Ncaa 08

Discussion in 'Maple Leafs Gaming League - PSN' started by jcon77, Apr 14, 2007.

1. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    don't remeber that one; pc game?

No Streaming Account
  2. asrabbit91

asrabbit91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why, you got to understand if they didn't buy the license from MLB there whole sports games would basically be gone. No more NHL 2K7 or NBA 2K7, because EA would have a even bigger monopolly, because you know for a fact that if they didn't buy it EA would. The only reason this happened was because ea bought the nfl license.

No Streaming Account
  3. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I remember Bill Walsh College Football, that was a great football game. Best college football game I have ever played to this point.

4. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You dont understand Asrabbit.. Im not talking about the license.. IM just talking about the last 4 games they've (2k) put out.. MLB being the latest one.. the MLB debacle that im talking about is the constant server problems and homeruns.. 2k has burn me for the last time..

No Streaming Account
  5. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IF i was rating Football games ... IT would probably lean heavy on the the 05 series of Football..

1.Madden 05
    2.NFL2k5
    3.NCAA 06 (port of Madden 05 i figure)
    4.NFL2k1
    5.Tecmo Bowl..

Football Games played.. 10 yard fight NES, John Elway Quarterback NES, Tecmo Bowl, Super Tecmo Bowl SNES, Madden 93, Madden 94, Madden 95, Madden 96, Madden Well up to 2001.. GameDay 98, NFL2k1, NFL2k2, NFL 2k4, NFL2k5.. Madden 05, Madden 06, Madden 06 (360) Madden 07... NCAA 03 NCAA 04, NCAA 05, NCAA 06, NCAA 07.. Prime Time Football ESPN"s joke..lol..

Worst Football game...
    1.Prime Time Football
    2.NCAA 05 (DROPPED PASSES DELUXE)
    3.NFL2k2 (Tried to make more sim but ended up killing the game)
    4.Madden 06 (passing cone, Hated that thing IMO)

No Streaming Account
  6. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope as well they worked on commentary some more this year. I really don't think anyone has hit it as good they can with next-gen technology. They have a great group of announcers, and I'd like to see them take that to the next level. That's another thing I hate about Madden on Next-Gen, announcing is horrible, hell I'd rather listen to Madden blather about non-sense then what they have now.

I'm still waiting for news on dynasty, but I'm starting to feel like they're back with all the features this year (I hope). If so, I can't wait to create-a-school jump into to dynasty with a crappy team and build them up over 4-5 seasons. That's ALWAYS fun.

Its funny I always create a school with crappy guys and play on like All-American (or heisman, depending), and it really makes you work like a small market school. Play mostly other bad teams, work in a few majors or mid majors and go for an upset. It really is fun to build the program from the ground up and usually will take a good number of seasons before you get that program to powerhouse status, because you fight for like 3* recruits for the first few seasons. lol.

Its just fun, I can't wait. I'll be devestated if they go light on the dynasty features again.

No Streaming Account
  7. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i think the create a school feature will be there this season. I think they'll have the 1AA teams in there as well. They had to build the game from scratch for last season. They should improve greatly for 08

No Streaming Account
  8. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't think I've used create-a-school since a few games ago. I created the ESU Wolfpack, from The Program. It was awesome having Joe Kane, Lattimer and Mack in there. Made me wish I could order some roids for Lattimer or buy off professors to get my players on the field.

No Streaming Account
  9. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey nosice, are you talking about Deion Sanders Prime time football for the genesis? That game was sweet and I think it's the only one where you had a trash talk button after plays.

No Streaming Account
  10. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Since you guys are talking about old football games. The greatest game ever for total control and customization was Frontpage Sports Football Pro (Sierra). This was like early 90's, so gameplay was good for that time, but man, the reason I loved this game was you could do whatever you wanted.

I had a Middle School season going, a High School Season Going, a College Season going, and a pro season going. It was awesome, you can make leagues with whatever amount of teams you needed, and whatever divisions and conferences and stuff. You could Edit every player and position to whatever you wanted.

I had everyone from my real middle school and high school teams on there too. So awesome. Good times. Miss that game.

Think it will run on Vista?

No Streaming Account
  11. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven't played that one. Sounds good though.

No Streaming Account
  12. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I had limited exposure to it. The concept was amazing and ahead of its time. It had features that every game should.

No Streaming Account
  13. RAINMAKER512

RAINMAKER512 Da Pothead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i will be getting both as i do every year. i have had every madden and every ncaa every year that they were released. I am a football nut and i always have to get both. Those two games are the two games i truly get pumped and get antsy before the release. RThe only other game i get really pumped for is College Basketball. Those three games is all i really need. I don't understand y everyone hates this years Madden i love it, hell i loved 06 for 360 when i got it. All this Football talk is makin me to go play some Football.

No Streaming Account
  14. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Everyone doesnt hate it, just a vocal few.

I did hate the 06 version for the 360 but i like 07. Theres definitely room for improvement but its a good game.

No Streaming Account
  15. slow elk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I didn't hate it either, I'm just getting tired of the same ol' madden. I'm still going to buy it as I always have. NCAA is at the top of my list. I'm probably going to get all pro 2k8 as well. and if they put out a Blitz the League 2, I'm going to get that as well.

No Streaming Account
  16. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im with you Dprime.. Football is the 'Must have' no matter what..

IF i have those two games, im good for a year.. And with Gamefly being able to rent and hold a game as long as i want.. I might be more into doing that then trying to buy a game.. You dont get it on release but you dont get that 'hate yourself' attitude when the games dont pan out...

But football is in the Budget.. My wife knows that there is now 120 Dollars going for some pigskin..

I agree with Drake though .. Even though i bought the game.. 06 wasnt all that great.. I played it but not too thrilled..

But 07, we finally got NCAA and Madden to play about the same and for all intent and purposes.. NCAA might have been the better game as far as gameplay. DOnt quote me on that..

No Streaming Account
  17. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Quoted....

No Streaming Account
  18. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really didnt see much difference in the game play personally. Both played very similar other then the play selection and no player names online.

I really hope they dont get carried away with the trick plays this year. I dont want to see people running trick plays 20 times a game....

No Streaming Account
  19. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i think it was the more deeper playbook with the options that made it different.. The Trick Plays will hopefully be like maybe 2 in a book.. That would be crazy to see a HB option followed by Flea Flicker followed by a Statue of Liberty play.. lol..

No Streaming Account
  20. RAINMAKER512

RAINMAKER512 Da Pothead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea really i could see the ai biten on those plays.

No Streaming Account