LG Overhaul & Improvements

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by TheMainEvent, Jan 30, 2021.

1. mcleve913

mcleve913 #HeatUpEls

Ratings:
    +23 / 2 / -5
    Separate Team rosters! That's so bad having them all linked together imo, also would be nice to navigate from a team page for their info (stats,schedule,roster, sign-ups), not sure about managing issues since I've not taken the journey, but you could probably put some helpful things on there for them also.
    The app is complete garbage besides the sb imo, but better than other league apps ❤
    Good luck with the overhaul!

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. JohnnyV76V

JohnnyV76V LGCHL BOG

Discord:
    JohnnyV76V#5124
    Ratings:
    +239 / 7 / -16
    These are spare of the moment off the top of my head. Some may also have been mentioned above.
    ... IMO:

**Important **

- A better functioning app. the "LG Forum" option from the menu for example,doesn't allow users to view all aspects of the website in a mobile compatible view. Stats pages is a good example. This goes for whether the phone is portrait or landscape. App also doesn't keep me logged in at times. a bit annoying. virtual career page could use overall for more in depth information on a player.

- Downloadable stats databases. Would make it easier for the stats junkies to do media as well as help owners do off-season research on players without navigating to each players personal page. Or without having to find/create an API to do it for them.

**Additional Ideas, Less Important**

- Cleaner Forum management. There are forum posts willy nilly on the homepage for each league making it hard to keep track of all the posts that may or may not be important. There is also like 20 different red marked forum threads in each league. If there was a way to make a single thread as a category title to help clean up forums would be great.

- A more cleanly organized rulebook. I like how its easy to look up all aspects of the rulebook in the forums, however sometimes finding the exact rule you are trying to lookup can be daunting if the user thinks there are multiple categories it could potentially be under. Obviously this isn't the case for everyone, but if sections of the rulebook were a bit clearer or there was a more precise way to search through the rules other than ctrl+F that'd be stellar.

- A centralized SB/Management chat. Whether it be integrating discord into the website, or creating a discord like system within the website, I think this would be beneficial. Everyone uses discord already so having it someplace centralized on the site would seem logical. Would make team chats easier to find and get users into. Not sure what would be the best way to do it, but think this could be a valuable tool for the league. More of a "food for thought" wish.

- A feature where you can see the stats for games you played with someone, not just compare playing against someone.

- A centralized location for all streams active in a league for games. In addition to tying it to each game individually.

• Like Like x 3
    JohnnyV76V
  3. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    I would like to see some new badges that players can earn, like when guys bail against a top line forcing an ecu they can get a "heartless" badge or request a trade right after bidding earns them the "toxic diva" badge. Or guys that show up to play for the worst team in the league in the last 2 weeks of play with 4 ecu's gain the "fearless" badge. Or when an owner suicides his 3rd line all season to pad the stats can get "scrub hunter king" badge

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    berserrkr
  4. Fleury l8l

Fleury l8l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +600 / 17 / -20
    - My only request would be the ability to choose what leagues are displayed on the top bar at the top of the site. You could leave the "default" option as it is now, but maybe add a setting where you could select what leagues you want to be displayed. This would help with navigating the site quicker and more efficiently, it could also help newer players not accidentally signup or interact with the wrong console leagues, etc. Finally, it would also help the players who are in leagues that can only be accessed through forums like WJC, TCHL, etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. XxKILLABEATZxX

XxKILLABEATZxX www.leaguearena.com

Discord:
    xxkillabeatzxx#0
    Ratings:
    +43 / 12 / -9
    I’m sure it was already mentioned but player searching should be easier. Type in the players tag and bam there profile stats and everything are right there. The search function of LG is a little clunky

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    XxKILLABEATZxX
  6. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    Put player statuses back on their profile pages. it used to be there. why was it taken away? On top of that, add a filter in the stats page for player status so that a manager can easily sort by Prospects when reviewing stats for the draft.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Markz_51
  7. Twistafied

Twistafied #89

Discord:
    Twist#2803
    Ratings:
    +676 / 22 / -58
    i think stats are one of the coolest/most unique things on the site.

Yet I can't even see the Saucer Pass column when viewing league stats - it's buggy. I also think it would be easy to add some other unique stats like Total Penalties Drawn, passes attempted, etc. Might as well go all in if possible and fix how buggy the stats page can be. I've also noticed for Goalies, you can't even see their save percentages in each game without clicking games individually.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Twistafied
  8. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    For the sake of inexperienced/new owners maybe add the ability to sort by stats for the available players from the previous season on the bidding and draft pages.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. ToneCarbone

ToneCarbone Legend

Discord:
    ToneCarbone#7610
    Ratings:
    +109 / 31 / -30
    I'd like to expand on this idea....
    • Searching a players previous LG name would bring up there current name. This would help do away with people changing their names in attempt to dodge bids.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    ToneCarbone
  10. XxKILLABEATZxX

XxKILLABEATZxX www.leaguearena.com

Discord:
    xxkillabeatzxx#0
    Ratings:
    +43 / 12 / -9
    it will also help new managment and managment moving up a league find players

• Winner Winner x 1
    XxKILLABEATZxX
  11. stammerchel

stammerchel Well-Known Member

Discord:
    stammerchel#8489
    Ratings:
    +281 / 5 / -29
    An overhaul for the mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    stammerchel
  12. Wzia

Wzia SotD: Fighting by Yellowcard

Discord:
    wzia.#0
    Ratings:
    +2,078 / 137 / -204
    So we have the option to see Player vs Player stats, but I was wondering if there was a way to see your matchup history against all people you’ve played against. At the least, it would be interesting to see the top 10-20 guys I’ve played against the most instead of just guessing.

