LGGT Point System

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by Tris10, Aug 27, 2014.

1. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    I would prefer this too, the best score for someone who didn't finish should place 1 spot behind the last place finisher of the people who finished all of the rounds in my opinion.

No Streaming Account
  2. cdog4086

cdog4086 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I am right there with you man. That being said, I will be streaming my crappy games......atleast someone can maybe find some enjoyment at my expense. In all seriousness, best of luck and I am not sure I have ever looked forward to golf as much as this.

• Like Like x 1
    cdog4086
  3. KerrZee

KerrZee Im Back!!!!

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I'll be streaming myself throwing my controller too, dual stream? LOL!

No Streaming Account
  4. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Just an update on the point scoring system, I'm going to change the official sort by:

sort by by members who have finished all the rounds, then by score

by doing this, the players will still count into the total purse, and still get points. Mind you they would still be at the bottom so there is no incentive for not finishing their round.

The leaderboard will still show what it shows today but when it comes to the points the new sort will come into effect.

• Like Like x 5
  5. sseagle

sseagle 48 Seasons...

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Just make sure you don't cross the streams, it would be bad..

No Streaming Account
  6. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    ah, that bumped me from 33rd to 23rd in the final leg of the tour. :)

• Like Like x 2
    f5penguin
  7. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9

I'm sure I'm about to cause chaos or get people upset...but I'm going to give my 2 cents in an attempt to give some options...maybe someone else can re-word it better later:

So does this mean option 1 or 2 below?

1. No further math is needed to represent what we're trying to accomplish because the sorting fixes the issue (including the standings at the end of the season?) .

2. If a mathematical equation is needed - you could use one of 3 options below marked A, B and C:

A. Since the standings are sorted. Grant an additional point in reverse order of the standings: (in other words if there are 50 players, bonuses will be given by ranking due to sorting so the player who is 1st gets 50 points, the player who is last gets 1 point). The only issue this still leaves is: if say players 23 and 24 both didn't finish and played the same number of holes and were both at the same ranking (due to same score), player 23 will get 1 more point than 24....and there's no controlling the sort order more unless you add another sort. (which is an option ?)

B. A bonus that is up for grabs to everyone (regardless of ranking ie. the player ranked last can get the same amount of bonus as the player finishing 1st - but will get less total points due to ranking score), calculated as follows:

Total bonus = 10 (for example) points per hole * # of completed holes for each round.

So if there are 8 rounds like in 'preseason' each with 18 holes -> 18 * 8 * 10 = 1440

(so 1st finishes all rounds and finishes with -10, he gets his ranking points + 1440 for completion)
    (so Bottomless Pit finishes only 3 of 8 rounds at -10, he gets his ranking points + 540 points for only completing 3 rounds)

C - idea of B above, but weight is determined by total strokes of total (based on par):

Total bonus = 1 point (for example) per stroke * # of completed strokes for each round.

Eg. Par for Round 1 and 2 is 76 strokes each round = 152

so Tris10 finishes all rounds - he gets 152 added to his ranking points
    PHJ314 finishes 1 round and 5 holes of 2nd round (at that point strokes for par is say (76+22 = ) 98, so PHJ314 gets 98 added to his ranking points.
    Bp finishes round 1, but quits part way through hole 5, Bp gets (76+20=) 96 points (because he had 2 more strokes left to reach par for what would have been par for the hole) added to his ranking points. (Note: a bad player who reaches 152 strokes by say hole 9 of round 2, then quits ....still gets the same # of bonus points as Tris10 who finished first...but the bad player who quit will not get any more than 152 points once he has reached the # of strokes needed to reach par for the round)

....personally I like option C but I don't know if that would be too complicated for [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION] 's likings OR if there is a preference [MENTION=7031]PHJ314[/MENTION] has for how to handle.
    ....Anyways, these are just some ideas i'm throwing out there. I'm sure there's a million ways this can be done.

(let me know if there's any questions)

Bottomless_Pit