Round 2 Notes : MGT Apps? Staff App? All-Stars and Awards? ETC

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LG-McDonald, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Round one went well. The major issues we seem to be dealing with on a nightly basis is the inconsistency of the servers. With IHL starting up again, I should be on more often, but by all means, if we are experiencing server issues on game nights, please let me know ASAP. Some of you have my contact info for facebook, or skype or even a PM works as well. Thursday night we waited it out and seemed to be okay but who knows what else we could face.

The NHL has the advantage having three solid game times. Therefore if I have to shuffle games, we can do so easily. The AHL and CHL are at a bit of a disadvantage due to the fact the games times aren't on the hour. Hence why Zeno allowed games in the CHL to be made up, and we didn't force a hard deadline on the teams.

Try and win the games on the ice especially in situations where two teams clearly have their six skaters. The last thing we want is added drama when we are already trying to battle through a few connection issues.

Overall I wish everyone the best of luck moving into round two. The big reminder I have for everyone is the test period for Captain lag. I think most teams realize this, but in situations where a game has a lag out, then is restarted, that restart also has a test period. It is kind of common sense, since each time we stop and start we do open ourselves up to input delay again. Just keep that in mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Application Season

Fun time of the season for everyone! Right now I may need one or two NHL BOG, Tiddus is looking at two AHL BOG, and Zeno needs three CHL BOG.

The NHL and AHL MGT applications will be open once I finalize and announce the S23 Owners. Just as a reminder, the AHL positions, and NHL positions are selected by the Owners not staff. This season, we will see some names removed from the No MGT list, and some new ones added. Tiddus is going to have a bit more say on our AHL applications to ensure the experience in the AHL is better.

NHL BOG
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s23-nhl-bog-applications.228598/

AHL BOG
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s23-ahl-bog-application.228597/

CHL BOG
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/chl-staff-applications.228400/#post-1425131

CHL GM APPLICATIONS
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s23-chl-gm-application.228593/

Currently we have about 22 CHL managers wishing to return. This season with us having close to 3000 skaters, I assume our numbers will be very similar therefore I'd like to increase the number of CHL MGT!

The goal is to give priority to returning managers, and allow them to return to their current team, and offer two resigns prior to the draft. Therefore We can start to build dynasties in the CHL as well!

The goal is right now to have a full 20 team OHL, and 18 team QMJHL. Once that is accomplished we can look at a WHL expansion.

Just so everyone is aware, we will not be expanding MID season, therefore we need the most amount of CHL GM applications as possible right now!

If you are currently a CHL GM, and DO NOT see your name on the returning list, please contact @xX Z3NO Xx ASAP to have your name added to the list! GMs will be given the opportunity to retain their current team!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All-Stars and Awards

It has been several seasons since I have had the time to put some priority into these two features. With us producing more and more content each season, I feel it is time we take this to the next level.

Currently the awards system is a bullet proof criteria designed by one the greats here on LG @Jiri Slegr . In my opinion that criteria does not need to change at all, all we need is informed players to help select our winner each season.

That being said, I had @Brisan66 give me his template for an All-Star weekend, which I think we can apply to each and every League to ensure we have consistence as well as a fun All-Star event each season.

How I'd like to see the Awards and All-Stars go is each season I'd like to put together a small committee from each League, hand them the template, and have the work on our winners.

That being said, I am also looking at a new idea to immortalize our winners better than ever before!

If you wish to help out with the awards for your respected League this season, please get in touch with me so I can put together a committee!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.