LG Overhaul & Improvements

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by TheMainEvent, Jan 30, 2021.

1. lastingimpact

lastingimpact Well-Known Member

Discord:
    _deon#0
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -3
    A big problem I've had in trying to find the information I'm looking for is there seems to be two different "team" pages. I try to look at my team's stats, standings etc. so I go to my team locker room by clicking on the image, but all I see there is some forum posts and a basic list of the roster and recent games. During the season I have to click on one of our recent games to go to the game info page, then click on the team image on the left panel, and finally that takes me to the screen that shows everyone's stats, the standings in our division, schedule, etc. All of this should just be one page, when I click on my team locker room I should be able to see all information about my team in there. If there's a quicker way to get there already I don't know what it is, and I'm a web developer for a living.

The other thing is the ajax loading on this site is very outdated and behaves weird. Any time something has to refresh, like when I sign up for a game, it has to refresh the entire "module" which sometimes causes the scrolling to get weird and sends me all the way down to the bottom of the page. I have to scroll back up and repeat for every single game I sign up for. This also happens with things like a draft updating, or when I refresh bidding.

I also feel like things just take too many clicks or are in too many different places. For example I have to hover over my name at the top, go to view profile, and click on a league just to view my own career stats. I feel like clicking on my name on the top bar should just take me to a screen that has all my relevant info: stats, news feed, sign up for games (for all leagues in one place), my current teams, etc. Kind of a personalized "home" page where I can do all the things I have to do regularly on the site.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    lg_lastingimpact
  2. Pawdiddy

Pawdiddy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pawdiddy#0
    Ratings:
    +535 / 84 / -187
    We need a revamp to the draft. We don’t put enough focus on this. We need a stats page for just prospects, that way more Poeple can bring though out the season, and people can talk about them in the media and such. Also need a way to promote the media, get the league more views and such.

• Like Like x 3
    pawdiddy
  3. AcknowledgeMee_

AcknowledgeMee_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    acknowledgemee_#0
    Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -10
    You should make changes to make it easier for people to sign up because it can be very difficult at times for someone new. Also, verifying it’s hard to find for PSN even when you type in the search it does not pop up like it used to.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    acknowledgemee_
  4. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    Does this go here? I'm not sure, but I'm going to put it here anyway.

The 3 games a night needs to go away. There used to be games 5 nights a week & then it went to 4, now 3. Not sure who else has the same mindset but playing all your games in 1 night & being done for the week just feels stupid to me. I know a lot of people like it but I'm sure that there are more than a few who hate playing all their games in one night & being done with them. Then there's the issue of East coasters who can't play the late games due to early morning commitments then that makes things a challenge for the management who wants all a lines games done in a night.

Also, what happened with the ECHL being put in between the AHL & CHL? Thought that was going to be done this season or am I mistaken & did I hear wrong? Granted there isn't 32 ECHL teams to make direct affiliates to each NHL / AHL team but you could add a couple euro teams to the mix to make that happen. It's not like the "sim" part of LG has always been 100% accurate in a "sim" sense. You'd only need 6 teams to fill it. Hell, even pre merger when it was VHL the CHL teams were directly tied to NHL / AHL teams so I don't see why this can't happen now.

Again, not sure if this belongs here but here it is anyway.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Williams x12x

Williams x12x #WillyAfterDark

Discord:
    Williams x12x#8346
    Ratings:
    +730 / 15 / -22
    bananaLooks Dumb.
    I h8 Tris.:eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    Williamsx12x
  6. immortalbmw

immortalbmw ultimate puck stoppah

Discord:
    immortalbmw#0
    Ratings:
    +106 / 4 / -4
    just one minor thing that really makes my OCD kick in :laugh: could the NHL shoutbox be moved to the actual NHL page, much like literally all other leagues are? it gets confusing when i have to, say, click on the NHL area to get stats, look at standings, etc, but have to remind myself to go to the main forum area to get to the shoutbox.

