LGHL, LGAHL & LGCHL Delayed

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tris10, Oct 18, 2015.

1. GunHavok

GunHavok Pizza

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -1
    I took a year off, 2 weeks is nothing. Good decision.

• Like Like x 11
    PunHavok
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    There is a ton to take into consideration when you look deeper into this issue. What is your level of commitment when you are a player, compared to when you are a manager?

As a player we have the luxurious of committing an hour and a half of our week to this league. Basically show up when we say we can play, play three games then move on. As a manager, the level of commitment is way greater which is obvious when you commit to such a position. That also needs to be taken into consideration when voting takes places.

It is no surprise 60% of the players who voted, wanted to play. You are players, that is what you do. So maybe in small picture maybe you don't play a game where you are the home team and require to host. That is a plus, no one on your line is affected, you all are happy. Maybe in the small picture of a week, you only play one game at home, but yet you still don't host so your connection is awesome. But when you are a manager, 50% of the week is on the road or at home, meaning you are dealing with upset players who experienced this lag issue for nearly half the week.

The new rules put into place will be player friendly, but in order for management to utilize them to there full potential a period of time is required. Two weeks was something the majority of Owners wanted. It allows for more team building, and as well as pre-season games. The league isn't completely shutting down, and if you think pre-season means nothing, it means something to your managers.

The other thing to keep I mind is we aren't delaying for a fix. Nov 1st, rain or shine we are going to get into it. So all of you who think pre-season is pointless, now is your time to work the kinkys out and help your team out so when the season begins you aren't left in the dark. There are minor issues, they may still occur in two weeks time. But this time is going to be used to better prepare ourselves.

To some players, they think since EA just announced the fact they know there is an issue, doesn't mean it is just starting to be fixed. Its been over a month already of them working on it, and perhaps these next two weeks is the right time frame they need to give us a patch. If not that is okay as well, but at least we can say we are better prepared, and we tried to wait longer for EA to fix this issue.

Delay or play, there isn't going to be an answer everyone is going to agree on. But at least this system is something that will offer a benefit to both sides of the vote. Delay, yes we are for a few weeks. As a GM and Managers who was extremely against playing, here is your time to get your ducks in a row, and ensure your players are ready. Play, well pre-season is still an option. Games are going to be scheduled so you might as well test your talents against the competition this season.

Waiting a few weeks to better our site, our League and be more prepared isn't going to hurt us. Just think of this way, if you want to quit right now, you are basically saying you are quitting because your team's management wanted extra time to prepare themselves to give you as a player a better experience here on LG.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. hatemakerr

hatemakerr the material girl.

Ratings:
    +435 / 8 / -12
    Don't worry, there is a small minority of us who neither get the lag or live for this.

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  4. NickyDubya

NickyDubya Yup

Ratings:
    +446 / 51 / -21
    If you didn't fuck up last year, you could have been the owner to change the vote from 14-2, to 14-3 (which was "archived" before a full vote could be taken, but you get the gist.)
    You haven't played the preseason, so you have only hearsay to base your opinion on. If you poll the owners (which I did) then you would know that it was an absolute shit show.

This is an EA issue. It's not a Tris issue, or a Brodie issue, or an ownership issue. EA is fucking us. Quitting the league doesn't hurt EA. They already have your money and have no intention of giving it back if you quit LG.

They, once again, released an unfinished game, and it was a judgment call on whether we should wait or not. I had said days ago that we should make up our minds quickly, and not wait to the last second, but I think some people were holding out hope that it would be magically fixed by today. It isn't. So our choice was "play a broken game" or "wait and hope that it gets fixed." I'm comfortable putting my name on the second option.

• Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. BigJay x89

BigJay x89 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bigjayy#0
    Ratings:
    +1,865 / 93 / -94
    A large % of the owners ( not all ) wanted it done this way. Keep in mind how much effort it takes as management. This pause makes it so that we are more ready and that SJ gets to stay intact.
    Were sorry for any issues this may cause but its 2 weeks.......play club with your LG teams?

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  6. HobO0nurporch

HobO0nurporch Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hobooo#0
    Ratings:
    +810 / 89 / -75
    This gives us time to see if there is a way for a temp fix of the button delay, adjust to the new procedure and more use of the new OCR.

Those of you who think this is "a patch will come in 2 weeks" are dead wrong, If it does it does, if not it doesn't. Some games took 45+ minutes to last week because of this issue. The players play 3 games a week. The management take every night to get people. So before you go ahead and open you're mouth complaining more, think of the other standpoints.

• Like Like x 5
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    miT_
  7. Boz E Coyote

Boz E Coyote The Worst

Discord:
    bozzzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +2,296 / 33 / -46
    Really bud? Pot shots at me now?

I do recall telling you to check yourself and maybe go back to the AHL if you're struggling at the NHL level. I struggled last season. Look where I am now...

Anyways, that's really neither here nor there, but thanks for derailing the discussion. Let's keep the frustrations aimed at the game rather than at the selection of people picked this season to be owners.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Will there be a new preseason schedule? Or will we just be making up as we go? @Tris10

No Streaming Account
  9. JFLuyken

JFLuyken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -5
    It sounds like this was an overwhelming decision by all the team managers and LG Staff. That is what I gathered from McDonald's message in your alerts.

I agree with those that say ea can't be relied on to fix this problem seeing how they haven't fixed so many recurring problems in this series. The difference with this issue that gives me hope is the fact that the LG community has never been recognized in the past like they are right now. There are way too many people presenting undeniable facts that point directly at EA being the problem. This cant be blamed on any other party and the largest community that supports their product is demanding this input delay to be fixed. This is a very interesting point in their franchise. They HAVE to deliver what we need in order to maintain our community's integrity. Having said that I support the delay personally but also understand the frustration this creates.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Stop crying guys. I don't like the delay but just do something else for 2 weeks. who wants to play 2k? Ballers hmu

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  11. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    Ideal world it wouldn't be a last minute decision but a ton of things were a factor.

