Done with Xbox!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by bunker48, Jan 19, 2008.

1. bunker48

bunker48 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

that was opiniated, probably a little, ok those games definatly do not suck however halo 3, for me was no different than halo 2! and gears of war was fun but it was also very repeditave, what I mean is that you dont get many variations of game play.

You know there really isnt any innovation in those games, and thats what pushes the boundaries thats what were all here for, too try somthing new!!When I read about Rockstar buying out a company I think called endorphin, which uses an engine that replicates real physics ie. if you were to throw a body off a cliff how it would actually react to its environment tumbling to the ground.... That to me is innovative, and they're using it in GTA4. also I think the new battlefield is to have a totally destructive environment, thats Innovative,

I dont think you can rate a system on its first wave of next gen games, I think its more about the second and third wave of games

I Think people only really love these games because they either buy into the hype or they look around at what else has come before it and think its everything they want in a game when it really isnt...

here's an example, "Guitar hero" ... I see alot of people in this team league play that game, and Im sure for some people thats fun, its doing its job in that its entertaining us... but dont tell me that the game is innovative!!!, I think I recall a similar game on ps1 called "parappa the rappa" ...what was that like 10 years ago?

besides nhl 08, There hasnt been anything stand out for me yet on the 360... and I say NHL only because it sucked for so long until this year.

No Streaming Account
  2. shockazulu

shockazulu Jarkko Ruutu

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    <--- Hates Halo 3...

I can't stand the online...everyone just grabs shotguns, and shoots and melees...

Plus they took out the only game mode I like to play, 8v8 Big Team Battle...(CTF and bomb and stuff)

So I've played Halo once in the last 2 months.

Gears of War, was great, I played it non stop for a good few weeks...co-op w/ my friend, beat it twice for the acheivments...I don't like the competitive multiplayer, so I haven't played that in forever, but still a great game.

Bioshock, was cool, not much replay value tho.

No Streaming Account
  3. shockazulu

shockazulu Jarkko Ruutu

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can understand people being pissed that the product doesn't last...

But I just can't understand...selling the console, just because it might break again, thats like saying "My sick Corvette broke down once, after I get it back from the dealership...I'm selling that piece of crap"

It seems like a weird principal.

No Streaming Account
  4. MusicalMercury

MusicalMercury Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jeffery... this has already happened. Warner went BD excl around the first of the year. That was what pushed me to pick up the PS3. the major studios on each are as follows... (I might have missed one in there... sorry if I have)

BD: Disney, Sony pictures, Fox, Warner Bros

HD- DVD: Unversal, Paramount, Dreamworks

The other studios tend to release on both, but at this time, that is what I remember.

No Streaming Account
  5. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Yeah but that doesn't actually come into affect until June. Warner Bros will still be selling releasing HD DVD's until May 31st.

drummerJ99
  6. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Again, all matters of opinion. Case in point, you say NHL 08 was a stand out game. I don't think alot of our hardcore football fans really cared that hockey was good....because they prefer football. There are alot of longtime 360 gamers on this site that are continually purchasing games that bring them hours and hours of gaming bliss. I can't wait for GTA 4, and I can't wait for Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and I can't wait for GOW 2. I am not sure how you can say Gears of War was not innovative.

No Streaming Account
  7. bunker48

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well you tell me how it was innovative?, As far as know the only thing they did that was different was using cover while in a gun fight. sure the graphics were amazing but I'll take gameplay over graphics anyday... I played the single player and multiplayer the single player was better but not by much.

Im a casual gamer so maybe you are more hardcore into videogames, than I am but If I spend 70$ on a game it'd better be good!

And I agree that these are all opinions of mine, but still your not following me!!!
    Yes, NHL08 is not something that hardcore football fans are going to wanna play, or maybe it is, I dont know and I dont care...

