Current Rulings - Action Center Items - BOG Introductions - Stats - Rules to Know

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by Viva la Surf, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Viva la Surf

Viva la Surf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    If you read the title of this thread, you are aware that there is a good amount of information that will be covered here. Most of this information is a repeat of what can be found in the proper sections within the LG website or within this LGFA tab, but it has become increasingly apparent that some individuals are either not aware of where that information can be found (or too lazy to look for it) so this will highlight current items of importance. If this is one of those "Too Long Didn't Read" type of things, I have absolutely no sympathy for you failing to comply with any of the things noted in this post and included in this thread.

I will cover the following items:

I. Current Rulings
    II. Action Center
    III. BOG Introductions
    IV. Stats
    V. Rules to Know

Section I - Current Rulings:

As can be found in the Action Center (how to access is discussed in the next section) there are rulings that have been appropriately made throughout the last few weeks as Season 2 has started. Currently, there are some rulings that have a few individuals upset. The first of these individuals is upset over things that took place in Season 1 and rulings that were made weeks ago for Season 2. I have no response or comment on Season 1 rulings, but I will simply note that all Season 2 rulings have been made and have been done so in proper fashion. Now that these rulings have been made, this individual is still upset and continues to harp in the chat box with what can be deemed as inappropriate behavior. He has now received a 24-hour chat box ban and if he still can not control his reactions and behavior to rulings that have been made weeks ago, he will receive a continued chat ban at a minimum.

The next individual, who was also at the center of the prior individuals complaints, is also upset over current rulings that have been made. He feels that there was collusion between an owner and a group of players throughout the league, one of which is on his team. He submitted information multiple times and rulings were made or reinforced. If I was an owner like I was last season, I might say something such as "little taste of your own medicine" or "karma" but as a BOG, I will note that there have been items put in place that will be highlighted in the Rules to Know section below that help these type of situations.

As you can tell by tweets and other posts, this individual is a child. He might want to think he is a grown-up or old enough to not be considered a child, but his behavior does not grant him his wish at this time. He has a reading comprehension issue, has failed to grasp the basic interpretation of the rules and rulings made and I'm sure if you told him the sky was blue or water was wet, he'd argue otherwise. He too has received a 24-hour chat box ban and is currently serving his suspension from an earlier ruling. He is unable to play this evening as he is suspended for the first two games. If he was to violate that ruling and participate in games this evening, that would not be in his best interests and will be dealt with severely.

In summary, both of these individuals can be welcomed additions to this league and help us create a competitive environment that we all enjoy and why we've all decided to play here. I have no issue with them as individuals when they participate and interact civilly. When they cross boundaries, they are dealt with. The same treatment will be applied to others who display similar behaviors.

Section II - Action Center

For those who are unfamiliar, the Action Center is available to submit numerous complaints. In addition, you can also see the history of those Action Center items and how we've ruled on those items.

To submit a complaint: LGFA - - - > Action Center - - - > My Action Center
    To see recent actions: LGFA - - - > Action Center - - - > Recent Actions

The BOG will always provide as much information as they can when they make a ruling. There should be no confusion to how we reached a ruling in every single matter.

Section III - BOG Introductions

Phillyfan765: He is the commissioner. He interacts with Tris10 and is there to oversee his BOG lieutenants who handle the daily interactions and day-to-day procedures of the league. He oversees the management forum and solicits inputs for league-wide rulings in that setting. For example, when it comes to Super Bowl Sunday, he created a thread and poll. He is currently in the D.C. area and will be most of these kids boss in 15 years.

nine10thsof1sec: He is the deputy commissioner. He assists Philly with everything noted in his description and is the second to last resort for items that need to be elevated. Elevated items only come from the BOG lieutenants and not from an individual player.

KCNightshade: He is one of the lieutenants. In his own words, he is the community manager. He solicits new ideas on how you think the league can be improved. He is best to have private conversations with and to discuss ideas for improvement. He is the best bet for the younger guys in the league who can't handle the intelligence of Viva, are intimidated by the "Best CB in LGFA" or miss their Grandpa and avoid Nutty.

