Hitting Problems :(

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by TheDeuceMagnum, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Erbs

Erbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I havnt posted here in forever, but I disagree. Its 10x easier to aim where the pitch is coming because you can see where it comes in and time your swing. I can see where you can see this is harder, but after playing both games, its actually easier on ESPN. I love MVPs fielding and pitching, but the hitting mechanism is atrocious. Its simply a matter of timing, and you cant aim over the plate. Ive had batters swing way off course which they just wouldnt do like THAT in real life. I dont even understand why they implemented the true hitting or whatever in the game. Seems like all you have to do is time the pitch and hit A. No direction needed.

That said, I also suck ass at hitting in MVP and am alot better at ESPN, though the fielding in that game is garbage.

No Streaming Account
  2. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've played both games as well. Your post contradicts itself on a couple of points and while you have every right to disagree, I still say ESPN is harder to hit in.

No Streaming Account
  3. Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MVP is hard to hit in if you can't lay off pitches. Lay off pitches and they HAVE to throw you strikes. Laying off is key to good and consistant offensive production.

No Streaming Account
  4. JonisJon

JonisJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree, patience is the key to hiitting in this game, the better your plate discipline the better hitter you will be. Also, I reccomend playing with the fielding turned from Manual to the MVP fielding setting. This makes it so the fielders don't make spectacular plays EVERY time, and some ground balls will actually get through the infield, etc... makes for much better hitting and all around game.

No Streaming Account