Tris and I didn't agree on the delay or play the entire week, and I personally felt Thursday would be an ideal day to finalize our talks and make a decision. Thursday afternoon, my home town was hit with a massive lighten storm, causing two house fires side by side, and a massive natural gas leak. For those of you who don't know, I am a captain with a volunteer department here in Petawawa, and a full time firefighter with CNL. The best part of my job is 99% of the time, I am home and free, but when my pagers goes off, I have to go. That fire event, ended up setting me back two days(also why I no showed Thursday), which catching up on sleep, paper work, etc. So the discussion never really was completed by Tris and I.

He said play, and I said delay, there in my eyes and being exhausted we were playing. Hence why I made the post I made last night.

That decision of course sparked a major discussion with our owners, which lead to the final decision of delaying that we have currently have now. I think even with a decision to play on Thursday, would have still lead to this overwhelming desire to delay by our owners regardless. So all of this would have happened regardless but perhaps on Friday, rather than hours before the seasonal start.

Hine sight is always 20-20, and it would have been better to announce this sooner, but clearly I was in no position to do so based on the last three days I have had.

The two weeks in the schedule now will simply be changed to "pre-season"

• Like Like x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. Plymmy11

Plymmy11 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Plymmy11#2563
    Ratings:
    +465 / 10 / -26
    Show up for preseason games? That'd be helpful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. l9l z e u s

l9l z e u s RETIRED

Ratings:
    +106 / 48 / -99
    Tris, i have a few questions? How are you forced to delay the season now when this same exact problem was already voted on and addressed and Brodie informed us all there will be no delay in the season? Was there some different problem with the servers we all didnt know about? Or did the people who complained about the decision just whine and complain until you gave into their demands?
    I just want to know why, all of a sudden, this league which i have been apart of for sometime seems to be making frantic last minute decisions. If you guys need help getting organized, id be more than willing to help.

• Get Good Get Good x 4
    • Troll Troll x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. GreasyGogan

GreasyGogan Chief of Heimbecker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    Here's my understanding of the series of events this past week:

1. There was quite a startled group of managers/players when we found out a host button delay (and to a much lesser extent, general lobby lag) existed in lobbies where our league games HAD to occur as a result of no club challenge option.

2. As the week progressed and more people played their preseason games, it became apparent that this was an EA issue and not a particular ISP issue.

3. Voting polls were created in both the main LGHL forum and the private management LGHL forum. As Brodie previously described in this thread, obviously the players were okay still playing as they dedicate 1.5 hours/week to the league. The opposite was true with the managers as the veteran league guys know the time commitment necessary to build a successful team and we (including myself in these accolades so GG) voted in favour of delaying. A few new owners/managers urged us to play and a few guys were okay with any decision

4. Despite a majority of the leagues backbone (our Owners/Managers) suggesting that we should delay, it was decided with a push from Tris that we should attempt to play. This caused an issue in SJ in particular and caused a lot of discomfort with league owners who have a ton of experience doing what they do best for our league.

5. With the league already down one set of management, other Owners became extremely vocal about why they were being ignored. I have no problem admitting that I was on their side and was disappointed in the league. Some owners felt that the level of commitment to deal with this new hurdle would have been wayyyy over their expected commitments, so managing a team would not be an option. I too echoed these sentiments and an argument enraged with overwhelming support to delay.

6. The League was faced with a difficult possibility of management teams falling apart and quitting, thereby delaying the season in a different stance. With such an underwhelming willingness of the leagues players to step up and become Owners (as witnessed in the Ownership signup thread prior to S22) the league could not have possibly overcome this revolt. The only possible solution was to listen to the majority of the leagues Owners and heed their advice.

Obviously this run down had some bias in it but if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I have my opinions on why we should delay although I would have been ready to play as well. The host lag and general lobby lag hit me hard but not all of my players endured it. I understand the frustration of some but in the end the league needed to lean on the guys who make the league run, and the correct decision was made.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
    Jay_Rulez
  15. Anndroo

Anndroo 2 season NHL veteran

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -1
    Should have been just 1 week for all. It doesn't seem like people were ready tonight. I could have been wrong. This is a game people should just deal with the the game EA gave us. Hopefully they can fix it but this is the same team that delayed EASHL on NHL 15. Two weeks is too much time in my opinion. We just got to face the fact that we have all be rammered.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    Anndroo
  16. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    @Jay Rulez you missed the unlimited IR aka free quit.

Sevv_09
  17. JohnForslxnd

JohnForslxnd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    I just dont see how the league lets SJS's management hold a gun to its head. Should have just let them cry and take their ball home.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854

No break during the holidays. Dec 24, Dec 31, won't be games. Both days are Thursday.

Retirements aren't going to be open. If members were ready to play now why do they suddenly need to retire?

It will end up affecting summer season. It was going to be a complete 82 game spread but with these changes it will be cut short similar to last summer season on NHL 15. Tris and I discussed how to make our offseason a quicker. If all works out it may not affect future seasons at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  19. Rushpac

Rushpac First ever back-to-back PLB champion bitches!

Ratings:
    +981 / 17 / -16
    What happened with SJS?

Rushpac
  20. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,041 / 113 / -854
    The three managers stepped down having to play this week as seasonal games. That chain of events lead to nearly the entire roster walking away.

With a two week delay their management team felt it was enough time to prepare themselves for the season with game lag or not

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial