League News April 19 GameChanger’s Event

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Apr 22, 2019.

1. DrSynncredible1

DrSynncredible1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -12
    1. Fix puck physics and pickups. Its insane that i am on the doorstep for a rebound, where i should be...and fan 5 times at a puck i could have easily tapped in. I've also been punished for jumping plays at the blue line just so the puck can bounce off my stick to the opposing player instead of being on a breakaway.

2. Fix board play and battles. If my team has 3 guys on the boards to their 1, their 1 should have no business skating out of there with the puck. Its mind boggling.

3. Fix icing calls. Im not even sure this game even knows what constitutes to icing and what doesn't. I've seen blatent icing get waived off and vice versa. Its a headache.

4. For the love of baby jesus, tone down the tripping calls or just take the poke check out of the game. I should not have to dread pushing r1 to make a play and the opposing player just fall down. Way too sensitive, tone down the calls. Focus more on the hooks from behind, especially on breakaways

5. Give us real AUTHENTIC cellys. Not this rowboat on the ice nonsense, or the worm, or any other of these ridiculous nfl type endzone celebrations. Give us nhl specific player celebrations...like the patrick kane showtime glove flip for example. And make those things unlockable.

6. Take out CR entirely.

7. Make stock team jerseys something you dont have to unlock. You kinda need that for league teams.

8. Either fix protect puck or remove it. It drives me nuts having a high puck control rating and pressing said button and it not even acknowledge what its supposed to do. The puck should not fly off my stick every time i try to manuver around someone, it doesn't work like that.

9. Lastly, the redline force field. I cant tell you how many times i have seen in games where the puck is traveling at a pretty good speed, where you know that the puck is going to cross the line no problem, and it stops right at the redline, just so the tendie can pick it up. Im not sure in what universe those physics make sense, but its not this one.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. xFiore91x

xFiore91x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Make the dressing room a much more real looking dressing room to give more of a real life feel.

While waiting for games or while game is loading up be able to skate around and warm up shoot some pucks!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. I Witt I

I Witt I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lwittl#0
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -6
    The ability to upgrade your player attributes the way you want.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. budymaya

budymaya Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1
    Tone down the tripping penalties on poke checks, I play defense and chel19 is frustrating on D

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. X Scorgsm

X Scorgsm Well-Known Member

Discord:
    multipl_scorgsm#0
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    Make goalie more realistic. Seams like half the time the tendy can't square up to the puck.

Fix goalie hug post. Most of the time you hug the post and tendy glitches out and it stuck with a gap between him and the post.

Unrealistic wrap around. Players from one end behind the net to the other and tendy doesn't even move. Not enough speed.

Uncontrollable maneuver when player grabs puck in offensive zone at blue line that causes him to go offside

Fix slap shot right infront of goalie glitch

Go back to the old way of attributes and building your player.

• Like Like x 1
    multiplscorgsm
  6. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    Make stickhandling closer to last-gen so it doesn't feel like you're trying to stick handle a 50 pound puck

No Streaming Account
  7. TengoLombrices

TengoLombrices Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TengoLombrices#7354
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On icing calls the team getting the offensive draw should get an energy boost. The defending team cannot change but the offensive team would have the ability for a "line change." This would keep teams honest and would truly keep teams from attempting too many long breakout passes. Team practice in EASHL would be great. Instead of creating 2 clubs and having them face each other, allowing a team to have a 12 person lobby with possible spectator seats would be an amazing tool for organized leagues. Allow defensemen who choose strong defensive builds to be more aggressive with stick checking. Be more consistent with how penalties and icings are called. Too many times boarding calls don't happen or icings are inexplicable called off.

No Streaming Account
  8. TheSuperBongBros

TheSuperBongBros Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The first few pages of this thread are exactly why meaningful changes never seem to happen. People suggest too much dumb shit that only applies to what they want and (objectively) shouldn't be a core focus of the devs. Olympic ice for 6s? Extra builds? They don't even have the current builds figured out...start there first.

Every year I read these threads and see the loudest ones screaming about the most useless shit - that's how you end up with hoodies being the biggest feature of NHL 19, and EA spending so much of their resources on pointless things like legends, outdoor modes, toques and sweaters, or any of that cosmetic shit they waste tons of man hours on instead of focusing on core game play issues.

The passing, rebounds, goalies, animations, and player builds are by far the biggest issues to address IMO, and what I've seen pretty consistently from players who aren't solely focused on neat stuff they came up with. Also, if you're speaking to actual EA peeps, it would be a total missed opportunity not to ask about esports and working LG into the professional spectrum.

No Streaming Account
  9. PatJoyce_

PatJoyce_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -9
    PatJoyce
  10. xXGL23Xx

xXGL23Xx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i play goalie so from my perspective the main change i would like to see is automatic saves gone or at least turned down. i cannot stress enough the amount of times ive been scored on because the game gave me an automatic save animation over the save i am trying to make. its annoying. i would also like to see a better and more accurate control set up for goalies, giving you more control over individual body parts. as to make the saves more accurate for what you want. another thing that NEEDS to be fixed from all the other games is goalies getting stuck once they have been hit by other skaters. for now thats alll i have im sure ill think of more tonight when i play.

No Streaming Account
  11. bigdogrex

bigdogrex free agent RD

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -6
    Same as last year and the year before. Allow me to choose the colour of the puck shadow. I’m old my eyes not what they used to be. This is easy for them.

Impossible for them my wish is to have rng removed from penalties, allowing the game to become a legitimate esport.

No Streaming Account