ATTN: Canadian Voters

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Tris10, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Again, this is over you head, you are seeing this from a different point. You are saying taking a pill and NOT creating a life, and aborting and KILLING a life is the same. "1:1" as you said. That has to be the worst education for someone to believe that. You are seeing this from the numbers point of view, not the moral point of view. Whether or not a female should choose is not what I'm talking about, I don't believe anyone here, especially us men, should go there. Why your friend choose to abort, is between that friend and whomever they want to share that with. I couldn't care less whether it was right or wrong, that not my business. But the statement you said about it being the same to KILL someone (abortion), and to PREVENT a life from ever being made (pill), is morally wrong.

Killing anyone is wrong. Whether 5 years old, or 5 weeks old. But you can't kill someone that doesn't exist. Maybe this is getting through to you.

EITHER WAY, EVERYONE JUST BE HAPPY YOUR MOTHER'S DIDN'T CHOOSE TO ABORT!

:)

No Streaming Account
  2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    jesus you people

listen to me, can the fetus live on it's own after 3 months (thats the period that major development is over and the final 6 months are left to grow)

NO!!!, so it's not independantly living , it still is an egg at that point as far as i'm concerned.

And don't ever say i'm "over my head" again in this topic...

3. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how do Doctors perform abortion?

2 ways

1. Dilation and Extraction method (known as D & X) - Over two days the cervix is dilated. Then an ultrasound device and forceps are used to reach in and grab the baby?s feet. The little body is pulled downward until just the head remains in the cervix. Next the abortionist grasps the nape of the neck and cuts open the back of the skull with blunt scissors. A device called a cannula is then inserted into the wound and the brain material is sucked out. If kidneys or other organs are desired, they are removed while the child is still partially in the vagina. Initially at least, these surgical procedures are performed on a live baby who has not specifically been anesthetized (although the mother?s medication may reduce some of the pain).

2. Dilation and Curettage (known as D & C) - in which a tiny hoe is used to chop the baby?s body to pieces. The body is then scraped off the wall of the uterus and subsequently reassembled to ensure that no remaining parts have been left behind. Other methods include:

a. Saline Solution ? a salt solution is injected into the amniotic fluid, burning the skin off the baby who, after thrashing in the uterus for a number of hours, is reduced to a shriveled corpse;

b. Suction ? presently two-thirds of all abortions in the United States and Canada are carried out using a suction tube, which tears the child apart and deposit the pieces into a jar;

c. Hysterotomy ? similar to a Caesarean section, except it is designed for the express purpose of killing rather than saving the baby;

d. Prostaglandin ? the injection of a chemical into the uterine muscle, causing it to react violently, thus expelling the preborn child (the few children who survive decapitation resulting from the violent contractions are exterminated after delivery).

will you allow a woman whom you know to undergo this kind of "medical procedure"? lets forget about theology or philosophy for a while, and lets look onto science how they establish on when life begins.

As Dr. Micheline Matthew-Roth, a principal research associate at Harvard Medical School?s Department of Medicine, puts it, "It is scientifically correct to say that an individual human life begins at conception, when egg and sperm join to form the zygote, and this developing human always is a member of our species in all stages of its life." ---- The Human Life Bill , S. 158, Report Together with Additional and Minority Views to the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, made by its Subcommittee on Separation of Powers, 97th Congress, 1st Session (1981), 11; quoted in Beckwith, 43.

Dr. Hymie Gordon, professor of medical genetics and a physician at the prestigious Mayo Clinic, best summarized the perspective of science when he said, "I think we can now also say that the question of the beginning of life ? when life begins ? is no longer a question for theological or philosophical dispute. It is an established scientific fact. Theologians and philosophers may go on to debate the meaning of life or purpose of life, but it is an established fact that all life, including human life, begins at the moment of conception." ------- The Human Life Bill, S. 158, Report, 9; quoted in Beckwith, 42.

No Streaming Account
  4. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sperm and egg when they meet to form a zygote, its already a LIFE FORM. they continue to divide and go on to developmental stage. now, a "dead" or "not a life form" for me is stagnant and not active, doesnt mutate or whatever. but zygote is a LIFE FORM. yes, it relies on the mother's womb, as we are relying to OXYGEN to breathe and have LIFE. but when you abrutply STOP the process of a "Life Form" i dont know what will you call it.

No Streaming Account
  5. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is exactly the point that I'm trying to say, which is why I'm saying (in the least insulting way) is "over his head". He is a programmer, and probably doesn't follow the SCIENCE of this...which I'm sure I know more about then he does. I'm not picking fights here, or saying he is wrong, but this is just my OPINION which I am trying to defend over his. I'm glad I don't live in Canada. So just don't bother, he doesn't understand. He is trying to defend his point, which apparently no one else sees but him. That is why I will once again say that this is a tough subject that people will not change minds on.

No Streaming Account
  6. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Because he doesnt agree with you doesnt mean its 'over his head'. What a ridiculous way to argue.

I understand his point, maybe its over your head. But im staying out of this because its a useless argument, either you're pro-choice or anti-abortion and no one is going to convince anyone to change their mind.

No Streaming Account
  7. Pinstripe Moose

Pinstripe Moose Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    True dat!

No Streaming Account
  8. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some people need to relax and remember that you're arguing about abortion on a VIDEO GAMING website. LMAO :laugh: People get so mad about other people's opinions. If anyone was an expert on this topic they wouldn't be here. Let it go already. Anyway in an attempt to break the ice here you guys go. Seems relevant in light of how the topic has changed direction. Politically incorrect but relevant. :wink:

[​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  9. Pinstripe Moose

Pinstripe Moose Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Darthor that rules!!! A friend of mine sent that to me a month ago and I just cracked up...it's so bad...but so funny. And since I'm going to hell anyway I can still laugh at it!

No Streaming Account
  10. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Exactly. :D

No Streaming Account