• Like Like x 4
    immortalbmw
  7. Mlvzz

Mlvzz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pxnarin.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,070 / 9 / -35
    Need my fearless badge stat Brodie

pxnarin_
  8. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    GENERAL LEAGUEGAMING IMPROMENTS
    - CREAT A CLUB SEARCH ELO LEADERBOARD - give us a place to play our scrims/club search games. @Brisan x6 pitched this to you bc FIFA does it, basically it includes all LGers and anytime they play each other or scrim it is logged in the API and updated on the site. We can input scores, have monthly leaderboards etc. Club search leaderboards and drop ins are basically dead. We created our own DRAFTS discord so we can play whenever our esports teams arent on and we track elo and it is extremely active, pretty competetive and actually fun. You can hop in with people at any time of the day and people are always looking to play @Hxndry @x Fisher 81 @Gwan @ScaryJoeyy @Desyd19 @jonlol @Arctic Blur @Kpy86 @Coreymac27 all volunteer to admin it and it has run smooth for awhile now. You can add a starter/pro/all star roles for people to move up and down from elo. We have east and west lobbies and its probably killed site traffic bc weve all just been in there the past month instead of using the LG website to chat/gather. Weve been asking for this for about 4 years now and finally just made our own bc scrims were becoming scarce as so many events were going on and people dont want to scrim without their full 5 (G doesnt matter fro scrims) but still wanna play chel. This has also been a fantastic way to scout as we have gotten to play with many people we dont normally play with. Its essential LG NHL drop ins with g7/1st/2nd/3rd liners) all in a discord together and then we have a higher tier (pro tier) option as well. Additionally, we played with 12 people in the party and stream it and it seems to be much more entertaining than a normal scrim or reg szn event game

- All esports stuff combined into one place (the events can have their own pages but put each event or re-do every esports and pro series things weve ever done under 1 league and category) example (SJS/CAPs/ESHL/ProSeries/CBJ all combined under an esports portion on peoples profiles for reviewing stats and scouting)

- MORE CHEL stream promotions - we need to promote ALL chel events, vs/hut/6s/3s and even other sites events. The more views for chel, the more sponsors are interested. The more people see the streams the more views there are and they possibly come to the site from that and sign up and join our league

- Promote LGHL better, there are over 200,000 EASHL players on Xbox and PSN, we only have 10,000 on LG and NHLgamer for Euro only has about 8,000 all PSN. There is a huge target audience of people who play or are interested in Chel but dont know about LG and 6s. We should be doing all we can to get them to sign up and participate and grow our leagues and our community. We need to find ways to reach out to them or advertise/promote ourselves to them. That being said, LG needs to find a way to get all these TC guys in games. The leagues need to expand or we need to switch to a club style league like NHLgamer as the primary league, or expand LG to more lines or just more leagues. MGMT can and will be hard to find bc there is no incentive, just a lot of headaches and being held to a higher standard and penalized or getting in trouble more for small minor shit.

MORE MEDIA - The media around here has fallen off dramatically for Leagues and esports besides esports game of the weeks. Most of it is fear of being banned or getting in trouble for crossing a line while joking or chirping, but most of it is just everyone is so spread out with esports and LG. We need to find a way for media teams to consistently produce media or the sit to do it for us with the weekly rankings put into a magazine or something interesting

STATS - All the new stats displayed on the main stats page, interceptions, shots, shot attempts, passes per game, pass %, giveaway takeaway ratio as well

SITE IMPROVEMENTS
    - old chatbox archives you can search
    - remove some emotes in the chatbox and add some new ones
    - the NEWSFEED for each league as a TICKER below the chatbox of each league (LGHL Xbox on the main page)
    - Site promotions (each league have their game of the night at each time pushed to their league forum every night)
    - Site promotions (a promotion of XBOX only main page, xbox ahl, xbox chl and PSN only added psn nhl ahl chl)
    - Site promotions (Make the Main page the Xbox NHL page)
    - LGHL Homepage just be directly to the main page chatbox (the welcome page needs removed tbh)

- Bring back commonly played with for linemates but make some adjustments to it and additions (maybe add a place for us to put who we like)
    - Records for Every NHL seperarte (Example NHL 20 LG s34/35/36, caps s1, cbj s1 - NHL21 lgs37, caps s2, sjs s1 etc) Keep players records in their profiles for each NHL all leagues and events)
    - The player vs player thing is an awesome feature, would love to see it shown off more for esports (records against each other)

