* New * LGHL Season 37 [Xbox] - Season 15 [PS4] - November 1st

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by LG McDonald, Aug 11, 2020.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    [​IMG]
    *credit to @OdessaSteps on our seasonal graphic

As we near the end of round one of the NHL and AHL playoffs, as well as near the end of our second round in the CHL playoffs, I wanted to drop some information regarding our next season. By now I'd assume the majority of you are aware that NHL 21 is scheduled for release on October 16th, with early access available by ~ October 12th. That is roughly a month later than we have seen over the last ten years.

For us here on LG, we have gotten accustomed to the first month enjoying the game and easing ourselves into the next season whereby our bidding sessions tend to be either before or just after the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday. That normally sets us up for a puck for the middle of October. That basically means coming into next season we are about two weeks behind our normal timeline and schedule.

What Does Being Late Mean For Us?

• As you can see our bidding dates are closer together than we have seen before. As well as we are looking at more of a "shotgun" start to the season compared to the normal ease our way back.
    • The recent community poll showed approximately 85% of our community is planning to have the game before the November 1st start date. Having a core community that is as passionate about playing the game as we are was a definite factor when this rotation was being reviewed.
    • With the current league structure being tiered the way it is, the NHL tends to scout less than the AHL, who tends to scout less than the CHL. With CHL bidding set to kick off on October 30th, that gives the community a two-week window to scout at the CHL tier.

When Can We Apply For Management and Staff Roles within the League?
    • At this time all NHL and CHL Ownership applications will be put out to the community starting Sept 1st.
    • The current NHL and CHL Owners will also receive a site message on Sept 1st inquiring about their desire to return for next season.
    • The criteria for managing at the AHL and CHL tiers are currently under review as well and will become public shortly after our applications open up.

When Can I Sign Up For Next Season?
    • Currently, we are exploring a minor adjustment to our normal signup. Therefore I'd anticipate the League signups to open September 1st as well.

What Changes Can We Expect for Next Season?
    • Right now I have a lot of polls out to the community and managers trying to determine the interest level on many hot topics of discussion. Here are a few examples of what is currently under review:

• Condensed game times: *this applies to the AHL and CHL, but the times would be our standard times*
        • NHL - 9-930-10 / 930-10-1030 /
        • If the above times are accepted, we'd consider the PSN and XBOX leagues to alternate to have some times that don't overlay. EX: Sunday - NHL Xbox - 9-930-10 - NHL PSN - 10-1030-11. Monday could then be the opposite [NHL PSN - 9-930-10 - NHL XBOX- 10-1030-11] We could even look at maybe doing 930-10-1030 / 10-1030-11 allowing two-game lots a night that don't overlap. That will benefit those players who enjoy the experience on both consoles.

• Condensed league schedule COMBINE with the new times:
          • tons of success in CBJ running four games [two home and home] series a night.
          • this could be adopted by the LGHL [NHL-AHL-CHL]
          • in the NHL and AHL the season would be three weeks [w1-w2-w3] of 12 games per week followed by week 4 which would be ten games AND our deadline week. Our final three weeks of the season[w5-w6-w7] would then be back to 12 games a week completing the 82 game schedule.
          • in the CHL, the opening week would be a 20-game preseason whereby the CHL managers can schedule any of their players or TCs for "try-outs'. After the preseason week, we would dive into the season where the format would be; week 1-2-3-4-5-6 [12 games] per week. This allows us to maintain the 72 game CHL schedule.

• Variety within the CHL schedule:
          • Preseason could be all randomly generated and outside of the four league system.
          • During the season we would go back to ensuring that there is more variety in the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL schedule.

• No more positional changes between bidding sessions!

• No more late signups for veteran players!
          • All veteran players who sign up after NHL bidding is live will not be put into AHL or CHL bidding. These players will be randomly assigned to the CHL TC.
          • Once on the CHL TC, these veteran players will be given an RA designation which will prevent them from being called up to an active roster AT ALL THREE TIERS! THIS INCLUDES THE CHL!
          • These players would ONLY be eligible to ECU during the season BUT NOT during the playoffs.
          • I'd reserve the right to place my staff in the tier they are assigned to for quality control.
          • *This MAY occur on XBOX first before implemented on the PSN side.

• Additional Thoughts:
          • Updates to the TC Dev League
          • Updates to the player removal script [CHL]
          • Possible changes to how we handle IR.
          • Possible improvements to the team and player Twitter integration for team and player promotion
          • ALL The CHL and ECHL awards to be added from the current real-life Leagues

Be aware that all of this information could be subject to change.

If you have any questions or ideas, please feel free to DM me on the site or on discord at LG McDonald#5572

Thanks for your continued dedication to the LG!
    -Brodie

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. RiZe_BearBear

RiZe_BearBear Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is this season going to be on 20 on the ps4 or 21 on the ps4

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852

LeagueGamingOfficial
  4. Lord Skahgz

Lord Skahgz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    i'm planning on getting a ps5 day 1, will nhl 21 (digital) work on the ps5?

LordSkahgz
  5. Will x 93

Will x 93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 2 / -0
    I don't come back n'est season

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Will x 93

Will x 93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 2 / -0
    Next*

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    yes

LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. enochouskun17

enochouskun17 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey man, it's September now. Are signs up open? I haven't played league in a while now because of work but now I'm going to school so I have more availability in the evenings! Thanks in advance

No Streaming Account
  9. TheRawdawg69

TheRawdawg69 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    thedirtygerty69#0
    Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -17
    Yes they are

therawdawg69
  10. enochouskun17

enochouskun17 Well-Known Member

Ratings: