Exercise/workout thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by o La Vie o, Jun 23, 2010.

1. o La Vie o

o La Vie o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you have routine or a fav exercise etc... here is the place to discuss it.

Right now i'm combinging p90x exercises with some high intense heavy weights with some running and cardiovascular excercises.

I always questioned Yoga, I thought it was for sissy's, I thought it was easy.

I was wrong about it being easy, I tried it and sweat the mosto during that workout.

The protein I take is made by a Canadian company called Strive and is called Pro ISL... it's a protein Isolate, it costs a bit more than the Whey Optimum brand or the Whey EAS brand and more than the Protein Concentrates but it is pheeeeeeeeeeeeeenomenal.

No Streaming Account
  2. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I do a lot of random stuff. One day I do a ton of different workouts with weights and the next I ride 10 miles on the exercise bike. Some days I ride 5 miles and do weights along with some restrictive band workouts. I do want to look in to yoga but I don't know if my fat ass could make any of those poses lol.

I want the Kinect to come out along with that workout game. I think that would be awwwwesome!

As for the whole protein thing, I looked in to it and wasn't all that convinced. I tend to believe the conspiracy theories that say those things are useless.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
    No Streaming Account
  3. Gerbox 360

Gerbox 360 Gerbox is so 2009

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pushups, Jumping Jacks, Shadow Boxing, Bagwork

30-60 minutes a day.

Lost about 60 lbs since January.

No Streaming Account
  4. o La Vie o

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gerbox I've been dieng to get my own heavybag, I can't wait until I can get one again.

Farva what part don't you believe? That protein isn't needed for muscle growth? or that the protein powders are uesless?

There are alot of protein powders that have some nasty shiit in it, some more than others.

No Streaming Account
  5. Gerbox 360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah protein is vital, but I just eat red meat

No Streaming Account
  6. ES0T3RICx

ES0T3RICx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There are stairs in my house which i sometimes go up and down. Other than that I just pound vag.....get off me.

No Streaming Account
  7. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, protein is vital to building muscle mass and healing your muscles after lifting but you get protein in normal food that you eat everyday.

I do think protein powders are useless but that is my personal opinion. They are filled with things that you can get from a normal healthy diet and some contain things that can actually harm you. If I really wanted something to increase muscle mass, I'd take steroids. Yes, steroids can be bad but they also add undeniable muscle mass that lifting without them just cant get.

I think it's like the people that take pills to make their **** bigger. Doesn't really do all that much but it gives them confidence. I think protein powders provide a mental boost more than an actual muscle building boost. So if that helps people, more power to them.

I also want a heavy bag baaaaaad. Get my Rocky on.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
    No Streaming Account
  8. o La Vie o

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tend to agree with you on the protein, especially for the people relying on it for 3 and 4 scoops a day. You can get the required amounts eating properly easily.

I have spent months researching and selecting my protein, it doesn't have any added articificial flavoring. And I use it on days I know i'm not gonna get to eat very well/busy days at work. And its' only half a scoop if that happens.

And when I move, i'm def getting a heavy bag. They are the funnest fuucking things to go balls out on with headphones on.

No Streaming Account
  9. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You guys count calories or carbs?

No Streaming Account
  10. Gerbox 360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Calories only. I needs cards to live.

Also my heavy bag is my best friend in the entire world.

No Streaming Account
  11. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have around 1200 Calories/day and 40-65 Carbs/meal. I don't know if thats good or not though lol. I wouldn't say its terrible but I wouldn't say its great.

No Streaming Account
  12. o La Vie o

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1200 Calories a day? in total or is that with extra carbs added on and meals?

For instance, for a male 6'3 200 pounds like myself.

I need to consume 1900 Calories to live, breathe, walk... every normal day stuff.

Now add to that a strenuous workout routine + one of my jobs is also medium level activity (alot of walking)

I need to consume 2900 Calories to maintain my 200 pound frame.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

You guys might be cutting calories to lose weight. I hate those types of crash diets where women eat lettuce and carrots as their diets. You need fuel to burn fat. I know you guys aren't on those types of diets but if you are throwing around numbers like 1200 calories a day thats lol.

I used to count just about everything.

