LG Overhaul & Improvements

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by TheMainEvent, Jan 30, 2021.

1. TheMainEvent

TheMainEvent Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TME#9375
    Ratings:
    +2,131 / 16 / -16
    Fellow LeagueGamingians,

We are looking to improve the LG brand, experience, and website in many different areas. I'm starting to approach this from a ground zero standpoint and understand the primary pain points that users currently have. That's where you come in.

Any bit of software is improved by talking to its users, and I need to know what you hate about LG. It's easy to re-theme the site and make it more visually appealing (which will be happening), but I'm interested in how you use LG and how the experience could be better.

:flames: Good Feedback:
    - There are too many steps to find my teams stats.
    - As a GM, it's hard to schedule my lines.
    - As a player, I only use three things on the site and they're buried in mountains of menus.
    - I hate Tris.

banana Bad Feedback:
    - Looks dumb.
    - I hate Tris.

Please, give me as much information as possible. Post here, PM me, message me on Discord at TME#9375, or send me a handwritten letter in the mail.

P.S. If there are any other UX or Product Designers that want to have some input on this, let me know.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    MainEvennt
  2. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    • It would be cool if anyone on the team could do stats for any game (rather than just games you're scheduled for). Not a huge deal, since stats are simple, and just one less minor thing for managers to do.
    • A lot of things on this site aren't formatted well for mobile phone (i.e. Not being able to click the right side of the playoff brackets, Daily Stars and weekly power rankings also have formatting issues where you can't see a lot of things). These are just minor things, but still worth noting.
    • Add an option to sign up for all games, instead of going to each one. Again not a big deal, but would probably help some lazy people sign up for their games on the site.
    • Don't allow players to remove themselves after they've been scheduled for a game. An AHL team had an issue with this happening in a playoff game.
    • As far as the look of the site, I think the site looks pretty clean. Maybe do something to "celebrate" your own personal acheivements a bit more. Possibly do something like showing your banners/trophies/current team underneath where it says "LEAGUEGAMING" in huge letters at the top of the page (there's a good amount of room between that and the tabs).

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    bossy_22_
  3. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    “Add an option to sign up for all games, instead of going to each one. Again not a big deal, but would probably help some lazy people sign up for their games onthe site.”

Just wanted to echo this point Bossy brought up. Would be a nice feature as I believe the majority of lg members are 9/9 (or at least it seems that way from the discord posts).

I think you hit the nail on the coffin with the many clicks in your example post. From a directories perspective it just seems like it’s broken down too far, certain things could be grouped together. Adding the career stats/locker room to the top where you select your username would be helpful. It seems to be intended as a player hub but it’s really missing the locker room option.

Should be noted I am a mobile user through a browser (not using the app).

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. StonewallSieve

StonewallSieve Well-Known Member

Discord:
    StonewallSieve#6688
    Ratings:
    +120 / 5 / -18
    - More user friendly app. Esports event navigation is much harder than LGHL navigating. I never bother to use the app for anything other than signing up for availability and sometimes the SB because everything else seems to work smoother on the webpage, so why bother

- Forums page could use a revamp and a more prominent spot on the site to encourage more use for players new to LG. Feel like that aspect of the site shouldn't ever need shoutbox assistance or team discord assistance to help them find it. New players frequently stumble into the LGHL sb asking questions and saying they are looking for something on the site. This isn't a bad thing per-say, however it makes me wonder how many more are as lost as these people and say nothing or just get frustrated & give up on what they were looking for initially

- Stats page use to show LG rank and allowed sort by LG rank, doesn't now for some reason. Only can find your Rank number the Rosters tab. Feel like a lot of work was put into that tracker so it should be given more attention and be shown off more, not difficult to find.

- Content. It'd be nice to have a hub for creative members of our community to have fun, share work and help guys looking for logos and creative work to connect with talented designers in our community. Whether this is a on tab or somehow integrates with the current forums we have now. Feel as though the current spot for forums is tucked away in the corner so to speak and isn't favorable to visual content when all we have to go of the content it the title.

Example: Team announcement videos, New Logo announcements, Tournament Highlight clips, Esports event hype videos. Things we and NHL teams are already sharing on Twitter should be as easily shared and found right here on LG. If John Smith doesn't have or use twitter, think of all the NHL 6s content we consume on Twitter that he's missing. It'll encourage more site engagement and be a recruiting tool for future events to keep signup numbers growing

- Esports stats: As more and more events come and go, career esports stats are getting harder to keep together as a collective especially with goal tender stats being very Shots Faced and TOI based for GAA. If we could integrate all esports stats together under 1 location and then have the multiple events as sub categories I think a lot of competitors would enjoy that simplification

Thank you for the post and your considerations on these points

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Stonewallsieve
  5. JEEEEEEBS

JEEEEEEBS VHL REFUGEE

Ratings:
    +319 / 12 / -14
    would love to help with this, let me know boys

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    JEEEEEEBS
  6. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    @DR0C finally your chance

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  7. Pooderz

Pooderz Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 10 / -45
    Bogs need to be held to a higher standard, and follow the rules exactly without any wiggle room to make it up as they go or define rulings based on personal feelings. That one thing would go a long way toward keeping good management.

The main complaint that I have had discussions with managers about is how disrespectful the bogs are to the point where it becomes a revolving door unless you can put up with the abuse.

