Round 2 Playoffs Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Kingbling647, Dec 23, 2016.

1. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    Before I get into the Round 2 playoffs matchups predictions I just want to take a quick second to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas break.

Round 1 of the Playoffs was filled with excitement, entertainment, and heated arguments. Unfortunately some favourite teams had an early exit while some under dog teams shocked the community. With that being said, I would just like to congratulate every team that advanced from Round 1 and wish them the best of luck in Round 2 of the playoffs.

This is just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You don't agree with what I say, Make your own Round 2 prediction list. I will do a Round 3 prediction write-up when the time comes.

Round 2 Matchups:

upload_2016-12-23_22-47-34.png Iowa Wild vs Charlotte Checkers upload_2016-12-23_18-40-54.png

This is definitely an exciting match up to watch if you aren't part of it, I think this series will be the most exciting to watch in Round 2 of the playoffs. Both of these teams are built in a similar way, both teams having depth and 3 lines that can produce both Offensively and Defensively. I'm pretty sure a lot of teams that got knocked out early have learned that having depth goes a long way in playoffs and not just having 1 line that can produce for your team. Charlotte Checkers and Iowa Wild both have shown that in Round 1 against Chicago Wolves and Manitoba Moose, Not including throughout the regular season as well.

Charlotte Checkers is a very strong team and shouldn't be taken lightly by any teams as they have shown no mercy against another great team Chicago Wolves. Charlotte Checkers have to realize that Iowa Wild is nothing like the Chicago Wolves, Buy that I mean the Wild is a very scary team to go up against considering they have 3 lines that can produce, No gaps what so ever on the Iowa Wild roster. I think what will decide this series is what goalie plays better between the pipes.

Regular Season Match Up Results:

(3) Iowa Wild vs Charlotte Checkers (2)

Playoffs Prediction:

Iowa Wild in 7

upload_2016-12-23_19-21-39.png Hershey Bears vs Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins upload_2016-12-23_19-21-23.png

2 red-hot teams facing each other in Round 2. Hershey and Penguins both teams doing damage throughout the regular season as their 51-25-6 and 50-27-5 record shows making them #1 and #2 in the Eastern Atlantic. I think what will decide this series is what team can come out of the gates strong and generate offence.

Hershey Bears:

I have noticed some Hershey Bears players tend to seek attention by trolling people's posts, trolling people in the Shoutbox and much more making a lot of people dislike them and want them to get knocked out of playoffs already. You can't take away credit where its due though, Hershey roster is filled with great players that can be a threat to watch out for in this series. Hershey Bears is nothing like Iowa Wild or Charlotte Checkers, by that I mean there are gaps in this team starting with their goalie situation that they need to work on especially going up against a great team like the Penguins. The question for this series would be, Does @KittyKing69 know how to line match and use his ECU's properly against a power house team like Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins.

Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins:

Penguins roster is filled from the bottom up with greatness. Penguins have 2 solid goalies that have proven all season long to why they deserve a roster spot on the team. The forwards on this team are very deadly players that shouldn't be taken lightly as they will rip your team apart by what they do best, I can't really see any gaps in this team's roster unlike I can see in the Hershey Bears. I think if this team stays focus this series will be a walk in the park for the Penguins just like in Round 1 against the Thunderbirds.

(3) Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins vs Hershey Bears (2)

Playoffs Prediction:

Penguins in 6

upload_2016-12-23_20-32-30.png Ontario Reign vs San Antonio Rampage upload_2016-12-23_20-32-18.png

This is an interesting showdown between 2 teams that nobody expected them to make it past Round 1.
    Rampage defeating the Gulls and Ontario defeating Condors was very shocking, 2 under dog teams getting the job done and proving that anything can happen during playoffs since it's a whole new game. Both teams have a solid roster as their 47-26-9 and 48-26-8 records have shown throughout the regular season putting them 3rd and 4th in the Western Pacific. I think many of different factors will decide who will win this well fought series.

Ontario Reign:

Ontario roster is slept on by a lot of people, If you look closely at this team you will realize the talented players that they have. This team actually has pretty good depth and I would pick this team over many other teams in the playoffs. Ontario did an impressive job Round 1 showing the Condors that they are simply the better team, Round 2 is a different story though as the Rampage is a better team than the Condors and shouldn't be taken lightly by Ontario. I think if Ontario plays like they did in Round 1 against the Condors I don't see why they can't put up a fight with the Rampage in this series as they are undefeated against them in the regular season, but playoffs is a whole new game.

