Poll: Which NHL 360 Title for LGHL Season 193

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tris10, Aug 28, 2014.

?

Which Game Should we use for Season 19-21

Poll closed Sep 5, 2014.
  1. Either Title

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NHL 14 Xbox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. NHL 15 Xbox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewy

Dewy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mcgillivray#0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nhl 14, Why are we gonna give a company that screwed us over money for nhl 14.5

No Streaming Account
  2. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 2 / -3
    Even if it's the exact same game the league should move on to 15. Club is going to be dead on 14 a month after 15 comes out, and that's going to translate into significantly reduced numbers in the league, plus you kill any chance of new sign ups. I know people are mad at EA but this is a no brainer, you move onto the new game just like every year.

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  3. ZHawk0717

ZHawk0717 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    I voted for 14. The argument 90% of people are making for 15 is that It's a new game and 14 is an old game. If this were actually true I would be all for going to 15, but It's not. All were getting from 15 is new commentary, a roster update, and 12 player collisions which will be more annoying than innovative. NOTHING else is changed.

No Streaming Account
  4. Yaaa Booiii

Yaaa Booiii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +554 / 6 / -4
    I think its 2years. I remember my buddy play NHL 09 when we were on 11. But EA servers are garbage tho

No Streaming Account
  5. Dad of Five 81

Dad of Five 81 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dad of Five 81#1761
    Ratings:
    +269 / 8 / -20
    i hope people who "want to stay on 14" dont expect good servers on there haha.

dadoffive81
  6. TheBuschBoss

TheBuschBoss Shotgun Maestro

Discord:
    TheBuschBoss#9667
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I say stay on 14, due to the fact that the didn't put a demo out for 360, meaning that they probably just took old copies of nhl 14 and slapped the 15 cover on it, the gameplay will be no different escape for eddy and doc

thebuschboss
  7. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    Despite being the biggest 6s league we are still a drop in a bucket compared to the full EASHL community. A lot of us play EASHL 6s, 5s, 4s, etc. in our spare time and staying on 14 will absolutely make matching up with 6 nearly impossible at most times of the night. The league shouldnt try to alienate itself from what the average person who wants to play EASHL will do, and thats getting NHL 15 for the 360.

We draw our userbase from EASHL, and our userbase plays EASHL, staying on a game where EASHL will be all but dead simply doesnt make sense.

Servers already suck on this game, willgetworse/10

We havent seen gameplay of 15 yet on the 360, and while Im not expecting monumental changes, or even as many changes as we've seen year to year thus far, there could still be some nice fixes to go along with the new presentation that would make this decision a no-brainer.

• Like Like x 17
  8. arnooney

arnooney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    I voted for NHL 15, however I am still on the fence if I am even going to be buying it for the 360. I have had the xbox one since it was released and was looking forward to NHL on next gen, and this whole situation has put a bad taste in my mouth. But, if I were to play it for 360, it would be NHL 15. Sure, we will have to grind for legend cards again, and the game will be very similar, but for the sake of 6s it is the obvious choice.

arnooney
  9. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I just want to remind everyone as well this is just a primarily poll. Of course we are unsure of the game play NHL 15 on Xbox 360 has to offer. Therefore we are going to reopen a poll and discussion once the NHL 15 Early Release is out.

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  10. pl4tinum514

pl4tinum514 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I keep hearing everyone saying "$60".

Honestly, how many of you spent $60 on NHL last year?

The game is $60, each controller you break while mashing NHL buttons is $50, the grips for your controller sticks are $5-10, your boosts are probably another $30-40 if you were impatient like alot of us are, the season ticket was $25, if you raged and broke your CD mid-season you probably got a used copy for $30... there's alot of opportunity to spend way over $100 each season just on NHL alone. I didn't even mention HUT, which I *know* some of you guys sank a shitload of money into on packs.

I'd rather put the $100-200 towards an XBone if I don't have one yet, than some piece of crap hardly modified version of NHL14 with a new name on it and 3 months of frustration while they patch it and patch it and release tuners until it feels like 14 again.

And if I do already have an Xbone, that money will be much better spent on a game that the developers actually worked on.

PS. Go back and read Ice Javelin's whole post. He made a TON of good points.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Penguins23

Penguins23 Kind of a big deal

Discord:
    .penguins23#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    360 isn't even getting 12 player collision so that leaves a roster update and commentary. There's no rosters in EASHL and I play with commentary on mute anyway.

No Streaming Account
  12. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    ​227 votes, 338 different viewers. Please encourage everyone to vote

LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. BullBreed333

BullBreed333 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BullBreed#6785
    Ratings:
    +409 / 28 / -67
    It's really all about the servers to me. The 14 servers will be horrible, even worse than they are normally. Games can't happen with lags and disconnects, so whatever feelings that are hurt by the EASHL decision for Xbone have to be tempered by reality. Reality is that the 15 servers will be the best, and the 15 servers will allow games to actually be played properly. Everybody knows how annoying it is to get in games where it's stop and start- then all the damn pictures that need to be taken, etc... it's not fun at all.

Bullbreed333
  14. ll Winger ll

ll Winger ll Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ll Winger ll#1074
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -2
    I think it should come down to game play, if 15 is virtually the same game as 14, then just leave us on 14. this provideds a few benifits.
    1) everyone to continue using the players already built (legend 3, ect.).
    2) those who do'nt want to waste their money on new game that's not going to provide anything new, they don't have to.
    3) as someone else mentioned, for those who do eant to get the new gen version, they won't have to also pay to get the 360 version just for league.

HOWEVER, if the game play is different at all (IE skating, checking, ect), then make the switch as I can see it being a big disadvantage for anyone who spends most of their time on the new game then have to revert back to 14 for league and everything would feel different.

dwinger82
  15. Trae x8

Trae x8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    People dont want to buy nhl 15 for both consoles. we dont live for it like you guys.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SiIky Johnson

SiIky Johnson Player Hater of the Year

Ratings:
    +484 / 23 / -52
    this.

silk_stalker
  17. mfricha-

mfricha- Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,032 / 8 / -44
    It's going to be funny when a friend is trying to explain to another friend why we are using NHL14 even though nobody outside of LGHL plays it. Nobody is going to join a league with an old game. It's plain stupid.

You guys act like EA suits are in a room saying things like "Man, we should really fuck over EASHL guys, this will be a perfect way to get them to buy HUT pucks" They couldn't get the game mode in the game, not sure how spiting them helps anything.

New members won't join if we stick on 14, simple as that.

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  18. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    For those who wont hit view post, this is entirely accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Out4Bl00d1

Out4Bl00d1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm reserving judgement until I can play NHL 15 myself or see some video of it. On one hand, I can't justify spending $60 for a last gen game after buying an XB1 and throwing my 360 in the closet, as well as supporting EA after bending us over. On the other, NHL14 was the least fun game for me personally as a full time defender in EASHL and I can't imagine me playing it for another full year. I actually took pleasure in throwing that game in the garbage following this past season rather than getting $10 from GameStop.

No Streaming Account
  20. FireWallxQc

FireWallxQc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0 / -1
    this

quote for the win

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.