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. mgb2092

mgb2092 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mgb2092#1919
    Ratings:
    +78 / 1 / -13
    I know you are trying to promote those who stream and promote your product, but I can’t be the only one who despises the pop up stream everytime I open a new window on the mobile app.

-fix mobile app in general and allow lineups to be set from the app (unless it currently is available in which case it needs to be more obvious or simplified)

-no more mid season schedule changes for profit driven event (CBJ I’m looking at you), especially without a vote

- end of year feedback for BoGs or a grading scale. Some are awesome and helpful and others are well...not so much.

- someone else already said this but the stats about strength of schedule and opponents can linemates would be a great addition for both award time and also for in depth scouting prior to each season

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    mgb2092
  14. Pageau44x

Pageau44x Pesky Pageau

Ratings:
    +9 / 6 / -5
    Have to do something about double tagging with VPNS as well as kids who are too young for this site. In my opinion it causes toxicity by some. Also need to fix the miserable ratings for the defense that happens (biased on that just a little). Maybe update the website and app a little bit to be more technologically savvy as it is very hard to use on the app to get to WJC and other items. Just a few suggestions but love what you guys are doing overall.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Pageau44x

Pageau44x Pesky Pageau

Ratings:
    +9 / 6 / -5
    This, is it!

No Streaming Account
  16. ARoguePineapple

ARoguePineapple Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ARoguePineapple#9357
    Ratings:
    +425 / 2 / -10
    My biggest thing: Can we get a stats page that is free from the site layout restrictions? Or give us the option to view it in such a way that it's just a basic table that's easy and clear to read? Sometimes with how the layout is enforced with the stats page, the information we're looking for is buggy because of the layout.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ARoguePineapple
  17. DaSteelerz

DaSteelerz More than just cool on the internet

Discord:
    dasteelerz#0
    Ratings:
    +187 / 11 / -25
    Make the league about the players by showcasing players. There's a ton of stuff already in place, but could use modernizing. One simple thing could be a sports ticker/splash graphics that will display a "big story" or score that people may want to follow. For example, 2-3 line headlines which when clicked lead to the box score/matchup for playoffs. During the season it could be division matchups/rivalry stuff. It would take a person to do it but with minimal input, which makes it personal and can be aided by the POTW and POT(Night) auto generated content. Each (maybe weekly, or nightly for playoffs) game could have photos and a clip attached. (encourage players to save scoring highlights so we can see what happened)

Player profiles need to be updated as well. On the front page there should show trophies and accomplishments, probably represented with a small logo and then made expandable. These logos could also be put where the motto currently is on forum posts. As well as the teams that these people have been a part of, including the performance of those players during that season etc. This could also really help with scouting etc.

Links to video content. One of the coolest things I thought about LG was the video clip integration from Xbox. It's a shame it's really just been lost and forgotten about. Sharing content is huge nowadays and it's sad that it's not really an option anymore.

Generally the site could use a little dusting up more often like events and old media being archived instead of advertised on the main page until new content drives it out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. ClumsyTurtle13

ClumsyTurtle13 xMAssStAtiC-

Discord:
    xMAssStAtiC-#1607
    Ratings:
    +370 / 2 / -8
    I love what LG has evolved into over the years. My focus is on the stats side. An improved rating system for defenders and goalies is heavily needed. A shut down defensive defenseman shouldn't need to score points in a game to be considered elite for that game if they kept the other team from scoring and/or had a lot of takeaways, etc . The current system favors defenseman who can score way more than it values defenseman who can play good defense. Both scoring and defense is great but defense that is shut down and scoreless is way better than defense that scores and gives up a ton of points/chances. For goalies, I think the win or loss weighs too heavy into their rating. It should be more based on save percentage and shots faced.

My other thing is stats for management would be a cool addition. If I'm not mistaken there isn't a way to look it up currently but we should be able to see the all time records of the guys in management like a head coach stat in real life. You see the team record under that person's management along with any championships or finalists banners. I think that would be a cool touch to encourage management to be even more competitive with their teams to move up those leaderboards.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Xmassstatic
  19. Mugfxrd

Mugfxrd Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Discord:
    Mugfxrd#3022
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -74
    literally everything

• Troll Troll x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    MUGF0RD
  20. Thee_Ghosty

Thee_Ghosty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    thee_ghosty#0
    Ratings:
    +607 / 19 / -101
    A type of number ranking for all players durring bidding. This would help minimize elite players trying to hide in bidding.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account