San Antonio Rampage:

Rampage definitely has a well-balanced team as they have shown in Round 1 knocking out a well favourite team to win the Calder Cup the Gulls. Most people thought that San Diego Gulls would have no problem knocking out the Rampage, That wasn't the case though as the Rampage showed why they deserve to be in the Playoffs and possible win the Calder Cup. Rampage has some deadly players that can do damage in this series starting with the leagues #1 goal scorer @Brentlymulligan. Rampage has good management that knows how to line match in playoffs which will be a reason on why this series will go to a game 7 in my opinion.

(0) San Antonio Rampage vs Ontario Reign (5)

Playoffs Prediction:

Ontario in 7

upload_2016-12-23_21-19-43.png St. John's Ice Caps vs Utica Comets upload_2016-12-23_21-19-26.png

Just like the Wild vs Checkers series this is another series that will be worth the watch. I cant really say anything about both teams considering the Eastern North is pretty weak. With a 43-30-9 and 47-32-3 record both of these teams didn't really have any competition and it was easy for both teams to secure a playoffs spot. I think what will decide who will win this series is what goalie plays better between the pipes for the most part.

St. John's ice Caps:

The Ice Caps have 2 very good lines with Elite status players starting with @Famous_T_Nasty and @MafiaMan15 which could be a threat going up against those guys, This team shouldn't be slept on by any teams as they can destroy you. I was pretty shocked that the Ice Caps knocked out the Crunch but that just proves to Utica that this team isn't no joke. The forwards on this team are deadly players that can decide an outcome of a game. In my opinion Ice Caps had a tougher team to play against Round 1 and I think they could handle the Comets if the team stays focus.

Utica Comets:

This is a very good team with out a doubt, I just think this team has some gaps in their roster that is hard to compete against a team like the Ice Caps. Comets have some good players like @CanadianKush2121 @Its_Jimbo_Slice @Marktsib @Jg3542jg @Bizness101 that really need to step it up this series and prove to everyone that they have what it takes to go up against greatness. Comets have 2 really good goalies that could possible steal wins for their team. Comets have to realize that Ice Caps is a different opponent than Albany and they have to be ready to put up the fight against them.

(3) St. John's Ice Caps vs Utica Comets (2)

Playoffs Prediction:

St. John's Ice Caps win in 6

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 11
    • Dumb Dumb x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Famous_T_Nasty

Famous_T_Nasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 5 / -16
    Another very solid write-up, Thank for the shoutout too bro! good luck in round 2 as well! Happy Holidays!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    Famous_T_Nasty
  3. Vrain91

Vrain91 Goalie/ R. Wing

Discord:
    Vrain91#6806
    Ratings:
    +413 / 17 / -51
    I'm going to use this format you made for the CHL if you are okay with that.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Bobby_Goggles12

Bobby_Goggles12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    Nice write up KB. Good luck to everyone & happy holidays

• Like Like x 4
    X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  5. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Well-Known Member

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    John_SheIdon
  6. KMAC5

KMAC5 Second coming of KMAC

Discord:
    kmac3323#0
    Ratings:
    +649 / 96 / -220
    Round 2 predictions kb hunts more scrubs

• Winner x 9
    • Funny x 4
    • Old x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    • Informative x 1
    kmcdonald_55
  7. newzealandtroak

newzealandtroak Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +380 / 16 / -34
    @Rosettastone

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    God I love my team

• Troll Troll x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    2wayhockey
  9. ClassicKarma

ClassicKarma Cockiest, worst defenseman of all LG.

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -6
    Ritz Crackers and Cheddared Potatoes

• Useful x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    fuck you vanessa graf

• Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    2wayhockey
  11. uWannaBeMeSoBad

uWannaBeMeSoBad #10 for Juventus

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -6
    King bling is definitely a bitch and has a shit youtube channel

• Creative x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Troll x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    420HedGehog
  12. ClassicKarma

ClassicKarma Cockiest, worst defenseman of all LG.

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -6
    Agreed, needs to quit asap if he wants his fan base to grow

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Taiter x 32

Taiter x 32 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    taiterx32#0
    Ratings:
    +458 / 12 / -19
    Quick thing I just realized KB, for Rampage and Reign we finished 3rd and 4th, not 2nd and 3rd in the division. You have the condors record instead of ours (47-26-9)

No Streaming Account
  14. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    OMG LMFAO... Good look!!

I just fixed it.

No Streaming Account
  15. ToeDragBedsy

ToeDragBedsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +351 / 192 / -240
    I like when everyone puts us as the underdogs and the team to lose we are gonna keep showing you guys who the winners really are ;)

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. ToeDragBedsy

ToeDragBedsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +351 / 192 / -240
    Rate my post dumb all you want but everyone voted the gulls to win it all and didnt even go to game 7

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Judge-99x

Judge-99x Defense first!

Ratings:
    +69 / 15 / -21
    Great write up!

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account