Farve on the cover

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by ScottyK, Apr 24, 2008.

1. shockazulu

shockazulu Jarkko Ruutu

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I respect what Favre's done.

He's a Hall of Famer for sure.

But I think he's overrated by some people. There are some that put him as either the #1 QB of all time or in the top 3.

I think he's maybe top 10 QB, stats aren't everything. The offense the QB is in and many other factors like career length and Era played in are factors.

He made way too many poor/dumb throws, too many bad decisions.

And so many of his deep balls were jump balls his WR came down with...especially that infamous MNF game vs the Raiders, I mean he was throwing into triple coverage at times.

IDK the exact stats and records, but I believe he didn't always perform very well in playoff games...or threw game changing INT in a lot of playoff games.

He's a "gun slinger"...pretty much every person in the world describes him as such. Gun Slinger meaning that he has a very strong arm and slings the ball all over the field...and a lot of the time forcing things and just making plain bad throws. Which in my mind doesn't make an all time top QB, as the QB you need to make smart decisions as to not put your team in a bad spot...which I'm sure he's done plenty.

No Streaming Account
  2. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well, most of the guys you probably list as all-time greats had some of the best receivers of all time to? favre's all-time best target was robert brooks.

No Streaming Account
  3. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    John Elway (Rod Smith notwithstanding) comes to mind as a guy who didn't have a top flight receive year after year. The list gets thin after that though, given that Aikman, Montana, etc come after that in the modern era of football. But Brett was given a pass for a LOT of dumbass passes that no one, not even a Jerry Rice in his prime, would have caught. To say he was the greatest QB would be a drastic overstatement. Completion percentage, even touchdowns, can be deflated by poor receivers, but the great ones still have less INTs because they make good decisions and make subpar guys around them look great.

No Streaming Account
  4. Hail2Hockey

Hail2Hockey #1 DUCKS FAN

Discord:
    hail2hockey#0
    Ratings:
    +135 / 9 / -7
    jconn who cares how i spell seriously.i dont care

hail2hockey
  5. Hail2Hockey

Hail2Hockey #1 DUCKS FAN

Discord:
    hail2hockey#0
    Ratings:
    +135 / 9 / -7
    thank you slow elk robert brooks was he best reciver.thank you bottomline you guys can all hate on favre doesnt mattter best QB ever to play the game hands down.

hail2hockey
  6. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if favre had some of the great recieving combos he wouldn't of had to force so many of those throws. He put the weight of the whole team on his shoulders. He made great plays and terrible plays- all b/c he had to. ...rice/taylor-- irving/ harper/novecheck/smith/johnson--bruce/holt/proehl/hakim/faulk--- moss and the plethora of recievers in NE last season.................imagine if he had some of those recieving cores what favre's numbers could've looked like. Favre's best recieving core was freeman/brookes/ Chmura

No Streaming Account
  7. Boozers

Boozers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You jealous LOL

No Streaming Account
  8. Hail2Hockey

Hail2Hockey #1 DUCKS FAN

Discord:
    hail2hockey#0
    Ratings: