IF LG stays on NHL 14...

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Jay l19l, Aug 23, 2014.

?

Is this a good option?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No thanks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. x S m ii R k Y

x S m ii R k Y Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 2 / -6
    Stick with NHL14 on 360 for the league... But what happens if NHL15 (On Xbox One) eventually introduces created pros in an OTP setting via update at some point in the future? I saw Rammer say something yesterday that would lead some to believe that something alone those lines might be within the realm of possibility.

“@MattEllenberger: @Rammer34 will OTP in NhL 15 be created players or pro players/teams in OTP format?” - Pro players to start. (Rammer)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. TheMainEvent

TheMainEvent Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TME#9375
    Ratings:
    +2,131 / 16 / -16
    I played ~3 months of NHL14 and I'm sick of it, I can't imagine the people who played the whole year on it, and are now being asked to consider playing an entirely new year of it.

• Like Like x 3
    MainEvennt
  3. Blade mtl

Blade mtl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -3
    For the guys who wants to stay on NHL 14 if you are committed to play another full year (3 seasons ) it make sense,

if not and you eventually buy NHL 15 at Christmas time we are just delaying the process .

Nobody is in a worst position then me ,I sold my xbox 360 with NHL 14 to get the one

No Streaming Account
  4. Tonyferelli

Tonyferelli Ferelli Brother

Ratings:
    +504 / 1 / -5
    Tris mentioned there would be a "Fun League" set up for it, if and when that does happen. (My guess is Christmas, hopefully late October at the earliest). But no official LGHL season will be played on the One this year.

It all comes down to where a majority go to play.. Nhl 15 or 14.

Tonyferelli
  5. Haunted Avocado

Haunted Avocado Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Ratings:
    +193 / 0 / -0
    Same here, just played for the summer and interest in the game just deteriorated near the end of it. I get both points, '14: Save money, don't give in to EA, but same game as last year (for most people); '15: New game, fresh feel, but 60 more dollars doled out. I'm still unsure but I see both options are almost equal with their Pros and Cons for now. As others have said no one has even played NHL 15 yet.

Personally I think a longer break would be beneficial. The site could start later to plan out 2 full, longer seasons. There would be a lot more planning for these seasons than the currently planned 3 seasons because hell, we don't even know what game we are going to use yet. Plus the season would end sooner in the summer, the summer season is still technically going on with the Finals this week and basically everyone has lost interest in playing the game anyway (this happens every year around this time right before the new iteration).

Since so much of this is out of our hands I think that letting everything shake out and working from there would be the best option. If all else fails and there is enough interest in both games maybe a multiple league setup would work too, with a '14 and '15 league. However at that point '15 would most likely be the norm but like I said we'd need to see what happens before we can act on it.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. ZHawk0717

ZHawk0717 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Their is no right answer here at all. The community will lose a lot of people no matter what option we pick. Either version of the 360 will lose people who want the other option, which is favored towards 14 and we've already lost a decent amount of people who sold their consoles when they got the next gen. I personally will only be doing LG if we stay on 14, as I'm not supporting EA for the same game unless they somehow blow my mind. The other issue is unless you have season pass for the 360, their is no Demo on it to get a feel. Luckily I should have some time left on mine from last year and after playing early access, season pass, and the demo I'll be able to make an informed decision.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. xRICKOSHAY

xRICKOSHAY Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xrickoshay#0
    Ratings:
    +516 / 38 / -26
    If club wasn't so dead on 14 I'd say no doubt to stay... But people have lost so much interest in NHL 14. Maybe this will change once the hockey season starts back up, but if any of you have been playing club at night, you'll know that there are barely any good 6s teams playing anymore. It's kind of a shit show to be honest

• Like Like x 1
    xRICKOSHAY
  8. GOW LIKE A BOSS

GOW LIKE A BOSS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Why not just run next season on NHL 14 and if OTP's been added to the Xone by then, then revisit the issue of switching over?

No Streaming Account
  9. Chivs

Chivs Unofficial Chive Employee

Ratings:
    +351 / 16 / -16
    Go NHL 15 for 360. Makes the most sense as death pointed out.

-You get your club and OTP.
    -6v6 with LG/Any other league <-------- BAHAHAH
    - NO MORE NHL 14!!!!

