NFL 2k5 :D

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by The Original MP, Apr 6, 2004.

1. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  2. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we=League Gaming Members and Admins

That would be so sweet if it could happen. Question however, if that happened, what would we do:

A.) Use their service
    B.) Use LG stuff
    C.) Use a screen scraper as we did for Links?

No Streaming Account
  3. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OMG i cant WAIT!

No Streaming Account
  4. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Finally playing online with roster updates and injuries that carry through league games. Very nice. If they tighten up certain aspects of the gameplay 2K5 will be very solid against EA's first possible Madden XBOX Live venture this fall. 8)

No Streaming Account
  5. Ted Danson

Ted Danson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gameplay in 2k4 is perfection on which you cannot improve.

:)

No Streaming Account
  6. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very true, you just have to scrap it and start all over to find any progress :p

No Streaming Account
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    season long injuries make me cringe.

The thought of losing a player for an entire season scares me :)

I agree there. I hope they dont make it so anyone can play defense next year.

8. King Kobra

King Kobra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I almost agree with you, as I feel the interceptions in 2K3 were a little crazy and then the running game in 2K4 was a bit too powerful, and somewhat a little too unrealistic with the broken one-on-one tackles. If they can find the right mix this year I think they will hit a homerun or should I say score a TD!

I love the gameplay of ESPN way better than Madden now, and have for the past few years.

No Streaming Account
  9. Darthor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I disagree. The running game is not right yet. In 2K3 it was too difficult nd now it is too easy. I'm sorry but not even you can hold me below 100 yards rushing. If that doesn't throw up a red flag then I don't know what will. :laugh: I do think the defense is pretty well done though but the game is FAR from perfect. A good example would be the tendency of the OT's to be dumber than shit or RB's like, oh say... Eddie George rarely get caught from behind.

No Streaming Account
  10. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    or lets say run over the entire colts defense with the should charge move.... :D

No Streaming Account
  11. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They would need to tone down the injuries if they were season long but i think it would be very cool. You could have injury reports before games. And if you had a player who was questionable you could choose to rest him or risk further injury. Be some strategy involved.

No Streaming Account
  12. Darthor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ...and that is exactly what I'm talking about. :D

No Streaming Account
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I do like the idea of Ricky Williams and Eddie George getting torn ACL's in week 1
    Those are the only two RB's I have any problem with beside Marshal Faulk on occasion. I think rather than changing the running game so much they could just tone down the gay running backs like those two.

P.S. nice avatar where did you get it!??!?!

14. Darthor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That could also tone down the gay punt blocks, FG blocks and onside kicks but where would that leave some people? Probably hanging out with Ricky Williams and Eddie George with no LG Super Bowl ring. Get over it. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  15. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh my god... This is the kind of sporting game I've been dreaming about. Think of the Franchise opportunities we could have with this? =)~

No Streaming Account
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What exactly does that mean? Seriously....

On a side note, did you make the playoffs last season?

17. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    darthor has made it every season although he never gets far.... :D

seriously though punt block, fg blocks, and the onside kick 'glitch' are all pretty lame

No Streaming Account
  18. Darthor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've made the playoffs both seasons winning the AFC South the 1st season and made it in as a wild card last season. If I could get away from playing the Colts 3 times a year I might get further. :evil: On a side note I generally don't talk about the playoffs because if you don't win it all they don't mean shit anyway IMO. 8)

No Streaming Account
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You still didnt answer my question about what you meant?

If that was a an attempted dig at me I think Ive blocked one punt in a league game and it was kicked so low I blocked it a yard from the original line of scrimmage. So, Ill never block another kick if you agree to stop using Eddie George. :) I didnt realize I was going to hit a nerve by calling Ricky Williams and Eddie George lame. Sorry to offend your delicate ego.

I hope someday the afc east plays the afc mou.. I mean south.

20. Darthor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here goes: You slammed George as being gay which probably means you think that anyone that uses George is gay. I have a similar opinion of people that expoit the games programming ("THE" onside kick, FG's, extra point blocks) in order to win. Eddie George is defendable and was shut down a few times last season. Those punt block/FG/extra point blocks are crap because they are undefendable, especially the FG's and extra points. You can't move a guy to block that blitzer or adjust your line on special teams. On a side note you can stack the line or one side to stop George or any running back for that matter. Now what is more lame? If you don't abuse the punt block or the FG's/extra point's that's cool. Some people do here and I had heard that you do. My bad. Just like you told Drake how I play when you and I have never played. :wink: Too bad we can't go back to look at last year's stats because you would see my playcalling was balanced until the very end (after the Steelers) when I had to win out to make the playoffs. Maybe you should get with Erbs on how to defend Eddie George. I played my first game yesterday and Eddie had 262 yards on 14 attempts. McNair had 280 yards on 20 attempts. After 14 attempts I stopped with Eddie. Maybe I should just start Holcombe instead. Yeah right. :laugh: Looks to be balanced to me with me leaning towards passing. When I played Ricky Williams in season 1 I held him to less than 50 yards. Now that Ted is in the NFC North the AFC Lea... I mean East looks pretty weak. :wink:

No Streaming Account