Rushpac: He is one of the lieutenants. He is the media manager and responsible for the Team of the Week (TOTW) and other enhancements to improve the player experience. His focus is on proper stats. He is also available in the chat box and helps provide advice and thoughts when he can.

Viva la Surf: He is one of the lieutenants. His focus and emphasis is on player communication in the chat box, PMs and forum posts. He is best at handling immediate concerns or issues that arise and will elevate issues or concerns to the entire BOG or even the site-owner as necessary. Also acts as the author for most, if not all Action Center items that do not involve him or a member of his current club.

Nutty Grandpa: He is one of the lieutenants. His focus is on management performing their responsibilities for in-game and post-game management. You don't enter stats on time, he will be up in your grill.

Section IV - Stats

This is of vital importance for the success of this league. There are so many neat tools available to us such as recording in-game clips for highlights, live broadcasting games and making those available for replay and other things that are very nice enhancements. With up to 11 guys per team per game and a minimum of 8, there is no excuse that is acceptable for why a team can not gather the stats for their team. Even if you fail to hit the start button at the end of the game and only have 30 seconds to gather stats, that is plenty of time.

As we've noted and stated, each team is responsible for their own stats. To gather/record them and then to enter them will take a handful of minutes.

How can you properly record stats? There are plenty of options such as twitching your game, having "xbox record that" or even taking pictures as you scroll through the main screen and then the individual player rating screens. We are aware that there are two ways of getting individual player ratings be it scrolling at the main page upon completion or by scrolling in the stats section. The choice is up to management as to what they think is best.

:arrow: If players want to help in this process, take a screen shot or record your individual stats and post an attachment or clip of those stats

There are other threads that discuss this topic but in summary, there are simply no excuses that are valid for not gathering or entering stats. Could we capture different stats or are some more valuable than others that we don't currently record. . . absolutely. But that does not take away the responsibility of recording and inputting stats.

Section V - Rules to Know

I will highlight some rules to know here and will add them to this thread as the season progresses or something needs further clarification for all to see. This is a reminder here that there are plenty of rules and an entire rule book to read and understand. The attitude and approach of "I didn't know" is not an excuse. EVERYTHING is there for the individual player and management to read and follow. BOG is also there to help point you towards the rules.

To reinforce items that are at the center of some current issues, let's discuss the TC players. Currently, TC players are not allowed to submit a trade request prior to them playing in 3 league sponsored games. This could be games for their team or in the TC games that are hosted throughout the week. There were two instances of TC players submitting these trade requests and as responded to in the Action Center, those requests were denied.

Now, this does not prevent management from trading a TC player. Individuals on management can manage their team however they see fit. If there is some team inquiring about a TC player that has never played and management hasn't seen them, how they chose to process that is their own personal choice. We have individuals who are on the extreme end of how they'd treat TC players and both of those extremes are well within the rights of management. BOG will simply enforce the rule that a TC player can not request a trade until minimum games played has been met.

How TC players are handled is something that we discussed at length before this season started. This is not perfect at the moment and we are having continued discussions how to improve the TC process for next season.

Now, to discuss player tampering and player rights. We have the child mentioned earlier who wasn't upset but then says he is upset with the ruling and has always been upset. I can't figure it out, but I digress. He submitted information that showed that management of Chelsea had asked if a specific player was available. He said he was not available and then shortly after, the player submitted a trade request. Does that look funny? It sure does, but hearsay and circumstantial are not how rulings are made. Had the BOG received evidence that Chelsea management had explicitly stated to this individual that they should now submit a trade request, that would have been a very clear violation of the rules and would have been revoked and proper punishment made. Please re-read that entire paragraph as I can not state that any more simply.

