Please Vote! S15 Masterton/Clancy Community Involvement

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by I MT98 I, Feb 2, 2021.

1. OPxOwen

OPxOwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 6 / -9
    True, Cody taught me how to right stick up

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    the5thlinecbj
  2. Hra-ow

Hra-ow Hra

Ratings:
    +1,449 / 166 / -474
    • Like Like x 2
    hraow
  3. KyStew

KyStew Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -1
    After running PurpleCrush’s/Cody’s AHL team the last few seasons I can echo the sentiments above. Was a tremendous individual to work with. He was always there to support the AHL team and work with us on developing Arizona assets, while not sewering the Roadrunners for short term gain at the NHL level. I can’t imagine there are many other NHL owners who operate organizations like he does in terms of his support, experience, and professionalism.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. Doranz-

Doranz- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 3 / -19
    adxmi1i
  5. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    No disrespect to @MrPurpleCrush , but I'm yet to see an explanation as to why he deserves the trophy for THIS SEASON. Lots of people are saying because he's stepping down that he should be sent off with the trophy?? What?? What about people like @Dangs92 who completely turned his team around THIS SEASON?

yea I get it Cody is a great guy and a great manager but Dangs deserves it more for what he's done THIS SEASON.

Masterton: @Dangs92
    Clancy: @GingerNHL bc his memes are awesome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    zChieef
  6. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    The award involves contribution to the community. Yeah Dangs turned around a dumpster fire, and he'll likely get a jack adams nod. Cody contributed to this league EVERY SEASON, including this one, by being an A+ manager, mentor to a ton of players, and being an overall class act that many people looked up to. What about that doesn't deserve this trophy? Or are you just being the contrarian that you've always liked to be for funsies

• Winner Winner x 1
    2wayhockey
  7. Dowdenn

Dowdenn Emo King

Discord:
    Dowden#1118
    Ratings:
    +173 / 15 / -12
    Nowhere in the description of the award whether talking about the irl or LG version does it state “the current year or the current season”. The award is given out in S15 yes but it’s not exclusive to acts made during this season. Dangs definitely is deserving of the award and if you cared to read he made a post himself saying to give it to Cody. I’ve personally told @I MT98 I to give them a Co-Masterson. But this idea that the award is strictly based on 1 season is narrow minded, read the description.

“In LG, the Masterton is IDEALLY MEANT FOR SOMEONE THAT HAS EITHER BEEN ON LG FOR A LONG TIME AND IS GENERALLY A GOOD INFLEUNCE/HAS A GOOD IMPACT IN THE COMMUNITY(Cody), OR someone that had to deal with a dumpster fire all season and didn't complain/quit, or even embraced it and tried to improve the situation around them(Dangs).” The description of the award fits both @Dangs92 and @MrPurpleCrush very well. Who you would choose is your own opinion and that’s why the awards committee asks for suggestions before they make a decision.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    Dowden11
  8. Dylbxrt

Dylbxrt Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dylbert#2473
    Ratings:
    +181 / 11 / -6
    DylbertDangles
  9. Lafontaine92

Lafontaine92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 6 / -25
    It's literally wrote S15 masterdon in the thread title and it's literally wrote in the trophy description IRL that it's an ANNUAL trophy, means one season / one trophy. This is just not a career trophy... If you check the real trophy winners, pretty sure you'll see that they been nominated and winned it for what they did in the actual season

I understand that there's not a lot of candidates every season cause that's a trophy based more on the personal side but imo it's wrong the way we're doing it on lg by including owners quitting. There's a pretty easy fix and it's a owners hall of fame... Like i said in my other message, it would be so dumb with that trophy to face the situation where two owners who had an impact in the league would quit the same season... Just make a system in place where every owner after X seasons when they quits are elligible to the hall of fame, put them to a community vote and if they got X% of the votes they're intronised to owners hall of fame, something like this. Reward the owners and let the guys who should win it for the season, winning it

That's obvious that purplecrush should win it if we consider it the way lg propose... We would compare a whole career to a season... Obviously that purplecrush did more in his whole career that what dangs did in one season lol Doesn't makes sense to me it makes the trophy dumb asf, let's give the art ross to the guy with the most career points every season too at this point

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Primetimme1
  11. Lafontaine92

Lafontaine92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 6 / -25
    Mb my post looks kinda agressive lol In other words i just think that owners should be reward but rewarding an owner for his career and the seasonal masterdon should be two different things. Nothing personal there

No Streaming Account