Needed - Alpine Course Recommendations for the LGGT Tour

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour - PS4' started by Tris10, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Hey Everyone,

We need about 5-8 Alpine(themed) courses to continue our LGGT tour on. This would be weeks 7-9 of our tour.

Ideally tough but fair courses, not to heavy on the fantasy aspect , but courses guys would enjoy playing over and over again in a competitive tour atmosphere.

We will also need a course to play the "major" on. Ideally this course has (or someone is willing) to have 4 setups of this course, with different pins, and if the designer is skillful, different tee blocks too.

For the Rural major we used "ShawShank Lakes", "Baja" for Desert. All with different setups and its been great!

If it is your course, we'll provide you back with
    -Hole Handicap information (average field shooting, hardest to easiest holes)
    -Top highlights from members on your course
    -Other stats like most birdies, par 3 king ect.
    An example of this would be
    http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/showthread.php?206708-LGGT-Weekly-Wrapup-Week-2

Thanks Gents!

2. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Look forward to your feedback on Alpine courses you have played!

We "may" have our Major set up, if it works out for the designer to put 4 versions together comfortably.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    fkncommishlb
  3. ACES-R-WILD-

ACES-R-WILD- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    my tpc@ pinehurst isnt bad course although its not layed out like pinehurst but it soild coursei can always turn the speed up on the course and change pins if you like the course ill even change the tee boxes play it commish and let me know and ill get it ready for a major play the tpc version not the regular

No Streaming Account
  4. Vellerz

Vellerz 2 Time Calder Cup Champ - 1 Time Playoff MVP

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9

Did you rely on the course creator to make ANY fairways? Rough? Heavy Rough? Bunkers?

If so, everytime you move a tee, it will move those auto generated fairways/rough/bunkers/trees along with it. Making it virtually impossible to replicate the same course 3 additional times.

The entire course needs to be done from scratch if you want to save yourself a TON OF WORK, and lots of headaches. Every rough, green, fairway, tee, etc...needs to be laid brush by brush, individually.

No Streaming Account
  5. ACES-R-WILD-

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the tip no some was generated not all but some but i have another alpine that wasnt or i can change speeds and pin placemants on the pinehurst course that would make it play a lot different but still be a tough course for a major

No Streaming Account
  6. Forthy

Forthy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 15 / -32
    I will have my course set up by the end of the week, most likely. Just need to finish picking some pins for sunday so that Disturbed and Aces and can't destroy my heart. haha

jdforthy
  7. ACES-R-WILD-

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    jd you got game too buddy but if i can hit 100% ill be back up top with the leaders i have such a lazy swing and it kills me cause it always happens on my approach then im playing for pars instead of birdies cant keep up with the leaders that way too many great players in this league

No Streaming Account
  8. chrashbird

chrashbird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I just published Perkins Village CC which is Alpine themed. Doubt it could be called ordinary, mundane or repetitive as Lower Valley has been called.

Par 3's and 5's go in different directions, 3 of the par 5's are reachable in 2 with favourable or no wind and 2 of the tee shots on the par 5's you have to shape your shot to get better position to go for it in 2 (Holes 4 and 13). Some approach shots need to be shaped to get around trees if you want to go at the pin, but the greens are large enough where you dont have to go at it....youll just leave yourself a long putt.

Greens are receptive and I just played in 11mph winds, a couple of holes that were dead straight into the wind required a 5 wood with the 2nd shot, but the stuck the green and didnt bounce 20 yards through.

Heres the video I took if you want a look, got screwed on the 9th where the ball trickled back into the greenside bunker and then horseshoed out on my flop out lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6lD9LxMUrk

No Streaming Account
  9. ACES-R-WILD-

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    you need to level your tee boxes if not you get a kick off the tee chrash

No Streaming Account
  10. Vellerz

Vellerz 2 Time Calder Cup Champ - 1 Time Playoff MVP

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    That tree on 3 is just wrong.

No Streaming Account
  11. chrashbird

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Aim to the right side of the green and it will feed to the pin. Green is raised quite a bit on the right. I screwed up my shot lol

No Streaming Account
  12. chrashbird

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Which hole? Im sure I checked to make sure they were all level.

I had one hole left to design and after I finished it half the other greens had changed. thought I'd fixed everything though.

No Streaming Account
  13. shoey101

shoey101 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just made a new alpine course called The Club at Green Pond. Its tough but fair and very realistic. Try it out and let me know what you guys think. Thanks

No Streaming Account
  14. chrashbird

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I just edited Perkins Village after replaying it and noticed that from certain directions the slope next to pins were too extreme where it shifted all the greens just as I was finishing up creating the course. I smoothed out about 6 pins and moved the tree o nthe 3rd across a few yards. Now called:
    Perkins Village CC Members

No Streaming Account
  15. shoey101

shoey101 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just searched for my course and couldnt find it by typing in the name...you have to type in green and look for the course created by me. The club at green pond by shoey101

No Streaming Account
  16. Forthy

Forthy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 15 / -32
    My course is up. Kinda pissed at the creator, as when I tried the Sunday pin on #2 (about 15 times or so) it was a slight slope, but in game it is near impossible to hold the green. Anyways, that seems to be the only hitch.

LGGT Summerland - Thursday (Fri, Sat, Sun)

jdforthy