Everyone who is complaining wants this league to survive, and the best option in my mind is going to 15. NOBODY wants to play 14 anymore, nor will they keep playing when 15 on 360 has club and OTP. Its the new and improved NHL and we all are SAVAGES when it comes to NHL or we wouldnt be on this site. Yes the pool for talent will heavily decrease with 30% of NHL probably gone, and who knows how much more in AHL/CHL.

Now lets all stop complaining, myself included and hope brodie/tris and the rest involved make the right decision in going to 15 on the 360.

#Chivsrookieoftheyear

• Like Like x 2
    Chivs_01
  10. GOW LIKE A BOSS

GOW LIKE A BOSS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    You'll be playing NHL 14 whether you buy a copy of 15 or not so long as you're still on the 360.

Here's the feature list:
    http://www.easports.com/nhl/nhl15/xbox360

1. Multi-player collision (literally the only new thing you'll get).
    2. 94 anniversary mode, hut, eashl, otp (same as we have now)
    3. The new announcers (which doesn't affect gameplay in the slightest).

Buying NHL 15 on the 360 expecting something new is just going to end up being a huge disappointment and a waste of money.

No Streaming Account
  11. BeastModeCowb0y

BeastModeCowb0y Any1 can get it

Ratings:
    +666 / 0 / -0
    Go mowe some grass suck it up and get 15 current gen. Enough already fuck. Sorry to be blunt, even if there's no chl or ahl who gives a monkeys left nut.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  12. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    The best part about playing NHL 15 is that it isn't NHL 14.

Insert joke about how it is but new commentators.

It literally isn't 14, which literally sucks ass. If 60$ is that big of a deal for you, go mow mattybmoe's grass.

• Like Like x 3
    Primetimme1
  13. Raynor

Raynor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,492 / 10 / -12
    The Stars and Panthers are playing the most lag ridden SCF since last summer.
    it's not a coinicidence it's happening at the exact same time... The servers go to absolute shit.
    If you want to play LG for another entire year on 14 and compromise the integrity of the league you should be smacked.
    15 on the 360 is the only viable option.

• Like Like x 10
    No Streaming Account
  14. TheMainEvent

TheMainEvent Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TME#9375
    Ratings:
    +2,131 / 16 / -16
    Playing on NHL14:

Pros: I give [MENTION=6796]NugeTV[/MENTION] his account back and get to use my actual account.

Cons: Everything.

As you can see from the research above, the pros heavily outweigh the cons.

• Like Like x 2
    MainEvennt
  15. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    FYI, By the discussion and how it went off topic I'm not sure the poll would be valid or if people know what they voted for?

Jay was asking "if" the league chose to play on NHL14, "if" people think its a good idea "if/when" EA adds an otp that people can join together to have an X1 league running aside of the regular league. It wasn't a NHL14 or 15 discussion.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dad of Five 81

Dad of Five 81 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dad of Five 81#1761
    Ratings:
    +269 / 8 / -20
    IF 15 is a better game or has improvements its makes no sense to stay on 14.

• Like Like x 1
    dadoffive81
  17. Kehvvin

Kehvvin ^_^

Ratings:
    +639 / 14 / -12
    Just dont forget that the 360 version of nhl will have club/otp so why not try it? People will just need to get used to it. And it will be hard to find 6s in EASHL if we sticked to 14.. IMO

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  18. pl4tinum514

pl4tinum514 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    There's 3200+ people signed up. I'm pretty sure we can field enough people for another competent season on NHL '14. Fall/winter are coming, people will be indoors looking for something competetive to do... and when hockey season starts up people will be itching for it, regardless of the platform.

Sorry but playing 1v1 on next gen or playing 6v6 on NHL14? I'll take the 6v6 every damn time.

No Streaming Account
  19. ST Aabra

ST Aabra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -12
    There really is no right answer here. No matter what is done a lot of people are going to leave the league. The only 2 options to play in the league are either play NHL 14 for another year or buy the 360 version (aka: gimped) of NHL 15. I'm not personally willing to do either of those things so I'll probably just play NHL 15 casually on the XB1 until NHL 16 comes out. It sucks but it is what it is and I'm probably not alone in this thinking.

No Streaming Account
  20. Penguins23

Penguins23 Kind of a big deal

Discord:
    .penguins23#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    This is the original LG. This is what it was when it started. To keep track of stats, if I was "C" on the Penguins for example, it was add up Crosby, Malkin and Sutter's stats and that would be me.

The crappy part is when it came to penalty killing, the stats wouldn't be accurate.

No Streaming Account