If Madden and 2k8 came out tomorrow?

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Giotto, May 11, 2007.

1. spottieottiedop

spottieottiedop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    2k5 is my basis that 2k8 is going to be superior. I dont need NFL licensing. I would have traded the NFL brand name, the graphics and the features for superior gameplay in Madden '07 and '06. And any real hardcore gamer would prefer the same.

No Streaming Account
  2. spottieottiedop

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  3. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Right....so if i dont like the same game as you im not a "hard core gamer". Good one.

No Streaming Account
  4. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Where's the option for neither? :) The only football game I buy anymore is NCAA. Recruiting is so much more fun then just signing free agents to improve your team. I haven't bought a NFL game in a couple years, I just seem to have much more fun playing NCAA.

drummerJ99
  5. spottieottiedop

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is a difference between Joe Blow who creates himself and maxes out all his attributes or creates a team w/ only all-stars only to blow or gaurantee a win playing Madden and Joe Blow who is a 100% sim player all the time, tweaks the roster after roster updates, make sure a player's # is correct. The second Joe Blow is what I consider a hardcore gamer.

No Streaming Account
  6. Drake

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL that has to do with the person, not the game. wake up. Do you really think everyone who buys madden does that? Funny. Besides the real hard core gamers only play online anyway :)

No Streaming Account
  7. spottieottiedop

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Based on the cheesers I have played online and there are more cheesers than sim players IMO, I think alot of cats do. I've been to enough Madden tourneys watching dudes playing like its Tecmo. Drop back 30 yards to throw passes, run sweeps trying to get luck or pick a certain defense the entire game. Besides if your online you want the best gameplay possible right? That was my original point.

No Streaming Account
  8. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah.. the debate that never ends.. lol..

Partily the reason why i like Madden so much is because i like NCAA and am not willing enough to learn a new controller layout..lol.

But face it.. There is not a debate between madden and 2k.. not anymore.

The issue about editting your roster.. seem alittle on the side of UNSIM.. Why would you go and do that anyways.. I made a player in the first madden that had it and i havent touched that part of the game since.

Again ive played both over the years, 2k and madden. I believe both companies put out there best game in 2005.

Has nothing really do with gameplay or what ever I enjoy football and enjoy the teams that I root for..

I hate these arguements because they're so narrow minded.. So what if somebody likes a different game then you.. Doenst make them any less or more of a gamer..lol.. Crap you cant be anymore of hardcore to play 5 to 7 different games and be in leagues that sometimes have an 82 game season..lol.. I think the definition of hardcore gamer in this thread is misdefined..lol.

No Streaming Account
  9. Drake

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Again what does that have to do with the game? Anyone who plays like that most likely cheeses in every game they play.

Anyway, im not getting drawn into another 2k vs madden debate. Enjoy your 2k game but just dont give me any BS that all madden players are cheesers and all 2k players are 100% sim because its complete crap. I guarantee you that 99% of the people in the madden league here dont play like that so there goes your whole argument.

No Streaming Account
  10. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    you dont have to, they were the same last year..

i think he is getting at, adding players that are not on EA's updates and keeping the depth charts up to date for offline play etc

2k yes, best was in 2005.. IMO we have yet to see a BEST madden... hopefully this will be the year!!

i agree, no need to be fanboys of any game.. play what you enjoy, period the end.. state your thoughts on why you think its better etc, but no need to get your panties in a bunch about it if someone thinks other wise..

No Streaming Account
  11. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That "hardcore gamer" crap is BS. Madden had better gameplay to begin with IMO. If you like 2k's style better, more power to you. Calling those who don't like 2k's gameplay as opposed to Madden is idiotic. I was simply pointing out that gameplay preferences aside, Madden has a superior feature set and graphics.

No Streaming Account
  12. spottieottiedop

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No fanboyism here. I'm going to be in line to get NCAA(Which I think is the best football game based on '07). I'm going to be in line to get Madden. There won't be a line to get AP2K8 but I'm still getting it. But most people say Madden's gameplay is superior because that is what they are familiar with. That is crazy to me. With the improvements Madden is making maybe it ends up being the best football game out. But I do know great feature sets and awsome graphics in a game means nothing if its gameplay is not up to par. Ask anyone who who bought NBA Live that.

No Streaming Account
  13. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I never said Madden's gameplay is superior because thats what I'm familiar with. Its superior because it plays better, gripes aside, than 2k. Thats my opinion. If prefering Madden to 2k makes me a non "hardcore gamer" then I'd rather have that label. Comparing Madden to Live is irrelevant, considering they were developed by two seperate development teams. Funniest thing is, how can you dog Madden's gameplay when you claim to like NCAA so much? Essentially they are the same control schemes with the same graphics,animations and similar gameplay. Either way I'm done with this pointless argument. Have fun with 2k8, I'll be playing in the Madden league here.

No Streaming Account
  14. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    JEE WHIZ! Four versions post 2K5 and this is still a debate? I was one of those die-hard 2K fans, but after getting raped with the NHL and MLB titles I have passed onto EA. MLB was the final straw for me...having to adjust from default sliders to have a non-home run derby game is ridiculous.

I never thought that I would like the madden titles after playing 2K5, but that has since changed.

No Streaming Account
  15. swiper19

swiper19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am kind of surprised that the vote is so one sided , 19 -6 in favour of Madden

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  16. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i honestly think we need to lock this one down.. All this is, is the same ol' arguement and at least at LG we should get some rest from it..

WHo's with ME!!!

No Streaming Account
  17. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Every title 2k has ever produced has needed slider adjustments. Atleast 2k gives you enough sliders to play the game however you want, unlike most EA games. To be honest I'm not a fanboy of either company, they both have produced some pretty crappy titles lately. Hopefully after both the exclusive contracts run out (MLB, NFL) we will actually get titles competeting againest each other. Just look at the two NHL titles, that's prove enough that competetion is a good thing.

drummerJ99
  18. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Doubt the exclusive deals won't be renewed. EA has already been talking to the NFL about renewing, and since the NFL loves the money and the arrangement, it'll probably happen. I doubt 2k would let EA have a shot at baseball too and will likely re-up with MLB.

No Streaming Account
  19. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Believe me.. MLB wont do that again.

No Streaming Account
  20. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i bet $$$$$ the mlb re-ups with 2k.. no doubt!!

No Streaming Account