QB Vision Control and Madden First Impressions

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by EQUIFAX, Aug 9, 2005.

1. EQUIFAX

EQUIFAX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great assessment! Windless and played a couple of games last night on a couple of different levels and found All Madden to be the most "gamer-sim-competition worthy" :)

If I am not mistaken, College Football and Madden are designed by two different teams. I still don't understand why something as simple as the juke stick couldn't be implemented for Madden just like in College Football.

My head is spinning from ESPN, College Football, and Madden with the different controls! I think QB vision is extremely realistic and once you get it down, have mercy on your competition!

Any more thoughts on gameplay so far?

Any thoughts on the different levels(All Madden, Pro, etc.) from anyone?

No Streaming Account
  2. King Kobra

King Kobra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I addition to my last assessment above. I also don't see their point that it is the same game as last year. Have those reviewers ever played a Madden game in the past 5 years. Madden rarely changes that much year to year. They have something that works evidentally and they stick with it. They add a few features every year, and Bingo it out sells every other game. If anything the changes they made this year are probably the most significant they have made in years. Thats why they say the casual fans will probably not enjoy it. The passing has stayed the same forever, and this year it changed, the control scheme has changed from years past, the Truck stick was added, however it is only an extension of the hit stick on the defensive side they implemented last year.

If anything this game changed much more than the 2004 to 2005 version in ways of on the field game play. . In 2005 they added mostly pre-snap changes such as defensive playmaker controls. The only game playing mechanic they added last year was the hit stick. The changes this year were drastic I feel as far as game play mechanics go.

I think the game also feels much different than last year. Most people describe it as smoother. I have to agree with them. The game plays less jerky than the 2005 version. Especially in the running game.

No Streaming Account
  3. bowdown

bowdown Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good luck guys, I seen videos of the game and QB vision. More power to you if you can dominate the cone vision, it kind of reminds me of NFL Fever 2004 with its precision passing using the right stick to switch WR's. Too damm hard to work all things and be proficient. I also noticed on running plays and draws the QB vision gives the play away :(

No Streaming Account
  4. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would assume you can't see your opponent's cone when playing on Live. Just like you can pull up the routes and/or receivers but your opponent can't see that.

No Streaming Account
  5. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think all madden is the only way to go. Like EQ said we played on different levels trying it out and noticed that all pro or whatever it is the running is a little to easy. You guys know if I was doing this for my purpose I would say yes to all pro, but this is for the most sim and I say all madden but of course we would want some more input.

The precision vision is a great addition and like KK said that dude needs a new job Ed Lewis :shock:

No Streaming Account
  6. striker3771

striker3771 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think this game is great! EA did a great job with NCAA and Madden this year. At first I didnt like the cone vision feature, but I love it now. It just takes time. I need to play in all-madden, because I too have found it easy to run the ball. I shouldnt be rushing over 100 yards a game with an offensive line like the Dolphins.

No Streaming Account
  7. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OMG :shock:

I'm so dead in this game! I can't run worth a damn in this game. I try running up the middle...DEAD...Run to the outside..DEAD...counter...Dead..Niedermeyer?....DEAD (for those "Animal House" fans :wink: )

Any help from you "Emmit Smith's" out there would be appreciated.

No Streaming Account
  8. striker3771

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mike the Chiefs are a very powerful team. I cant believe how good they are in this game. I would lay off the sprint button until you see a whole. Just about every run has a hole. Whether its big or small. You have to have good timing when pressing the sprint button. With a beast like Holmes and a great offensive line, you should rush over 100 yards a game. Use the slide protection feature also. The offensive line blocking is very good this year.

No Streaming Account
  9. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well, I just played my first game online. I won 16-0 but it wasn't pretty. I was Denver and I was playing against Chicago. Tatum Bell (my RB) had 78 rushing yards with like a 4.5 average. Jake Plummer though was 2/18, for like 20 some yards. I could not pass for the life of me. We played the game on All-Madden. I need to get used to this QB vision stuff!

Gajeske85
  10. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Something I forgot in my above post:

How dumb is EA? I swear they do not play the game before they realese it. They have the mute button set as the left thumbstick (as opposed to the right thumbstick in Madden 2005, NCAA 2005, and NCAA 2006). Every time I run the ball in this game I mute my opponent (because you run with the left stick). This gets very annoying and I can't believe they moved it from the left stick to the right. Morons.... [-(

Gajeske85
  11. striker3771

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It shouldnt be anywhere on the controller. Left, right doesnt matter. You will still mute your opponent. We could easily take our headsets off if we didnt want to hear your opponent.

No Streaming Account
  12. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yea i said the same thing above. I dont understand why there is even a mute button to begin with, its not like we dont already have a mute button on the controller. Really dumb design. :(

No Streaming Account
  13. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, it is very dumb. I was trying to have a conversation during my game and I kept muting my opponent :evil: I did always wonder why they had to put a mute button on our controller?

Gajeske85
  14. Linuxx360

Linuxx360 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont like it so far, but maybe im just a ESPN rube... the players feel blocky, I mean they dont move fluid they seem rough...ESPN was so much nicer. Graphics suck and 2k5 is still better in this reguard.

I will still give it a go since i have no choice.

No Streaming Account
  15. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only gripe I might have about all-madden is I think I read somewhere that you have to use the right thumbstick to move the cone. I definitely prefer the right trigger method and thus would be against all-madden for that reason. If I heard wrong, I guess all-madden would be ok.

No Streaming Account
  16. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im in the same boat as you Army. On all-madden the receiver icons disappear when they leave the cone so you cant use the right trigger method and have to manually move the cone.

Maybe its because the team im using (Raiders) has such a small cone but i cant manually move it easily, it seems too sensiitive and impossible to get it on the reciever reliably. . I think on all-madden level the teams with the big ass cones will have a huge advantage.

No Streaming Account
  17. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had Delhomme and I didn't have to use the thumbstick. I remember using the trigger, but I will verify this tonight. If someone is home could they double check. If that is the case like yall mentioned then I think All Pro or whatever would most likely be used.

Please keep us updated. Thanks for the heads up guys

No Streaming Account
  18. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LMAO :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  19. swiper19

swiper19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    summed up what I was thinking!

I haven't played around with button config too much, has anyone been able to map the config to last year's? and is it possible to save that file to play on line?

Smart routes are fantastic!

Kicking meter seems soooooo ssllllllooooowwww this year I am having a hard time adjusting to being able to read a page in the instruction manual while the meter charges up, especially after playing NCAA :shock:

overall I like this years game, they obviously didn't re-invent the wheel just smoothed out some wrinkles and added a couple of features.

No Streaming Account
  20. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I know, I played a game of Madden than went on to NCAA and I could not kick. That meter was going mach 7 :shock:

Gajeske85