S26 AGM

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Dec 28, 2016.

?

Should there be a 5M AGM OPTION for s26

1. Yes

69.2%
  2. No

30.8%
  1. Follisimo

Follisimo Two-Way

Discord:
    Avalanchian#3515
    Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -17
    Something I would like to see possibly done also with the paid NHL AGM spot. Obviously not for this upcoming season but the ones beyond is... Have the price tag for the AGM and also make it cost THEIR 1st round draft pick. There is some decent players that get drafted so maybe those teams that don't take on an AGM can get a better shot at them.

Also add the stipulation you can't trade your 1st round draft pick if you aren't returning next season as management for that team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Rhapsodical
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Cost their first round pick? So where does it go?

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. Follisimo

Follisimo Two-Way

Discord:
    Avalanchian#3515
    Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -17
    It's simply removed and goes to no one. So a shorter 1st round

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Rhapsodical
  4. ARAB POTATO

ARAB POTATO Man like Ali

Ratings:
    +179 / 20 / -55
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  5. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    You're always good when you play, i just assume youre one of those i hate the game guys now a days.

As far as my same roster, i just sign people to 3 year deals and continue to abuse the resign system by trading people, that coupled with the 2 roster resets we had. As far as AGM, i voted against it and have said either way i didnt care from the begging if its there or not. If its there, ill use it, if not then oh well, ill still never spend more than 6M or 7M on people in bidding, like people continue to do

• Like Like x 2
    SweeT9LoU84
  6. TBU The Tiny

TBU The Tiny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 6 / -8
    Do you want to cater to SJU, Fostxr and the like, or the 1000 other players who don't have that advantage or choice?
    It's a dangerous road to take and play favorites even if there is no malicious thought.
    If you ask any of the top end talent to rate teams at the start of the year, they would rate the teams with half priced AGMs higher. You know this, you aren't stupid, and neither are they.
    They want to play with top people and win. I'm not blaming them, but the minute these guys don't get what they want, they bail. Is this really want you want to build your league around?
    I just think you are too chickenshit to stand up to some of these guys and do what is proper, and not what keeps them around. Who want to be an owner when the deck is stacked against you right away?
    You want to encourage new players to take up management and ownership, not try and keep the old guard in and bend the league to their will.

If he doesn't want to go into bidding, THEN HE DOESN'T PLAY. The league only loses a talent that is potential cancer if he goes to the wrong team, or the team actually needs them to step up.
    I'm not trying to single anyone out, but it's clear to most people who the winners are before bidding even starts. It's not 100% but it's disturbing non the less.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  7. Bane Dont Care

Bane Dont Care Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 14 / -16
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    Ill take owner and give you 10 mill bane

No Streaming Account
  9. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    What you are saying is completely over exaggerated.

There has been polls in both the MGT and public forums with the majority in favor of a paid AGM. So its not catering to just a few here like you said. Oh and if Bmac wants to take the advice of the owners who have spent their past time dedicated to running teams, then yeah that's an effective commish. You act like the new owners are oppressed by the league. When in reality its their own MGT skills and free agent players who don't give them a chance. Do you think players sign up in this league to play for owners who cant handle being MGT? NO, they sign up to play for an organized team with a good owner. That's what keeps players coming back. So yes, we should do what we can to keep better owners around.

There is also a little thing called "reaching a middle ground" here. The paid AGM is 6 million, its not free. There are currently 13 players over 6 mil. That's it. So the AGM is at a very high price comparing with the leagues bidding prices. This AGM keeps good players in this league and makes teams more competitive. You also forget that owners who don't use the AGM option have 6 million more for bidding. That amount can win your 3-5 more players of your choice in bidding. So there are benefits for both prepaid AGM and postbidding AGM.

I honestly wish we could go to this everyone go to through bidding, everyone be happy, and every team be competitive. I really do but you have to look at the current situations. Plan accordingly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. SJUSoccer9

SJUSoccer9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SJUSoccer9#5071
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 10 / -12

I've made it pretty clear that I have no intentions of returning to any sort of important management role next season. I've been management between vhl/lg for call it roughly 10 seasons, and amazingly we have finally reached the point (to me it feels like we've gone backwards in a lot of ways) where this game is just not worth my time anymore. I enjoy the league, I enjoy the site - but at the end of the day, the GAME made being owner last season a second job for me, and I refuse to go through another season of that (as its been stated numerous times that no major changes to the game will be implemented between now and NHL 18). Up until this season, I never managed a team where just about every single one of my players told me they would have 100% quit during the season if they had any other owner than me, which I obviously appreciated people suffering through the season because of me.

I was indifferent last season when it came to adding the AGM spot or leaving things as they were, but I sided with it because it brought about a significant change (yea yea I added GB for 5mil etc., then I watched him be miserable for 9 weeks on 150 ping every game - it was a real treat for everyone involved). I'm STILL indifferent about it for next season, even if that means I don't play here. Just about every single one of my games last season I felt like I couldn't move, and I'm tired of trying to figure out why that is - LG times, challenge games, PIN lobby... maybe my xbox is fucked, I have no idea and I honestly don't really care anymore lol. I think the console in general is complete garbage anyway.