If at any point you reciprocate, it leads to aggregious punishments as well as other managers now not only having to run a team but answer other managers questions due to the "unique unavailability" of the bogs.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. PeteyMaCx11

PeteyMaCx11 555

Discord:
    PeteyMacx11#2465
    Ratings:
    +989 / 34 / -73
    Need better coordination with events and/or future events so rules and game times are not changed mid season.

• Like Like x 4
    PeteyMacx11
  9. Method018

Method018 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Method018#9669
    Ratings:
    +115 / 1 / -8
    In the management tools, for the waiver wire, could the players who are waived have a link to their league specific profile?

Keeping an eye on the Waivers is very tedious due to the fact that everyone that is waived you have to look up individually instead of just opening their profile in a new tab.

• Like Like x 7
    Method018
  10. Meonemast

Meonemast Active Member

Discord:
    meonemast#0
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    Would be good if on the app, in the groups forum the hyperlinks for discord invites would work. Instead of having to go to your messages or through the forum.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  11. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    I'm not sure if this is a you thing but I would love to have more stats available. Specifically strength of schedule (could be a simple one using the average LG rating of the players in game. ECU's with no rating = ~25 LG rating or so, whatever seems fair).

Quality of Competition: Average of 6 opponents
    Quality of Teammates: Average of 5 linemates

Adding these 2 stats would add so many benefits to the league, especially come award time, as there are often many debates about scrub hunting, playing with bad players, getting carried, etc etc etc.

• Like Like x 12
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Bonwl15
  12. xHyper-8

xHyper-8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    luvhyper#0
    Ratings:
    +1,160 / 31 / -54
    For the love of god, please fix the iOS App.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Jibadd

Jibadd Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Jibby#4838
    Ratings:
    +152 / 16 / -117
    The LG mobile experience is awful. The app needs a major overhaul

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  14. Margo I

Margo I The Greatest Party Presence of the known universe

Ratings:
    +102 / 45 / -65
    Team Owner test scores should be made public for better transparency. No idea how some candidates get teams and would very much like to see the scores of each person taking the test in a forum every year.

• Like Like x 5
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Known as Dub

Known as Dub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,641 / 4 / -6
    The site is pretty jank on my phone.

— If I click the big league gaming banner I’d prefer to be taken to the main LG forum/chat page instead of LG proper. On that page it has a link for the mobile app for iOS, but it opens up my Apple Music instead of going to the app to download.

—Player stats are rough to navigate. The display window is too compact with ~1/3 of screen unused when vertical and ~1/5th when horizontal. Stats will not scroll if my phone is horizontal.

—Streamline the menus and put the most popular/current events forums at the top.

—The search feature doesn’t yield great results. Link me to the team page if I search an esports club.

Overall the site is amazing and it’s great that you want to make it even better, thanks.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  16. cabcavlax1

cabcavlax1 Peaked in S37

Discord:
    cabcavlax1#4804
    Ratings:
    +101 / 5 / -11
    - Can there be a feature where you can see the stats for games you played with someone else? Like how now you can see your stats versus someone else, but to see your stats with someone.

- I also think that the NHL shoutbox is confusing for new people. All the other shoutboxes are on their league tabs, but the xbox NHL shoutbox is under the "Forums" tab. So people naturally go to that shoutbox because it seems like it would be the "general" shoutbox.

- Can the AHL cap be raised? seems crazy that the NHL has $10million more to spend. I think it lead to AHL-level players dropping to the CHL.

• Like Like x 3
    cabcavlax1
  17. Silver x47x

Silver x47x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ThAtZ CyLvEr#9606
    Ratings:
    +119 / 18 / -16
    Have advanced stats (record, points, etc) for players vs quality (60 win % or better), average (40-60% wins) or poor (below 40%) opponents.

Scrub hunters and those who accumulate most of their points vs bad players would be easily exposed

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    pschreiner
  18. Chick Hen Nugz

Chick Hen Nugz Father of the Poultry Brotherhood

Discord:
    Chick Hen Nugz#8968
    Ratings:
    +460 / 15 / -43
    I know this suggestion is out there, but something I've spoken about with several people is that it is currently too difficult to find streams. I think adding an LGTV type of tab with all of the available streams for a given league could help in several ways. This could also allow for multiple promoted streams at any given point by relocating promoted streams to the top of this tab. I also think this could help to continue to grow the Site as well as the NHL Esports community.

• Like Like x 4
    chickhennugz
  19. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,684 / 42 / -118
    If this is LG as a whole, then bring on board an elected decision maker. Sick of Brodie and Shorty being biased against people they dislike, it’s ridiculous. Someone should be elected and have the same authority as them. Shorty has a lot of his plate, tbh he could just run the eshl side of things and we elect a LG comish or whatever

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  20. I Risto I

I Risto I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    risto55#0
    Ratings:
    +866 / 79 / -110
    -Just a general idea but maybe a revamp of the gold and plat memberships I haven't brainstormed specific ideas yet but something new to draw more people other than the current perks.
    -The app definitely needs work as mentioned above many times.
    -I think it would be cool to see the hall of fame brought back and easier to find I would think there's people who don't even know it's there. Having more inductions or a process for people to get voted in might be cool. Keeping it difficult to be brought into would be a must.
    -Revamped record page format maybe located somewhere else other than just the drop down. Give it a cleaner look

Edit: I went back to the hall of fame last inductee s16 ozzy obviously well deserving and all that but in that many seasons there has to be at least one more person that could be considered. If there is truly no other person that could be inducted in at least make the hall of fame easier to find or see.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account