005)

No Streaming Account
  7. Virtual Assassin

Virtual Assassin Champ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cup finals vs. Tris in Season 5.

First ever LG NHL game. 5 ot's vs Derek.

No Streaming Account
  8. t_roy

t_roy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would have to say the one and only thing that has stuck out and the reason I am at this website today is Team Links. There was not a better competition and greater since of teamwork then Links. It was just a blast and what a great game. It just breaks my heart that they did not continue that franchise and make a 360 version. Great people involved and great freiendships were forged with that game and team season.

No Streaming Account
  9. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My favorite memory was organizing and running the NFL league when the site first began. I was a bit young and inexperienced but I had a blast!
    Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Gajeske85
  10. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Probably the best game I've played here at LG was versus Shtz2ez in the Best of the Rest tourney in NHLS7. We went 7OT before finally getting a winner. That was probably the longest game I've ever played in.

My favorite opponents are swiper and Army. It seems like our games always come down to the wire. Not to mention listening to Army's online antics are always a treat.

No Streaming Account
  11. MusicalMercury

MusicalMercury Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well... best memories..... it would have to start with the invite from swiper during the other league we played in the 2k5 title. Swipe told me about this place and I was able to make it over here in time for NHL fantasy S1 (this was the one where we had used 2 different leagues and had to do everything via trade instead of traditional draft)

From there Moving on to S7 (NHL) and adding NCAA and MLB to the list made things that much more interesting.

As far as the gaming.... the all important first win in the dismal S7 was :hcbj: @:hchi: . Mayhem (BTW where is this guy... ) was a classic that was typical of games I would play against him. When we moved on into S8, things started off very quickly (You should remember the start MGM) when I came away with a 2-3 1OT loss and a 1-0 win over STL. The best "game week" would have to have been S8 W16 where :hcbj: had wins over :hdet: (2-0) and the upset of the season a 2-1 win over :hsj: . (I love being the spoiler) :D

I have to thank all of the LG members for their support and understanding during the "crap" I had to deal with earlier this year.

No Streaming Account
  12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Links leagues (Single, Team & 0-Skills) are what brought me to LG and also the source of my fondest memories.

Season 2 in the Team Links league with Team Bushwood was an awesome experience... the guys were great (both from my team and our opponents) and the competition was fierce while hardly ever getting out of hand. Playing in the deciding match with Army to clinch our Season 2 championship was particularly memorable.

A close 2nd moment was beating CanEHdian in the final of what turned out to be the last 0-skills tournament. I never thought I had a chance against him but I was able to get off to a good start going 3 up after the first three holes, then held on for a 1 up win by tying him on the last two holes.

No Streaming Account
  13. Bob Marley

Bob Marley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Winning in OT in the last game of S4 against CrazyCougar to make it into the playoffs.

Taking Gurps66 to a close 7th game in RD 1 when everyone expected me to be swept 4-0.

No Streaming Account
  14. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm LG's first ever champion. I'm also LG's first ever back to back champion. I loved beating Tris10 in nhl mainly because he gets super pissed off just like I do when I get beat. I remember joining the nhl league and not even knowing what offsides or 2 line pass was. Was all good though because I was the king of the swoop goal.

No Streaming Account
  15. sseagle

sseagle 48 Seasons...

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Too many good games just in S8.... 5 OT games 3 OT games... all decided by poor passes by goaltenders...

No Streaming Account
  16. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    lol

So far in the prospect league we are playing with having the goalie freeze time 100%

Hopefully the ref will blow the whisle before you decide to even make the goalie pass ;)

17. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Team Links for certain will always be one of my fondest memories. I remember that match Juji. I think it was XBJ and Pinstripe Moose if I'm not mistaken. Also, the night we were announcing teams for Season 1 of MLB. I think we set the record for most people in the forum at one time.

And who could ever forget socal? The stories that kid came up with were fantastic! Any NFL 2k game with Army is at the top. And just watching Primo self destruct in the forums.

Great stuff! Keep it coming!!!

No Streaming Account
  18. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, like many others so far, Team Links is far and away the most fun I've ever had. Many of the friendships I have today stem from my fellow teammates like King, Nino, TMG, Kev, and many, many others from the other teams like Shush, MGM, juji, jman, and more. Links was and is the only game I've ever felt like I could compete with almost anyone in. For that reason, you didn't hear too many antics from me.

I remember me and Scrotey taking on the D Cups big guns, CanEHdian and burntcanuck. They were a tap in away from winning the hole and I had a 50 chip shot from the rough. I made the chip and forced a push on the hole. We would win the match 8-6. It was awesome.

There are a ton of great guys at this site, extremely cool to talk to and patient. Of course, anyone that listens to me carry on in games and is WILLING to play me again, HAS to be a great guy.

With Tiger Woods coming out, I would love nothing more than to get a Golf League started back up. The most fun, competition, and sportsmanship ever in a league.

No Streaming Account
  19. pop0331

pop0331 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the sole reason I keep coming back here is to read canuckss next post :wink:

No Streaming Account
  20. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I came to LG for Links. I saw a post in the Xbox.com Forums from Shush and he was kind enough to bring me aboard with the C-BisKits. Great times and great freindships started there (Juji, Troy, Army, XBJ, CanEHdian, Jman and others)

I would have to say one of the best times I had was when one morning I was playing Madden with XboxJon and he told me I had to check out this guy he just played and how good he was. I said "Sure". From that time on WindlessMoney and I have had nothing but good times playing our games. He would be kicking my A$$ in football and I wouldn't even care beacause I was laughing so much chatting with him. Same thing goes with Swiper, Army, GMB, Drake and Nosice, Musical Mercury and SSEagle.

And finally I have to agree with Shush....SoCal provided many a laugh around here. And also the ribbing Pops takes about his love for "Mary Jane" always cracks me up.

No Streaming Account