Carbs
    Calories
    Sodium level
    Protein

Got sick of counting, now I just make sure i'm not eating high sodium foods. I make sure i'm not eating artificial sugary crap, I make sure I eat high protein foods as much as i can and I eat as much carbs as I damn well please.... and Calories.

I basically just make sure what I eat is a high quality food... complex carbs, high protein, high fiber, high potasium... 0 sodium, trans fats, saturated fats.

No Streaming Account
  13. Gerbox 360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dude is eating 1200 calories because he wants to aggresively lose weight and I find that cool. I do the same thing, with one day a week of eating like absolute garbage. I only eat once a day. Whether I'm being a fat ass or losing weight. Yeah you need 2900 calories to maintain but nigga is trying to lose. Roughly and I say ROUGHLY 3500 calories burned is a pound, so keeping the caloric intake low is an easy way to that goal. Obviously at some point he'll increase that caloric load but at that time he'll be smaller and will be able to eat approx 2300 cals whilst still maintaining.

No Streaming Account
  14. Gerbox 360

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I personally strive for 1500.

No Streaming Account
  15. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Im really just trying to keep it lower than 1600 but as close to 12-1400 as I can. I'm not even starving myself. Eating 3 meals a day. Today was a higher calorie day and I hit 1400 on the nose. This is what it consisted of.

Breakfast
    1 Piece of wheat toast
    1 Serving of honey nut cheerios
    1 serving of milk
    TOTAL=320 Calories and 48 Carbs

Lunch
    2 Pieces wheat toast
    1 Serving Beef Stew
    1 Serving of Milk
    TOTAL=540 Calories and 62 Carbs

Dinner
    2 Cheese smokey links(bad for you but delicious lol)
    1/2 Cup Oatmeal
    1 piece of wheat toast
    1 serving brown sugar(flavor for Oatmeal)
    1 serving milk
    TOTAL=540 Calories and 67 Carbs

These meals are still extremely filling. Normally I would get a couple servings of vegetables or some fruit in but today, left over beef stew caught me for lunch. For dinner, I couldn't even finish all the oatmeal. I haven't had that happen in forever lol. Normally I'd nom nom nom that shiit right up and be ready for a snack. It's amazing how a decent enough diet and exercise can make you feel.

And yes I write everything down that I eat. It helps motivate me but I won't be doing it forever. Just till I'm comfortable with the new food life :shock:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    No Streaming Account
  16. o La Vie o

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Christ, i'd burn 1200 calories in my workouts.

http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatesforeverybody/a/Cory-Holly_2.htm

"The objective of exercise is to get fit, not lose "weight." Body composition is modified best through nutrition, meaning careful manipulation of macronutrients (fats, carbs and protein). You learn to supply your biological demand in relation to energy requirements, physical activity and individual body type. This is the prime directive of nutrition. "

Do not starve your biological needs boys.

The diets you are partaking on are designed and heavily marketed for obese people trying to lose weight drastically to save their lives, or towards housewives that don't have time to pick up a dumbell.

You are men, you expend energy, energy in energy out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
    No Streaming Account
  17. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Congrats on your workouts friend. I'm happy for you.

This is working extremely well for me. Couldn't tell you how much weight I've lost but I know its a good deal for the first month. Whatever I'm doing seems to be working so I will gladly stick with my "weightwatcher meetings with your grandmother".

I want to know what psychiatrist Jody says about your obsession with showing you are a man. Or maybe it says I'm a *****, who knows. . .

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    No Streaming Account
  18. o La Vie o

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I said you were men, I didn't say I was lol

So you lose the weight, then what?

You are 220 pounds and out of shape instead of being 250?

I thought you were wanting to get in shape, with all the excercises you were doing.

No Streaming Account
  19. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As I have said before. I am not chubby. I am obese. I'm not doing this to lose a little chub and show a six pack. I am doing this to lose a big ass keg and show some chub. Feel me dog?

No Streaming Account
  20. o La Vie o

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That makes sense, this could help you out but, I'd seriously watch the strenious workouts though, I know someone that had a stroke doing crazy workouts starving themselves. I don't want to see you get hurt.

No Streaming Account