My point is that The game NHL 08 has evolved about 10 years in one year...
    I cant even play NHL07 it is nothing like tNHL08 (except maybe the controls). NHL08 is the most realistic videogame interpretation of the sport

It already happened to madden years ago!!! .... NHL08 is like When Madden 2001 came out for the ps2, Its just lightyears ahead of the others, thats the point I was making.

BTW Did anyone ver play the game tribes??? This game was breaking barriers when it was released, It to this day IMO changed how online games are played more so than halo ever did...... another one 10 years ago!!!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  8. xCHAMPx75

xCHAMPx75 xCHAMPx75

Ratings:
    +36 / 3 / -4
    i like the controllers better for xbox360. as for game i'm sure it'sgood on both system.

No Streaming Account
  9. xCHAMPx75

xCHAMPx75 xCHAMPx75

Ratings:
    +36 / 3 / -4
    bring back sega... they goofed by not going with ea.. if they had ea in there corner they'd probably still be around today..lol

No Streaming Account
  10. RAINMAKER512

RAINMAKER512 Da Pothead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sony sucks end of story! wouldn't play a ps3 if u gave me one. the should stick to makin tvs.

No Streaming Account
  11. RAINMAKER512

RAINMAKER512 Da Pothead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sounds like bunker works for sony. sony sucks for making games, online,etc. I want Bill gates in my corner end of story.

No Streaming Account
  12. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Why cause he's sick of M$'s crap? Give me a break. The Xbox 360 is the only electronic device I've ever known to have a such a high failure rate. While I agree, M$ has the right idea and better features with live (when it works) but Sony didn't half ass throw their system together just to be the first on the market. The only thing hurting Sony right now is including Blu-Ray. While I think in the long run it'll help sell PS3's, right now if you'll not into the whole format war it's kinda stupid to buy a PS3 as their aren't any must buy games.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
    drummerJ99
  13. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what I want to know is how much money did you get for your 360 when you sold it on ebay?? I have a ps3 and a wii, although ms is having problems now I will still stand strong with the 360. Anyways good luck with your ps3 gaming!!

No Streaming Account
  14. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've had an XBox 360 since June of 2006. I've had a PS3 since shortly thereafter.

XBox 360
    • Has scratched 2 copies of NHL2K7 and 2 copies of NHL08, with the discs still inside the tray under normal operating conditions.
    • I've had both the RROD and the disc tray hardware failures.

PS3
    • Played FIFA World Cup, Motorstorm, FIFA 08, and F1.
    • Played Blu-Ray movies on a regular basis.
    • Has been FLAWLESS

Now I very much enjoy the leagues here and I have no plans to get rid of my 360 at this time. That said, there is only one game I envision myself buying for the 360 in the next 12 months, and that is NHL 09 (in order to keep playing in the leagues here).

There are a handful of PS3 titles I intend on purchasing in the next 12 months or so. Any movies I purchase I do so in Blu-Ray format.

Should my 360 break down again, I can all but guarantee that I will not be replacing it with a third unit. No matter how much I enjoy the leagues here I simply cannot justify continuing my support for a product that has in my opinion excessively high hardware failure rates. Combined with the on-going problems with XBox Live it just isn't worth the money.

If I had more time to play games I'd likely be spending more time with my PS3. As it stands right now I am very involved in the team and individual leagues for NHL 08 and I have little time for anything else (outside of work and family).

Should the day come that my 360 breaks yet again, or more accurately, when the day comes that my 360 breaks yet again, I will stick with the PS3 and will look into the feasability of starting a PS3 hockey league in conjunction with the best gaming site out there: Leage Gaming.

Peace!

15. bunker48

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well put.

I will also be on the lookout for a LG ps3 league in the future.

No Streaming Account
  16. shockazulu

shockazulu Jarkko Ruutu

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just got RROD...

going out and buying an elite tomorrow.

I'll send this one in to get fixed...maybe I'll see what gamestop will give me for it...or I'll let my bro have it.

No Streaming Account