Wrap Around Vote

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by AlexeiKovalev27, Sep 24, 2013.

?

Should animated wraps be allowed in the league?

1. Yes, allow animation wraps in the league.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, animated wraps should not be allowed in the league.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AlexeiKovalev27

AlexeiKovalev27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +980 / 21 / -38
    Impossible to count and a bad idea. You can't leave rules like this open to interpretation. Either allow it or disallow it.

No Streaming Account
  2. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    Ozzy you've been around long enough to know that half the guys in these leagues have to be hounded just to get their availability in. This doesn't even account for the number of people who sign up for leagues and never visit the site again.

The >50% of signups required does provide a built in excuse in the event that the vocal majority don't get their way and wraps are in fact disallowed. You (meaning the league office and not necessarily you specifically) get to deflect all of the blame and just say "well we opened up the discussion and 2/3 of the league didn't vote so blame them."

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  3. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    It's not a dictatorship to put rules in for a league, whether you ask around, research or make judgement on what you think people want.

Attacking the league to "win" a point is getting silly. Most of whats going on is common sense but people want to distort and pick apart context. Yes, if you don't like a league, don't play there. (common sense)

Even though we did the test, it was to see if there was a valid argument to consider changing the rule. BUT, understand that there is a community here, most have come here to get away from the people and egos that come along with the lack of certain rules. I'm agitated that those who wanted change, want to restrict the voices of others and just have their say.....I see a lot of hypocrisy in the "dictatorship" post.

This is exactly why things should never go to vote or discussion. The league is working with everyone to figure out what the league wants as a whole and so off the higher standing people in the league (owners) are taking advantage of it and using it as a tool to trash the league. We can get that just by making the rules and dealing with it.

4. Mr_Invidious

Mr_Invidious Sports Business Professional, Bad eSports Player

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    What the league wants = What Ozzy wants

No Streaming Account
  5. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Stew,
    This poll should be open on draft night...the numbers of members on the site during draft exceeds the number of votes need. Guess people should be lobbying for those guys to vote.

I'm also sure that if we don't meet these requirements it will be discussed further.

6. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    That is true, if only 90 people vote for the Prime Minister Election, there will still be a winner.

We want a large sample size, we aren't even that far off of the 130 we requested.

No Streaming Account
  7. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    Both of these cannot be true.

The suggestion that the members should be lobbying other people to vote is exactly my problem with the 50% requirement. Again all blame and responsibility is shifted. This could have possibly been introduced into the signup for season 16 as a poll question, which would have ensured that every person signing up for the league was required to at least acknowledge the vote.

No Streaming Account
  8. Boglord

Boglord AHL Bound!

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    And that's what I meant by my post, not being negative. It will make people reconsider their defensive assignments. Goalies will need to protect the post rather than only having to worry about a cross crease and it will force the D to be more aggressive around the net. It should in theory make the wingers worry about D a bit more rather than just sprinting up the ice.

No Streaming Account
  9. Gigantor4480

Gigantor4480 Stone Cold Stud

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Personally (as a goalie) I dont mind it, and have gotten pretty decent at stopping it. It gets annoying if its used repeatedly, but in that case its up to the defense to step up and adjust. It is a little cheesey sometimes, but nowhere near as bad as GLG...

No Streaming Account
  10. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    - I want a no holds barred league and can't get enough people to back it. So, yeah, I doubts its equal to what the league wants.
    - I want a league full of top players talking shit, while others sit around just hoping to be good enough to be apart of it (including me)
    - I want a league where the best of the best battle it out and shitting on teams with a weak link
    - I want the top 6's teams to battle it out night after night like it was in '09 & '10 and watch people cry because they think they can't win without glitching, then play them straight up and still get their ass whipped.

I don't own, create or build a site for leagues, when I come to one and am here helping in the upper management I make decisions based on experience of what I've learned people want or by researching, asking around and listening to what people want. I've learned to take inconsideration of the "in your face" vocal people but look past them and talk to the lessor, more quiet members too. Anyone who has been in these positions know there is no winning method and you always do what you can to make the right judgements that will help the site and league grow.

Don't pretend to know me, because I will kill to have it my way and just be happy watching the true top 6's players actively playing and competing. It's like an addiction, once you've lived the life, its in your blood. EA has been the Betty Ford clinic unfortunately.

11. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i voted no, but dont have that big of a problem with it bc im not a goalie.

id be curious to see what all the league goalies think about this one.

No Streaming Account
  12. Knivessplash

Knivessplash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I use to play goalie and in 3 season as a goalie in the OTHER league I allowed at most 5 goals. The big thing is it keeps the goalie and defense honest in my opinion.

No Streaming Account
  13. KOSisKing

KOSisKing Cone-Shaped Dinosaur

Ratings:
    +102 / 2 / -0
    I kind of think locking rules in will shoot ourselves in the foot. Inevitably they will tune this game, break something and piss us all off. If a rule isnt working as intended we should be able to adjust itif we as a community generally agree. I onlymention this here because now i vote yes for wraps, but should they nerf collision detection (just as an example) and all of a sudden wraps go through the post or sone crazy ish-- we should have the option to adjust our rules to reflect issues that are generally recognized. And it would give us a "binkie" in case wraps did somehow cause a deviation from the sim style desired.

KOSisKing
  14. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    There is always the clause that as the game progresses if there is a glitch or exploit that is found, game play rules can be changed especially this early in the game cycle. Hopefully if anything doea happen it can be confined to the actual glitch only and not the entire action.

15. T55055

T55055 T55055

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think it's fine

No Streaming Account
  16. Jack Bauer tuna

Jack Bauer tuna Hall of Famer

Discord:
    JBT123#4279
    Ratings:
    +1,258 / 66 / -177
    W
    Preferences

§
    -
    =
    Backspace

Tab
    q
    w
    e
    r
    t
    y
    u
    i
    o
    p
    [
    ]

Return

capslock
    a
    s
    d
    f
    g
    h
    j
    k
    l
    ;
    '
    \

shift
    `
    z
    x
    c
    v
    b
    n
    m
    /
    shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Wrap arounds are easy to stop doeeee

jackbauertuna_
  17. Monopolized

Monopolized Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -2

except for boardplaying, it isn't in the game and we are all dreaming.

No Streaming Account
  18. KOSisKing

KOSisKing Cone-Shaped Dinosaur

Ratings:
    +102 / 2 / -0
    I feel like the difference for me is that boardplay in the nhl series doesnot replicate situations in which you would actually see it in the nhl. No one in the nhl is going to see some d taking 7 strides and decide the want to stop and boardplay themselves to avoid getting crushed. Now you could argue d dont take runs like in this game either, but let me bring my point back to wrapping,...play behind the net can actually improve a sim style league because it can be such a dangerous position in real hockey. The amount of "realism " allowing someone to boardplay anywhere on the ice is minimal because most people would use it in an unrealistic way. Now if we piced all boardplay use to limit bp to avoid hits than maybe, but that would be impossible. Just my two cents.

KOSisKing
  19. Monopolized

Monopolized Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -2
    Then no boardplaying in the neutral zone, if we are chasing realism here, then people shouldn't be able to chain loose puck dekes together.. because that doesn't happen in the NHL.. neither do 1 handed windmills, or jump dekes.

No Streaming Account
  20. LikeaHardPuzzle

LikeaHardPuzzle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 0 / -4
    There is nothing overpowered about wrap around, nothing unrealistic either. Should be a pretty easy decision here.

No Streaming Account