Done with Xbox!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by bunker48, Jan 19, 2008.

1. bunker48

bunker48 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im done with these f.uckin crimnals, Xbox 360 is a piece of s.hit and as of tommorow I am listing my 360 on ebay and I will never buy an xbox product again in my life, worst costumer service I have ever seen. good luck guys but Ive had it with these buttf.uckers.

p.s Ive played NHL08 on Ps3 and its a better game so if anyone else was contimplating a switch trust me its better on ps3.

No Streaming Account
  2. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    I bought a ps3 yesturday, mainly for Blu Ray. But if M$ doesn't get their crap together with live or if my console dies again, there is a good chance it might find it's way up on ebay.

drummerJ99
  3. Colthor

Colthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how is nhl 08 better on the ps3?

No Streaming Account
  4. MusicalMercury

MusicalMercury Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    don't think 08 is but 2k8 is for sure.... smoother, better graphics... I just don't care for the EA title on PS3

No Streaming Account
  5. bunker48

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well my nephew has it for ps3, its faster and feels smoother. The online is free, and you can play more players at a time, bottom line is that its better Ive played both, I own the 360 version obviously, and ya the 360 version is awsome, but the ps3 version is just a little better.

No Streaming Account
  6. NJDEVIL30274

NJDEVIL30274 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    scottyk.#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 2 / -10
    Smoother..really..at 30fps? i went and played nhl07 the other day and the 30fps was making my eyes hurt lol

No Streaming Account
  7. MusicalMercury

MusicalMercury Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you also have to understand that the fps is mainly dictated by your tv, not the system. if your tv will not handly more, you won't get it. most (and I mean most) HD screens run at 60fps except for the high end samsung and sony screens that are a little pricey for my budget. (about $2500 for a 40"). and the PS3 2k8 is only 720p (I see no difference there since my screen is only 720p -- although it has a high contrast ratio 18k:1)

SD tv's don't even do 30fps.... they run at 28fps . (this was part of my course work in college as a broadcasting major). the PS3 runs quieter, graphics on some games are better, and worse on others.... but you can expect that with any system.

No Streaming Account
  8. NYEXTREME

NYEXTREME Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got both ps3 & Xbox 360 version of NHL 08 and must say its better on 360 graphics wise and much smoother cause of the 60fps but i do enjoy playing it on the ps3 it is fun and notice not many quitters on the ps3 end like ppl actually finish the game if there losing and stuff and the online is smooth too no problems here. But as to being better on ps3 than 360 maybe 09 would be good as it should be 60fps i could definately tell the difference going from 360 to ps3 u can see the chopping ness but after a game or so u don't notice it as your eyes gets use to it.

No Streaming Account
  9. Virtual Assassin

Virtual Assassin Champ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Plus the online is free, yeah, but its nowhere near as good. Sure theres been issues lately, but they'll get fixed. Good things come to those who wait.

No Streaming Account
  10. bunker48

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    online not as good for ps3??? what are you talking about man, Why do you think Im selling my xbox?? the online is a ****ing disaster, all round not just nhl08, I have the best cable internet provider in canada I download easily at around 600mbs per second when downloading.

and its not just online, the system itself just sucks it was designed poorly, disc drive never opens, who knows when I'll get the red ring...RUINS GAMES!! (this is my third copy of nhl08) going to the dashbourd can help you play a team game or it can also send you on a trip to EB games to get another copy cause it got scratched to **** by the 360.

and even if ps3 online sucked, at least it sucks for free and not at $10 a month,

I was always a playstation buyer, and I should have never switched, they have always been ahead of xbox,

Halo, Gears of War, who cares they suck anyway, and thats the only advantage xbox has, Im not saying you guys are suckers but dont expect microsoft to ever help you out when you have a problem. unless you dont care at what expense,
    see with microsoft it is all about the $$$ and thats bad business because everyone knows that customers come first, do you think walmart would be where its at today without exellent customer service??? F.uck NO! Its just a sign of a bad company and alot of you guys will soon realize this.

