AIM or MSN should be a requirement for the League

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by MixMasterMike, May 13, 2004.

1. mnkytrix

mnkytrix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Goto your PROFILE and select "yes" on Pop up window on new Private Message:. As Darthor said, it also depends on what browser you are using. I used Opera for awhile and had pop-ups turned off, so I never received a pop-up even when I got a message.

No Streaming Account
  2. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why dont you whiny babies ( that have PC's ) just cave in and download both MSN and AIM? I personally hate MSN but I use quite often to get my games scheduled. As for PM's they are just too slow in my opinion. So anyways I don't think downloading AIM and MSN should be a league req but i PROMISE you guys it would make scheduling games for some of you ALOT easier.

No Streaming Account
  3. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MP, as XBoXJon once taught me when I asked him basically what you just said about the PM's being slow to get a reply, it all depends on how quickly the original recipient of the Private Message gets on, realizes he has a new private message, reads it, and then sends a reply for you to get one back. So if it is somebody say like me who is on quite a lot during the day unless on vacation, you should expect a quick response, but if it is somebody else that doesn't come on as much, maybe about every three days minimum, it will take that long for you to get a response.

Thanks for trying to help me figure it out mnkytrix. But I believe I have figured out what the problem was....whenever I turn my computer on, my anti-virus software (Norton), has a pop-up blocker. I might mess with the configuration of the pop-up ad blocker to allow any from leaguegaming, as I know that there aren't any of those annoying pop's apart from to say that you have now received a new private message.

No Streaming Account
  4. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And the attitude I was referring to shows itself ;)

As for me, if I'm on League Gaming then I'm online. I check frequently but I also have to share a computer with a few other people.

No Streaming Account
  5. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

<---- Just sick of all the whiny posts about communication. Personally I dont EVER have any problems.

No Streaming Account
  6. MixMasterMike

MixMasterMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't ever have any problems either. What I meant about the messengers is this: during the day, you will find that you have time to play a game or two. In this case, you would walk to your computer, turn it on, load up a messenger, and check to see if any prospective opponents are currently online. If none get online during the time that you are online on the messenger, then get on again some other time when you have a bit of free time to kill. It's not that hard. I'm not telling you to put off your family lives, I'm telling you that just asking if your opponent can play right then and there is the absolute best way one can do things. It's worked wonders in the NHL league, all of us there have messengers, and I doubt anyone even uses the PM's because of how simple the messengers are. You guys feel free to continue using PM's or whatever, but if ya got a game scheduled with me, check out for me on AIM or MSN... I'm online nearly 24/7 anyway.

No Streaming Account