* New * NHL 18 Beta General Feed Back

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 25, 2017.

1. NatureX

NatureX Well-Known Member

Discord:
    NatureX#3750
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The game feels great overall.
    Taking a shot feels heavy, the way it should and passing isn't as accurate which I like to be honest a you really have to aim your pass

Offensively the new dekes are a bit easy, I've seen nothing but between the leg passes and the reality is you rarely see that - perhaps make it more difficult to execute

Defensivley, I like the skills stick, however I dislike the placement of the puck sweep

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. DamilkMan596

DamilkMan596 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -2
    Net coming off the moorings absolutely needs to be in it to keep you idiots from running the goalie all game for 75% of the goals scored....

No Streaming Account
  3. adidaht88

adidaht88 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    adidaht#5622
    Ratings:
    +82 / 21 / -34
    The slower speed is a great improvement. It emphasizes smart play and good positioning. The only people who want faster play are bad or just play wing like puckhogs. Same with wanting defensive skill stick gone, the only people who hate it are also bad and want to just be able to hold the puck out to the side and never lose the puck as they skate right into the defender.

• Like Like x 1
    adidaht88
  4. DamilkMan596

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -2
    Just wondering if you could elaborate on what you mean by it's placement?

No Streaming Account
  5. NatureX

NatureX Well-Known Member

Discord:
    NatureX#3750
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of having to click R3 - might just be getting used to it though

No Streaming Account
  6. DamilkMan596

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -2
    Oh yea, I get it. I honestly don't even bother poke checking when I'm in the skill stick, I find most of the people will skate right into the lane you are covering with your stick and then come here to complain that it's OP. I've been playing on my strong side too which allows you to cutoff the inside lane much easier. IMO they just remove the chop animation, the skill stick allows you to sweep so it should work the same on a loose puck as a chop.

No Streaming Account
  7. Gh0sT 1369

Gh0sT 1369 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230 / 190 / -180

Use the right menu and this isn't an issue... If you do it from any other menu asides the main one, it won't stay, that includes in the eashl dressing room ...

No Streaming Account
  8. xKillzone99

xKillzone99 2 Time National Champ

Discord:
    xKIllzone99#8750
    Ratings:
    +100 / 6 / -16
    EASHL 3 on 3 needs to have slightly shorter periods

We should have the ability to club challenge 3 on 3 (with goalie)

EASHL needs new player customizable player builds. (The preset builds got old and boring 2 years ago) there's no excuse for EA to force players to use the same bad build sets for another whole year.

Too much looks like NHL 17 same menus, same customizations to players, club and game (Still no custom camera)

In Diamond Dynasty
    xkillzone99
  9. Gh0sT 1369

Ratings:
    +230 / 190 / -180

Ya but a chop gets height, if not for all the baseball catches, it would be more beneficial than trying to poke it across the ice in certain situations, like clearing the zone with a chop vs a poke.

No Streaming Account
  10. EddieDrag

EddieDrag Check it Out! For Your Health!

Discord:
    EddieDrag (D)#3339
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -2
    New visuals and font are cool, game looks a bit better, but the resolution has made everything smaller and some things are hard to read.

The scoreboard and clock need to disappear better so that when action is happening behind it, you can see. Would like to not have to play with the clock off so I can see what's happening in that top left corner of the rink..especially as a d-man. Would also like to see the NBC logo go elsewhere or disappear when action taking place behind. Maybe they could letterbox the screen and add those to top or bottom like the ESPN ticker.

Load times and menus seem to be a tad bit quicker, but that's probably just due to too many drugs in my system.

EddieDrag
  11. gohawks48

gohawks48 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 7 / -11
    I really enjoy the way the game feels. I think majority of the new dekes feel smooth. However, the through the legs deke not the one that is used to shoot and pass I am referring to the physical deke feels rather clunky and a lot of stick movements to complete and when it is completed I feel like I lose the puck more times then not. Other then that I like the new defensive skill stick but I really dislike how you chop the puck now.

Snipe_n_celly88
  12. Drewzy2540

Drewzy2540 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    drewzy2540#0
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -2
    I just want to be able to wear 00 on my jersey

No Streaming Account
  13. Poit77

Poit77 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    poit77#0443
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not game play related but it would be great if you could be in different clubs at the same time or at least have a list of "favorite" clubs you can bounce back in forth from rather than searching for clubs each time you need to swithc from NHL/AHL/CHL or friends club.

poit77
  14. undertaker ba

undertaker ba Well-Known Member

Discord:
    undertaker ba#9384
    Ratings:
    +137 / 1 / -4
    It has been said but puck pick ups are an issue i noticed. Played drop ins and even 3on3 offline and when 3 skaters skate over the puck in both and not grab it there is an issue.

Also on a side note the new mixer to record game play.....well it would be good to be able to record game clips of stuff happening. NHL 18 Beta doesn't seem to allow for it.

Also not really game issue related, but i always thought it would have been cool to be able to be in 2 clubs. One for EASHL and another just recreational EASHL and doesn't have to count for stats etc. It would be nice and could be used for LG aswell....for those who end up club hopping from main club to LG team Club

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    No Streaming Account
  15. Tolvanen l11l

Tolvanen l11l 78 Overall Fringe Starter

Ratings:
    +206 / 13 / -32
    What??

No Streaming Account
  16. Swiff1505

Swiff1505 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .swiff.#0
    Ratings:
    +51 / 8 / -10
    I disagree with this. You don't need to have a puck on a string or have crazy deking options to get past dmen... use your teammates, create plays. The way the balance of offensive and defenseman is now, is similar to what we see in the NHL, where you can't just hold your stick to one side and dangle around the dmen every time, it actually takes skill to get past them now.

swaarf
  17. xTHFLASHx

xTHFLASHx BOG and Pylon World President

Ratings:
    +133 / 11 / -13
    The gameplay is great. I love the new passing and defensive skill stick! The passing is much easier to control where it goes compared to 17 and it seems a lot smoother, also the defensive skill stick has been amazing the few games I've played. With the addition of it we also get more control of our stick and can avoid penalties on poke checks better. As long as they keep it how it is right now this will be an amazing game!

No Streaming Account
  18. Swiff1505

Swiff1505 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .swiff.#0
    Ratings:
    +51 / 8 / -10
    Nope as long as you have a C, Winger, D and goalie you can play fine

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    swaarf
  19. DamilkMan596

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -2

People here seem to think that it's super easy to just blow by a defenseman 1v1, hell even 1v2 or 3 IRL... the fact is most 1v1 altercations between a forward and defenseman leads to a forward being forced wide to start the cycle, or the forward getting an inch of space to get a shot off. Rarely do even the best players completely corkscrew a defenseman with ease.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  20. Gh0sT 1369

Ratings:
    +230 / 190 / -180
    I'm also still waiting for an opaque metre for the boards, so when you board play in your zone with camera facing up, you can see what's going on, and for the scoreboard in the corner ... Simple option that should've been in game for years.

No Streaming Account