The last week I've played some games on ps4 and so far every game has been on a better connection than all of my LG games, so I'm considering hopping over there for next season. Worst case, the connection will end up blowing ass for me during LG games there too. The difference is I won't be owner, and I'll only be showing up for my 3 games then I'll be on my way. So if Brodie makes the decision to keep AGM around next season, its definitely not going to be to cater to me and a few others.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. TBU The Tiny

TBU The Tiny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 6 / -8
    You have more then proved your worth as an owner/manager and player to this community, that is not in question. The fact that majority of the team is only there for you, is really worrisome for this league. How can you guys not see that. The old guard is gone or leaving, the guys that have to replace you are going to have a really bad time. Not sure they can live up to that. But the league needs new blood or it will die.

I agree with you that this is not as fun as it used to be. I have given years to this game and community and had a lot of fun. But we grow old, play less and care less about video games. Honestly the gameplay is not that much different each year so it's basically playing the same game for 8 years. You burn out, I did, and so many other players did. LG is the only reason I actually even turn my xbox on, and the only reason I still play is to have a reason to turn my xbox on. Last season I played under good management but bad team, good management good team, and bad management bad team. I wanted to quit in the end, I know how players feel when they have inept management and on a team they feel is inferior. But you can't bend rules and put bandaids on this problem.

If you want to play but don't want to go through bidding, it's just not fair to the other 29 teams that don't get you. You will choose from only a handful of players you would AGM for and those guys usually don't need help in management or skill wise. So it's just tilting the league more. I'm sure more then half the teams would love to have you, but to not have a chance to get you is hurting them and the league. What do you think your value would be in bidding? STUPID high, it would probably ruin the team and your chance to have fun. Not sure that is a win either.

What is the solution? Maybe we put in salary caps. How much money a player can make, or have staggered payrolls. Longer contracts, disallow trading of draft picks. Assigning an arbitrary value to a player is not the responsibility of the league and it will never be right. Few teams will 'abuse' it and get studs for 6mil, and most teams will just watch as one of the best potential free agents is gone, have to overpay on someone else.

No Streaming Account
  12. hatemakerr

hatemakerr the material girl.

Ratings:
    +435 / 8 / -12
    I'm only poking fun. Plus, I like the whole dynasty thing you have going. Compared to the teams I've been on the past three seasons you're the Patriots.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    But cant win a ship, so more like the Capitals of the NHL

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  14. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    @Dr Yargage

In the end it comes down to the management. I didn't take a 5M AGM and still had a successful season in a very tough division. Buffalo, Ottawa, Florida and Detroit. 4 teams with over 100pts and all playoff teams and very tough division rivals. I didn't bid on a player above 4.5M, and that was Lafond. Very unfortunate the end of the season he had to quit due to person reasons but he was a player. Not management. You take the risk on people leaving regardless if it's management or through bidding. It's a part of life. It's a part of the league. Virtual hockey just is not what it used to be anymore and a majority of it is due to:

1. Ever since Rammer took over the game has gone into decline. There are some people who say it hasn't but I tend to take the side of the hundreds if not thousands of players who say the game sucks compacted to the very few who think it's heading in the right direction.

2. HUT was introduced which also has put a decline on the league.

3. People are getting older and just don't live for it anymore, so if they don't get what they want it wouldn't be any skin off their back to say fuck it and not play because they are older and it just isn't a priority to them.

If you want a successful team then you need to build it with people who will play for you, who aren't a bunch of egotistical jackasses, and who don't start shit every day. I'm not saying I don't have a few egos on Detroit but for the most part it's been pretty smooth. For me if we get the preset AGM or not it won't make a difference. Wanna play with your friends play in pro series. Wanna play in LG put on your big boy pants and give people a chance wth a new owner if you don't want a inflated bidding price. If you can't give someone new the same chance/respect for one season as you do the vets then maybe you shouldn't be in the league at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    cross_x_check
  15. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    HMU when they bring back AGM. bye

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Its_cakes
  16. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    Yargage is mostly right. But this league is nothing without quality management. If having an AGM motivates good leaders to take management than that should be an option. I just believe there is a more fair way to designate the cap for the AGMs. I think having a franchise tag type of calculation is the way to go. Average the top 5 or 10 salaries for each position, fwd, def and goalie and that's the cost to have an AGM. That way people aren't just getting elite talent for pennies on the dollar but are still able to potentially get a good player that they want on their roster at a reasonably fair salary.

• Like Like x 3
    BLicK1252
  17. Tom 0

Tom 0 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,104 / 13 / -34
    If you want to take a goalie as AGM it should be roughly half the cost of a skater AGM.

If it's 6M across the board, you should be able to choose a G for like 3M

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
  18. Sty l27l

Sty l27l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +195 / 49 / -85
    I rarely agree with backlund but in this case hes right.

19. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    I'm not necessarily in favor of the AGM, but I do think making it more like a franchise player where it's the average of the top 5 salaries makes more sense. I think at the very least you need different salaries based on position.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Pure Pone

Pure Pone REALEST MAN

Discord:
    purepone#0
    Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -7
    To reiterate, its all in how it is used.

Some owners use it for a "financial" gain, others use it for help, others use it for both.

The point of the AGM is to get further help with running a team/organization. Now its being used to circumvent the cap in some facet. If you had a very good AGM (skill wise,) doing the jobs that the AGM is supposed to do, then this doesn't become a discussion.

I still personally feel the league is oversaturated with members and this is why this is happening. When AGM first came out, how many players were out there? The league has expanded to a point where it becomes cumbersome. This is why we are facing these problems, whether the outlook be good or bad.

Crazy idea:

Lower the cap, but keep everything as is. Pretty sure we will start valuing those big boy non 5mil AGM's a little differently and in turn will have to have a more strategic/less 10mil guys floating around and more teams like how @SweeT 9 LoU 84 likes to run his ship.

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account