SECACCBig12 Online Dynasty Running QB Issue Please submit input...

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming International Hockey League (PSN)' started by ckseven, Aug 16, 2008.

1. MURF DIZZLE 88

MURF DIZZLE 88 Captain Matt, My Hero

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i think there lies the major problem with most people. they all want every1 to play tradtional sytle where every1 runs 'pro' style offesnes. this is college, where wide open gameplay rules the sport. the reason why i love college so much is because of the air raid, run n shoot and triple option, its a changeup to the pro style, let the pros run the pro offense.

and its not like he won the game on those, u failing to mention how he really shut u down all game on defense. ur running back had 5 yards on 7 carries. its not like u guys went up and down the field on each other u did hold him to like 23 points. now im pretty sure u could of managed 24 on a defense like baylor with oklahoma (hell even i did and that was with colorado). he played well on both sides thats what won him the game not his 'gay' qb runs as u put it

No Streaming Account
  2. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Cubbies16CHAMPS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    wow your backing up your brother and piling on, big surprise. once again why things shoulsd be handleled in PM's thanks CK

how many time do i have to say i dont care. lets just see what everyone else has to say as the saeason goes on. can we drop it now?

No Streaming Account
  3. DTA Today

DTA Today am j0 buddin on nu jerzy

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    The name is Matt not rusty (for future reference) and maybe I will play him because he is probably a really good player. I trust what other members say about him, guys who don't preach fiction. Your just entirely too pissed off about losing it seems. If he beat Oklahoma with Baylor, his defensive skills must not have been lacking...would you agree? Just take the loss and don't say everyone in this league plays in a way you don't like. That's just a cop out when you get handed an L and an immature way to handle this whole situation.

No Streaming Account
  4. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    and yeah I will drop it. Sorry I was in the middle of posting when you posted this. If you look at the time my post was a minute after you posted this because I was typing it.

No Streaming Account
  5. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    for the record i never said everyone plays ina way i dont like, jsut this one guy. and I pm'd the commish asking if hteres a rule about it since it mentions it in the madden rules and he posted here only for me to get called out because of it. i think i handeled it pretty maturely until i got flamed. thanks for that by the way. and i do seem to remember beating you when you were LSU trying to do the same thing so I know what i'm doing, thank you. and I also know what is not so kosher. but come on already who cares this much can this just die please, thank you.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  6. MURF DIZZLE 88

MURF DIZZLE 88 Captain Matt, My Hero

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    jus wanna add this and its done, and its nothing bout the game either

i would have no problem calling out my brother if he did that kind of stuff on purpose, i would say a lot of the time i cant stand the kid so if he did something cheap or like u claim i would almost have no problem agreeing with you and not backing him, but in this case i gotta go with my bro

SteelCity if u want to play him in a regular game and dont want to wait to maybe get matchupd with him let me kno, he has like three GT's that he uses so ill let u know which one he is on

No Streaming Account
  7. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    What did I do when you beat me? I am confused as to what you meant. Yeah you were handing it to me pretty good whats your point...that I was running with the QB? Bro, you were smashing me I was trying to get the game over with I had no hope of winning. I knew I wasn't going to win after you started killing me so I just did whatever came to mind. You don't have to act all big cuz you beat me and to get a quick shot in there and then to say let this thing die is completely hypocritical.

No Streaming Account
  8. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    running your QB around. i know how to stop it and i know how you cant stop it.

No Streaming Account
  9. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    alright I edited my post so please look at it now, thanks.

No Streaming Account
  10. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    your a good player, I'm not saying your not I just don't think its cool to be like "oh yah I was smashing you and you started running with QB...now let this whole thing go"

No Streaming Account
  11. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    all im saying is i know how to stop it. i proved it when i played you. that s it no acting biug, no dig, jsut simple empirical fact.

No Streaming Account
  12. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    yeah but if you thought it was cheap I'm sorry. I was just running around cuz you had me beat, my bad if you thought it was gay.

No Streaming Account
  13. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    i didnt think you were cheap, it is a totally different thing.

No Streaming Account
  14. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    ok yea you know what I mean then cool.

No Streaming Account
  15. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    i understand there are situations, and especailly when a pass breaks down its not cheap to run, but in certain "money situations" its a little cheap to spread out 5 make them run deep then run the qb up the middle for a first. totally different situations. not all qb running is bad. not by any means. but at times it can be cheap. especially running to the sidles to make a pass off the snap and the situation i described above as examples.

No Streaming Account
  16. x x m o s s 81

x x m o s s 81 London Knights Owner/GM

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i cant wait to take down the FLuke skool Baylor DOwn in a couple weeks

No Streaming Account
  17. I xTH3 GAM3x I

I xTH3 GAM3x I TeaM NoRThEaST

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Baylor for big 12 championship, 5 attempts with QB or not, even if i dont, my defense is illlllllllllllll!

No Streaming Account
  18. ckseven

ckseven Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow!!

This post was to vote on an issue not a flame throwing thread. I don't know where to start. I guess let's start with the fact that Cubbies stayed quiet until he was called out. Also in Cubbies defense he is not a cheeser for picking Oklahoma. That team was put on the table for him to choose from. I didn't say here are the teams to choose from and oh by the way if you pick OU we will all think you are less of a person. Top teams will always be out there for people to pick up when we need a replacement, that is because these are three top conferences.

I have to admit I have been pissed before when at the snap on every passing play the QB bee lines it towards the sideline and forces my LB's to make a decision. I have only encountered this in the online lobbies and never in leagues. That should tell you the cheese factor of doing something like that. However football is a chess match and I would usually just counter that from happening by spreading my D line and sending a LB or CB blitz or spying. Tim Tebow didn't win the Heisman last year by throwing 51 TD's he rushed for half of them. There are some great QB's out there and college football is a game that shows off athletes from all positions and I don't want to totally take that out of this game.

On the running QB issue I just put out an idea and wanted everyone to vote and maybe chime in on with why they voted that way. I originally said this is the rule I wanted voted on (yes or no). Should we limit how many times in a game a QB can run in Human vs Human games to 5 times per game (including option and spread runs). I am going to change this rule to say Should we limit the amount of times a QB can run in standard drop back passing plays to 5 times. Option plays and spread offense plays are part of the game and if you have the right QB to run those plays then I don't want to take that out of your offense. If you vote no to the rule, then let me know how many times we should limit it to if at all.

As far as the rule they have in the Madden league this is how it reads:
    As far as running with the quarterback...I'm not going to say you can't run with the QB but it should NOT be a staple of your offense. No one is going to bust your chops for taking off when your guys are covered or when you're about to be sacked. You shouldn't be heading for the sidelines right after the snap on most passing plays. On the flip side, you have QB Spy plays, cornerback and safety blitzes as well as defensive playmaker. In short, Make the necessary adjustments. That's what good players do.

To me this rule in the Madden League leaves alot of individual interpretation which we already know is not going to be the same for everyone. Also there are no spread or option plays in Madden. That is why I am trying to put a set amount of times a QB can run and only on standard drop back passing plays. Let me know. Sucks that pretty much only a few people are chiming in, but I guess these are the people checking out and reading the threads.

No Streaming Account
  19. I xTH3 GAM3x I

I xTH3 GAM3x I TeaM NoRThEaST

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You cant really put an amount of times someones line breaks down, or receivers are covered, but i'll go ahead and say yes, 5 rushes on non rushing plays for QB's

No Streaming Account
  20. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    I'm going to vote No to the limit. I don't think we should have a limit at all.

No Streaming Account