LEAGUES
    - more warnings and suspensions before going straight to bans (3 strike rule)
    - Profile/Sign ups 1.) Your average ping on each server 2.) D you like to play with 3.) Fwds you like to play with
    - more leagues for the TC guys and new people who sign up and dont get in games and then never come back and play, 5,000 sign ups on xbox and psn and only about 1,500

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  9. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    I think it would be beneficial if managers were given a review at the end of the season. Like a survey PM goes out to players who played for that manager at any given time during the season and asks them to rate their managers in certain categories. Could be a 1-5 star rating on areas like team building, locker room atmosphere, professionalism, helpfulness, actual talent, etc. Anybody can look good in an owner interview but I think it would be cool to have an actual resume and testimonial from the players who actually played for you to carry with you as you apply for management roles throughout all of LG's leagues and tournaments.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Markz_51
  10. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Overhaul the mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. DJ_DeaThSlapZ85

DJ_DeaThSlapZ85 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DJ_DeaThSlapz85#4265
    Ratings:
    +97 / 77 / -124
    Not sure if this is related to this but as far as improving the competition parts of the league. Limit the number of player name changes or post all of the names they played under. People constantly change their names to play with friends and dodge drafts.

• Like Like x 1
    dj_deathslapz85
  12. SiIky Johnson

SiIky Johnson Player Hater of the Year

Ratings:
    +484 / 23 / -52
    fix the clip system

• Like Like x 1
    silk_stalker
  13. Hellsfyre

Hellsfyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -4
    The Utility player has no place in LG. Stay with me.

The league tries to keep it as realistic an experience as possible. Which is great. However some of us love to be utility players and there is huge value for a team having one that can jump into different positions as needed and they trust that player. Some of the greatest forwards will play D on the power play in real life right?

What about a player type added known as “utility”.

This player must choose 2 or 3 positions. And this player must play one of thier 3 games in a different roll each time.

This will give owners and teams the ability to play a roster player in a spot they need them in. But protect the integrity of the game as this player must identify as a Utility and play based on the rules governing such a player.

This could really add up to create a more positive experience.

• Creative Creative x 3
    HellsFyreNHL
  14. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    MGMT Tools

- Give players a sign up all button
    - Give managers a sign up all button for a player
    - Make it more of a spreadsheet up top, instead of just showing guys 4/9, have it list the days and positions accordingly rather than FWD/DEF/G and how many times they signed up
    - For bidding list players handedness
    - For bidding show players location and their PINGS to servers
    - For trades have a VETO button for owners to go and veto any crazy trades they want BOGs to review (could even just allow us to emote this in discord)

For Site Interaction
    - Need to somehow incorporate discord into the site, LG forced us to switch to discord which was great but it def hurt site traffic and even moreso now that people use it for drafts and to gather rather than the LG chatboxes for gathering to club search or scrim

• Like Like x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  15. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    Official 6v6 pin game lobby that counts toward in game progress. Biggies are sweating every night for no RP right now! Also would bring traffic to LG and away from discord draft servers if EA would permit official LG pin games to count for RP and progress.

Only condition is game must be played in full 60 minutes for RP to keep guys from boosting.

• Like Like x 1
    berserrkr
  16. SiIky Johnson

SiIky Johnson Player Hater of the Year

Ratings:
    +484 / 23 / -52
    need a Qanon Shaman emoji

silk_stalker
  17. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    From the chatbox

Add badges for years at LG. We have a lot of guys that have been here 5,10 and even 15 years. Badges could be a way to flex your status at LG

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Boz E Coyote

Boz E Coyote The Worst

Discord:
    bozzzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +2,296 / 33 / -46
    My team is already made fun of for being full of old washed up scrubs like @TheMainEvent and @Williams x12x though.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    For people who play on both consoles but don't have the same tag on both, maybe list what their xbox and psn tags are on the popup box when you click on their name in the shoutbox. It makes things a bit easier when looking to play in a shoutbox but your xbox or psn tag doesn't match your LG username.

You could also add other things like links to their twitter and twitch if they have them connected.

No Streaming Account
  20. Krauwm

Krauwm You are human, I am machine.

Discord:
    Krauwm#9373
    Ratings:
    +193 / 7 / -26
    Korean flag emote. HELLO!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account