For player rights, every single player has them. To continue with this example, the player submitted a trade request as is well within his rights. At the time of his request, he was on the 18-man roster so there is no minimum game requirement that applies. As every player should know, they get one trade request per year. One. Within that trade request, that player noted the team he'd like to play for. There is clearly some confusion with how the rule is written that does not differentiate between a 'request' and a 'demand' and the BOG has helped resolve that confusion. . .

A player is fully within his rights to make a trade request and then note the team that he'd like to play for. That is where his rights stop. The control of where he is ultimately traded, if he is traded at all, is then in the hands of management. Management can honor his request and trade him to the team he prefers, or they can trade him elsewhere. If he is not traded within two weeks and if he has not rescinded his request by the end of that two weeks, that player is then put on waivers and available for every team to submit a waiver request.

In addition to the above, we've already noted that if a player is traded to a team he does not want to play for and then stops submitting his availability or refuses to play, the team that traded that player will not be responsible for any type of compensation. The BOG will ensure that any player who has made a trade request and has requested a specific team, that information will be made available as it is something to take into consideration. Will that potentially hamper this player's trade value? Sure, it absolutely could, but it is the best course of action to take.

That concludes this message. We will continue to share information league-wide that is important for all to have access to and understand.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  2. You Got Trumpd

You Got Trumpd I Only Pass

Ratings:
    +215 / 5 / -4
    lol. Good read besides little things here and there. that i won't be getting into
    [MENTION=9430]Rushpac[/MENTION] if you need anything for TOTW let me kno and i will try to help you out

You_Got_Obamad
  3. Ao I DiLo

Ao I DiLo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    lol what a joke

OutlawsFCTV
  4. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    "Too Long Didn't Read"

• Like Like x 1
    tino45
  5. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    So good read, little things here and there, yet you tweet out "Fail" in your message?

You have one of two options here as far as I see them You Got Obamad:

1) You can openly share your comments and let myself and others know what those little things are, or;

2) You can post thing such as "Fail" and put your self in the crowd of whining individuals who complain, bitch and moan but don't take option 1.

Knowing you a bit, I'll hold out hope that you'll eventually come around.

No Streaming Account
  6. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Always entitled to your opinion. Your approach and demeanor is all on you.

No Streaming Account
  7. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Glad to see you appear to have made it through at least one paragraph of the original post. Well done.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. You Got Trumpd

You Got Trumpd I Only Pass

Ratings:
    +215 / 5 / -4
    you have no idea what i was talking about viva. has nothing to do with staff etc

You_Got_Obamad
  9. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your clarification. Offer still stands for any of those little things you mentioned. Hit me up in a PM or on XBOX anytime if you'd like to discuss. Thanks!

No Streaming Account
  10. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Posting the following as a reminder to all management and participants:

1. Please keep in mind TC Players are only allowed 1 game per week.

Voting Results:

1. Each Team is required to handle their own stats if stats are not put in by 8 am the following day than punishments may be given.

2. Lines are required to be in by 8 pm the day of game

3. Trades will be approved daily up until 6PM EST and starting again at 11PM EST

No Streaming Account
  11. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Before it comes up, please note that there was an error by a member of the BOG who noted in a private chat DiLo that he could choose any two games this week for his suspension. Even though the ruling was clear as can be, it is clearly noted that DiLo has reading comprehension issues.

That said, since a member of the BOG noted that he could choose any two games this week, we've made an exception.

Going forward, and as we've noted in a recent Action Center item, any private chat, xbox message or similar item that contradicts a ruling to an action center item or an item posted in this thread will be null and void.

No Streaming Account
  12. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Lollll...more funny than ever

No Streaming Account
  13. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    DiLo is still suspended for two games. There was no change in that ruling. I'm glad that things in this league are humorous to you.

No Streaming Account
  14. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Yup the double-standard are....but whatever...

No Streaming Account
  15. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Please point myself and anybody else who would read this thread to a Season 2 Action Center item that would show a double standard. While you are reviewing the action center, please remove all action items on yourself and DiLo and then tell me how many issues the other 250 plus players combined have to date. When you've come up with the number of issues that the other 250 have, let that number sink in for a little bit. Look at it, compare it to the number of action items that you and DiLo have and just let that sink in. Thanks!

