ESPN NHL 2k5 impressions thread

Discussion in '2K NHL Hockey' started by XBoxJon, Aug 30, 2004.

1. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Use manual line changes.

I agree that the fatigue does need to be increased a bit, but first we need to figure out if we are using their online leagues.

If not, slider adjustment is going to be a real chore (having to do it each and every game, no way to load them up via a profile online) and we'll keep any slider adjustments (if we go w/ unranked exhibition games to play league games) to a minimum.

No Streaming Account
  2. Sports Junky

Sports Junky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Two things I have noticed that are different right off the bat.

1) To get hits, you have to check maunally, I guess. In last year's game, I'd get allot of hits, but they were from the computer controlled teammates. In this year's version, I'm getting three or four hits a game. I'm not doing anything different I don't believe. I don't hit B too often while playing to go for checks.

2) Second thing I LOVE is when chasing down a puck, whether on speed burst or regular stride, you don't overskate the puck. THANK GOODNESS. :)

No Streaming Account
  3. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I always use speed burst + B button for checks.

Yeah, your AI won't get alot of big hits/checks for you, although I don't remember that being any different from 2k4.

No Streaming Account
  4. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea you need to do it yourself, to get a big hit, the ai will not do it for you.

btw, lets also decrease the slider for penalty shot, in 1 game i have 4-5 of them and its the call was not in a possible breakaway.

No Streaming Account
  5. Sports Junky

Sports Junky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I'll have to try that. :)

No Streaming Account
  6. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I said that then but last night i got into 3 scrums with xboxjon.. the frustrating thing was the people who were fighting.. Modano & Val Bure...

I mean both of these guys never fight .... And i actually whooped mellanby with bure...lol

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I feel shame. :oops:

No Streaming Account
  8. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As we all know, most hits in the NHL don't result in helicopter spins. There is plenty of pushing and bumping, and if you have someone lined up and are moving at speed you can take them out without a problem. The reason why you probably don't see as many big hits online, and more deflections, is that your human opponent is way way better at dodging and avoiding those hits. The computer doesn't alter it's course much, so they are much easier to line up.

Even so, this isn't NHL Hitz, or even EA's game, the stats I'm seeing are okay on the number of hits (from our exh. scoreboard) and probably 10-20% of those in a game are of the "big" variety (ie. where they leave the other player on the ice for a few seconds).

No Streaming Account