Hate to post this but.......

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by t_roy, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea Jon, this is a game. Most people swing at everything so of course the pitching is gonna look good on our stats. But in reality overall on Pro it sucks ass, look what MP did to Kerry Wood, very unrealistic.....EVERY pitch missed its spot by a lot.

Gajeske85
  2. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Look what I do to just about every pitcher... LOL It's really not yall's faults either because I played only All-star before this league started and I had none of these B.S. games. BTW some of the pitching duels arent even really pitching duels.... I played shush i think it was and every ball i hit was crushed to the wall....im not sure how that is great pitching...more like the wind keeping it in the park ( which at turner is normally the case if it is hit to right field ). Anyways I think both sides have valid points. There are some positives in both Pro and All-Star... why cant there be a medium between the 2??? Like... Pro-Star??? :p

No Streaming Account
  3. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One of you sim / stat whores wanna do some research on the average amount of HR's??? 30 something bombs in 10 games seems bit high... maybe I'm wrong though.

***Edit: I have 36 HR's in 11 games and Marauders has like 39 in 16....

No Streaming Account
  4. PhilipRivers17

PhilipRivers17 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    in all honesty, you could easily just sit back with your finger on the B button and not have to aim at anything and just wiat til someone hangs a ball.

No Streaming Account
  5. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

EXACTLY!!! Another reason why Pro sucks. It doesn't make use of the "true-aim" hitting. You don't need to aim... :shock:

No Streaming Account
  6. PhilipRivers17

PhilipRivers17 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    some body print this page, me and MP agree on something lol

but it is true though

No Streaming Account
  7. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I know that my errors happen at the worst possible times, so you can definitely add on a weighted factor to each error. And when my team does make errors, and I guess I am middle of the pack, I can't make it up with my worthless offense, there are only a couple people that can get on base and then there is no one that can drive them in. As you will look I usually dont score many runs, but of course that is also because I suck.

No Streaming Account
  8. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, those HR numbers are a little high. In MLB, more than half of the teams average 1 HR per game, the better teams average around 1.5 HR per game.

Most of the teams in our league are averaging a HR per game or more, so as a whole our power numbers are up. This could be due to a variety of things though:

1) bad pitching (by the user)

2) 2 button swinging? Maybe there'd be less dingers with the 1 button mode? I dunno

Without sliders to adjust online though, it's going to be nearly impossible to get the game to play truely like a simulation of baseball (which some would find boring anyway).

I suspect that as the season progresses, we'll see the power numbers decrease as some of the owners in the league learn how to pitch better and fool batters. Right now, we're seeing some pretty meaty pitches.

No Streaming Account
  9. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wood 6.0IP 10H 7ER

Is Wood not infallible? 10 hits over 6 innings is in the realm of a bad outing for him. He's not going to pitch a 3 hit shutout every game. Just like my goalie sometimes decides to give up 5 or 6 goals a game for no good reason and seems to forget what the puck looks like. There's some randomness built into the game, which keeps it fresh and unpredictable.

For the better players in our league, sure Allstar might be a better setting, but we have to look at all of the teams here. If we bump it to Allstar, the Royals, Tigers, Devil Rays, etc are going to really struggle to just get one run here or there. For the good of the league and all of the teams, we need it on Pro, even if it means that our better players are going to dominate by crushing the ball.

Just like in the hockey league, we didn't start off our first season with Allstar and the hardest settings. That would have left us with like 5 people still interested. We ramped it up until everyone learned how to play, and by our 3rd season we had a large group of owners that were skilled and any one team could beat another on a given night. Eventually, we should get there with the MLB league, but not in week 4 of season 1.

PS. Matt Morris got absolutely crushed by the Phillies in my first game of the year, worse than Wood did for you.

No Streaming Account
  10. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I cant believe you just mention Morris and Wood in the same sentence... :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  11. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Keep telling yourself that. We play what like 40 games? I have 36 dingers in 11 games... I bet you I end up with like 100 HR's atleast.

No Streaming Account
  12. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was definitely shut down last night. I only got 3 hits during the game. Not that I wasn't hitting anything, but the pitches were good and it kept me guessing.

13. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If I have to prove that pro is bogus by launching more bombs then necessary then I will do it. :evil: :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  14. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only thing it proves is that you have no problems on Pro. Apparently, others in the league do. If they didn't, every team would have as many bombs as you do and that is simply not the case.

15. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why not? Morris has way better career numbers. Lower career ERA, gives up less HR and BB's, and has a much better career W/L record. Wood gets the flash strikeout totals, but his ERA is still higher over their career's.

No Streaming Account
  16. goalie

goalie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we are leaning toward allowing rotation changes at the all-star break.

more news later - now back to your discussion

No Streaming Account
  17. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This was like a pause for station identification. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  18. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WE needed it.. good grief. this thread is in the 90's..

No Streaming Account
  19. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No Streaming Account
  20. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Overall its not to bad. 8-10 teams I think are a little to high but I also do believe that the totals may go down a little.

No Streaming Account