No Streaming Account
  16. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9

There is some serious player rights violation here. Why have the rules been changed without the community being given an opportunity to give their opinion and the PA to represent them in a matter that clearly affects them.

Article 2: Scheduling procedure clearly indicates how scheduling should be handled and while the changes benefit management and owners (& debateably players)... (as a previous owner) I know that a large portion of the community would not prefer this change. I know as a current player I do not... simply because I feel it gives owners too much power over players and imbalances the fairness between the two groups and how scheduling is done.

I can elaborate if needed but I will leave this open for reply/comment by anyone for now. Here's what the rules originally said:

2.1 : Player Availability

Availability threads are generated each week in the team locker rooms on Thursday, prior to the week of play.

Players are required post their availability each week in that thread. This is done by selecting your position for the games you're available for, and some management may also require you to post in that thread as well.

2.2 : Deadlines

Players have until 5 PM Sunday, each week, to submit their availability for the upcoming week.

Management is required to have their team's lines posted in the system by the deadline of Sunday at 8 PM.

2.3 : Scheduling Restrictions

2.3.1 : Submitting Availability

Players will be able to play regardless if they submitted availability or not. But also realize that management, as well as the league, reserves the right to issue a removal warning to players for excessively not submitting availability.

Regarding TC players and how they are handled. I have a suggestion which has the potential to be the ideal solution for how the "TC player process" is handled next season.

I also believe requesting a trade or team is not where rights should stop. Management is required to make an effort which currently players have no way of confirming. for this I also have a solution that does not impede on management's tasks. currently players rights can be abused as a result.

• Like Like x 1
    Bottomless_Pit
  17. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    I also want to add - not from a Player Right's perspective but as a previous owner....this harbors poor/bad trades and "dumping" of players unwanted by your team/management. In my opinion the team trading away a player whom performs this behavior afterwards should be the bearer of the responsibility for 2 reasons:

1. to prevent such activity just mentioned
    2. there are already options in place to 'get rid of a player' if needed or desired so badly (regardless of his skill level). I can elaborate on this if needed.

note: No, the player does not have the right to stay with his current team solely based on that being his wish. The player should not have that much power. Again...the solution I hinted at regarding TC players above also has a part to play in potentially improving this debate/issue. (ie. it's not just a TC suggestion...it's a suggestion regarding all players and all teams).

• Like Like x 1
    Bottomless_Pit
  18. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your thoughts and comments Bottomless. Hit me up anytime to discuss your ideas.

As far as the rule changes, I have no ability to add items to the constitution. I have limited abilities on this site at the moment, but those rule changes were voted on by all members of management and were instituted. In a perfect world (if I had the ability), those items would have been a force read. All I can do in the interim is post in the forum and remind every owner individually when I speak with them, etc.

Thanks again for your comments. Constructive and insightful comments are the entire point and absolutely encouraged. Thanks for being an adult and rational thinker. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

No Streaming Account
  19. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Some clarification on the one-game per week for a TC player rule:

As the ruling states, TC players are allowed to play one game per week. That said, the BOG has made a recent ruling as well as an announcement in the chat box that we look at the intent of this rule for rulings with the goal and purpose of having 11 v 11 gameplay. If management is faced with an empty roster spot and no player on the active 18-man roster is available to play, the BOG sees no harm in a TC player getting additional games played if they are available. This is to reward an active TC player and again, to go with our goal and purpose of having 11 v 11 gameplay.

That said, we encourage management to consider making a roster decision if there is an active TC player who has shown more availability than a member of the 18-man roster. Furthermore, if it is reported or found that a TC player was played in favor of a player who was available and on the 18-man roster, this would be an actionable item that management would have to answer to and most likely lead to sanctions by the BOG.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    No Streaming Account
  20. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Just a quick Tuesday afternoon bump in this thread until I get additional website rights.

No Streaming Account