No Streaming Account
  11. MrXpress

MrXpress Pro interception thrower

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I sorta agree about the onilne service. I've never really had a problem with playing over Xbox Live, and I enjoy the features of it like the in-game messaging and invites and such... but then again I've also never had a problem with the free PSN, aside from it being slightly more difficult to find friends to play. Once Sony brings out the in-game XMB and Home, then PSN will be all but equal to XBL, provided everything goes well. One bonus the Xbox does have is that the community is much larger, so usually you can find full servers in the less played games more easily (of course, just as I write this, there's absolutely ZERO ranked games online for Battlestations: Midway on the 360).

I definitely agree about the hardware, and I'd imagine everyone would as well. It's simply an appalling piece of hardware. I can't imagine someone would read the following article and NOT be royally pissed off at Microsoft:

http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archive...about_xbox_360_red_ring_of_death_failures.php

I think it's just the perception that the 360 has a great game collection while the PS3 has nothing, which is far from the case. 360 has some nice exclusives, what with Halo, Gears, Bioshock, Forza, Mass Effect... but PS3 has Warhawk, Resistance, MotorStorm, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, and the best yet to come in MGS and GT5. The way I look at it, XBL is slightly better online, they both have about equal game collections, and the PS3 is far better in terms of hardware, features, and reliability.

No Streaming Account
  12. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Yeah, if Sony was smart they'd copy everything Live has and do is ASAP. I think the PS3 will get sals from Warner go Blu exclusive in June, that leaves only 2 studios backing HD DVD. So the writing is on the wall for Blu to win the format war. With saying that, the only Blu Ray player worth having right now is the PS3, as all the others cannot be updated to support BD 2.0 profiles. So I think that will help sell PS3's. If people see Sony have the exact same features XBL, with hardly any hardware failures. Why would someone stay with M$ after their system dies? Of course another price cut could also really help.

drummerJ99
  13. Malkin71

Malkin71 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand how people say the 360 sucks because they get the RROD like 6 times. I've had my console for a year without it freezing once, no disc read errors, nothing. Live has been great in my opinion, besides the few days around the holidays. I myself was a Sony man before as well but i switched to Microsoft and couldn't be happier. Maybe you just have bad luck?

No Streaming Account
  14. bunker48

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ya probly us millions of people all coincidentaly just have bad luck.
    do you read before you post things? I mean thats just a dumb thing to say.

No Streaming Account
  15. KerrZee

KerrZee Im Back!!!!

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    easy pal, go play your ps3

No Streaming Account
  16. shockazulu

shockazulu Jarkko Ruutu

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There are literally 3 games that have come out in the last year or so I would get for PS3.

I have over 25+ games for 360.

The obvious choice in the last yr for gaming fun has been Xbox 360...

Until developers figure out the PS3, which I'm betting they will...

and when good games consistently get released...I'll go out and buy a PS3...simple as that.

It may begin with The Show...especially if 2K8 sucks for 360.

Red ring of death...I don't give a flying ****...

I've sent 2 360s in and bought 1 after that...probably gonna pick up an Elite or a better SKU if one comes out...I want a bigger HD and HDMI.

No Streaming Account
  17. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Some people actually expect to get what they pay for. If the company I work for put out products with such a high failure rate as M$, not only would we be sued, we'd be out of business. While I agree that the PS3 doesn't really have the games yet or the ones that are on both seem to be better for the 360. The PS3 having Blu Ray was also one of the main reason I went ahead and picked a PS3 up. Considering the cheapest Stand Alone Blu Ray player was $399, only made sense to pick up a PS3.

If my 360 dies again, it'll find it's way up on eBay after M$ replaces.

drummerJ99
  18. Colthor

Colthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm trading in my Wii for a PS3. I will not give up my 360 though. For me, online gaming is the most important part.

No Streaming Account
  19. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kind of just sounds like you are throwing around of opinionated statements. Saying Gears of War and Halo suck? You are in the minority that agree with that. If you don't like the 360...don't play it. Nobody is forcing you to.

No Streaming Account
  20. MrXpress

MrXpress Pro interception thrower

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Heh, I'll be devil's advocate for a second and say that if you want to participate in a league on LG, then yes, you are 'forced' to use the 360.

No Streaming Account